https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Get Pulis NOW !!!

Started by Robbie, September 13, 2014, 11:32:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: alfie on September 14, 2014, 09:44:56 AM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on September 14, 2014, 07:56:30 AM
Not pulis! He is a good manager but just like sparky, jol, rene amd magath he is not suitable for fulham. It takes a certain character to be our main man and pulis doesnt have the right mentality to unite with the fans. He does a job and does it for his own interests, he proved that at palace.

Mcdermott, hughton, steve clarke would be my choices. Id be delighted with any of them and I believe they would make us feel like fulham again. The managers role is vital in that regard. Its not just the results that are the problem, its the whole set up thats wrong.

Give us our fulham back!!!!!!! But no pulis!!!!!!!

#magath out, ali mac out..... pulis stay out!!!!!!!

With all due respect danniboi you just listed the last 4 managers all not suitable for Fulham, what makes you think the 3 others you quoted would be, and what if the next one comes in and is not suitable for Fulham?

Thats a fair point but are you suggesting the 3 I mentioned arent more suited to fulham than our last 4 managers were?

Hughes and jol both knew they were bigger than fulham and their personality didnt compliment us although sparky's a good manager. Felix even more so doesnt belong and rene was man utd based for so long and never a manager.

Pulis doesnt belong here either. Maybe the 3 I said wouldnt guarantee success but they would understand our club a lot better and respect it. That should always be something we look for in a manager, thats all I was suggesting.

Do you want pulis then?
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

b+w geezer

For supporters of most clubs there would be a plus and a minus side to the Pulis proposition. In our case, for specific historical reasons, there is a big extra minus that would alienate a swathe of longer term fans. The rights and wrongs of that situation are irrelevant to the fact it exists. Given the benefits of as many as possible feeling able to rally around an appointment, it's to be hoped not Pulis, unlikely to want come here at present anyway.

J.Perkins

What did Pulis actually do to offend us?

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: J.Perkins on September 14, 2014, 11:49:47 AM

Exactly.  Nothing.  Did anyone watch Palace v Liverpool last year ?  In a short space of time, Pulis got Palace playing like a team and one of their outcasts, took our defence to the cleaners yesterday.

J.Perkins

Plus, on Goals on Saturday, he just praised Fulham, saying they're a wonderful club with great training facilities.

domprague

:plus one:

Quote from: TonyGilroy on September 14, 2014, 10:00:04 AM

Fortunately Pulis didn't walk out on Palace hoping the Fulham job might become available.

He's in pole position once Premier League management sacking season begins.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

MJG

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on September 14, 2014, 11:52:09 AM
Quote from: J.Perkins on September 14, 2014, 11:49:47 AMWhat did Pulis actually do to offend us?

Exactly.  Nothing.
I said I would stay away but that's just wrong.  His fist pump to the Gillingham game fans when they were singing about the death of one of our fans will go down as one of the worst sights I have ever seen in a manager acknowledging fans.

This post was edited due to offensive language.

b+w geezer

Quote from: MJG on September 14, 2014, 11:56:35 AM
His fist pump to the Gillingham game fans when they were singing about the death of one of our fans will go down as one of the worst sights I have ever seen in a manager acknowledging fans.
This is answer to the "what did he ever do to offend us" question posed earlier, and the poster who posed it should please accept that that is how it seems to a proportion of fans who were around at the time. Some of them would go further and say that some actions of Pulis helped to fuel the atmosphere that led to the post-match manslaughter of a Fulham regular. There are countersuggestions of many kinds concerning both that day at Gillingham and Pulis' first visit to CC afterwards. More lenient views of Pulis are possible, but rightly or wrongly he would be a divisive figure for reasons unconnected with his abilities as manager, and so it's not the best idea to have him here.

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: J.Perkins on September 14, 2014, 11:49:47 AMWhat did Pulis actually do to offend us?

Exactly.  Nothing.
I said I would stay away but that's just wrong.  His fist pump to the Gillingham game fans when they were singing about the death of one of our fans will go down as one of the worst sights I have ever seen in a manager acknowledging fans.

Very emotional subject and to be honest I did not think he was responding to that song.  I understood that he was not even listening and just acknowledging the Gillingham fans (who certainly can be horrid) as he turned to them.  I was there that day and did not hear it directly myself.

You've certainly got to have something wrong with you to acknowledge that chant & I hope that is not the case as life was lost.  You do try and think the best of people, but football often let's you down.

MasterHaynes

just make the call and get Lee Clark in

MrProphet

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on September 14, 2014, 12:14:31 PM
Quote from: J.Perkins on September 14, 2014, 11:49:47 AM

Exactly.  Nothing.
I said I would stay away but that's just wrong.  His fist pump to the Gillingham game fans when they were singing about the death of one of our fans will go down as one of the worst sights I have ever seen in a manager acknowledging fans.
You want that fucker then by all means take him. But your lose a lot of good fans while he's here.

Very emotional subject and to be honest I did not think he was responding to that song.  I understood that he was not even listening and just acknowledging the Gillingham fans (who certainly can be horrid) as he turned to them.  I was there that day and did not hear it directly myself.

You've certainly got to have something wrong with you to acknowledge that chant & I hope that is not the case as life was lost.  You do try and think the best of people, but football often let's you down. 

I really do question how can you can say you where there but did not hear It????????

I'm sick of people putting this scum bags name forward I'd have something to say to Khan if he talks about preserving history of our club and goes near him.

We need a Fulham man. Someone who will restore the pride in our club. Kit and Danny dream team for me I couldn't care less that they have no experience atleast I'd be proud to watch them

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 14, 2014, 12:29:26 AM
Anybody BUT Pulis please. He has shown at Palace and with his style at other clubs that he is not a manager to be trusted or needed.

Steve Clarke will be the next man through the door.

Is Chris Hughton available?
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Skatzoffc

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on September 14, 2014, 07:56:30 AM
Not pulis! He is a good manager but just like sparky, jol, rene amd magath he is not suitable for fulham. It takes a certain character to be our main man and pulis doesnt have the right mentality to unite with the fans. He does a job and does it for his own interests, he proved that at palace.

Mcdermott, hughton, steve clarke would be my choices. Id be delighted with any of them and I believe they would make us feel like fulham again. The managers role is vital in that regard. Its not just the results that are the problem, its the whole set up thats wrong.

Give us our fulham back!!!!!!! But no pulis!!!!!!!

#magath out, ali mac out..... pulis stay out!!!!!!!

:plus one:

Skatzoffc

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on September 14, 2014, 09:03:27 AM
Quote from: JIMMY D on September 14, 2014, 08:41:16 AM
Yes I know the Pulis history... What's this fallout crap?

We all want felix out and we all want success but I do NOT want to go down the route of success at the cost of our clubs values/identity.

Pulis and fulham do not go together and id rather be relegated with hughton or mcdermott, even kit in charge rather than gain success with someone who would defy who we are as a club.

He is a good manager but he is also a nasty opinionated moron.

Man utd, chelsea, man city etc dont have an identity anymore, they lost that the day their heads were turned and greed took over. They have already forgotten the success of last year, or the treble or the 50's, 60's. Yes they remember the landmarks like the munich plane crash but when it comes to glory, all they are interested in is where the next trophy is coming from, they would happily ditch a legend for the sake of a mourinho or a van gaal when the trophies start to dry up.

If the choice was a few years in league one with a gentleman at the helm doing his best with my wonderful memories of the great days OR a good attempt at being back in the prem but at the cost of no longer being fulham and disrespecting the fan who lost his life at gillingham..... then I know what I would choose.

I know weve lost our fulham already but it can easily be won back with the right man, pulis in charge would go down in history as one of our darkest days. It just cant happen

Well said Danny

The Enclosurite

The next manager we appoint needs to be somebody who unites the fans.  A Fulham man would be ideal but that doesn't really leave us with a lot of options other than a few 'first jobbers' (Symons/Murphy) who would lack experience.  I really can't see us poaching anyone, certainly not from the top two divisions anyway (Clark).

Tim Sherwood would be my choice in the hope that he can utilise the loan window and call in a few favours.  The longer we leave things though the worse we are going to look from the outside (pretty awful already I know!) so we need to act fast or our quality options will diminish as each day ticks by - who would be crazy enough to take over this sinking ship?

Pinning all my hopes on the fact that it is Felix that is losing us games, not the players and a change would see an almost instant improvement.

Pulis is a non-starter as would only cause more friction between the fans than there already is, there's certainly nothing worse than seeing our own supporters arguing with each other, something that is happening way too much for my liking right now.
¡COYW!

Lighthouse

Quote from: Skatzoffc on September 14, 2014, 12:36:40 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on September 14, 2014, 12:29:26 AM
Anybody BUT Pulis please. He has shown at Palace and with his style at other clubs that he is not a manager to be trusted or needed.

Steve Clarke will be the next man through the door.

Is Chris Hughton available?

He was certainly hanging around at one time. As he isn't Felix I would welcome him with open arms.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Milo

Never.

Would rather see Danny Murphy as he talks a lot of sense. As previously said, he would be taking up his first job so we can't expect promotion. However, I think promotion might be wishful thinking after this start.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Milo on September 14, 2014, 03:42:59 PM
However, I think promotion might be wishful thinking after this start.

You actually think we may not get promoted this season?

What sort of supporter are you?