more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Email from Emerson Hyndman

Started by DeuceBigelow, September 16, 2014, 07:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheManOnTheBus

Quote from: SouthIslandWhite on September 17, 2014, 05:47:33 AM
I am failing to see the scandal here?  So what?  So Emerson wrote a nice e-mail to fans thanking them for their support and hoping for it to continue into the future?  And this is bad how?  Please explain the drama here, I am at a loss.

I'm with this one.  Really can't see the problem with this email.  Why shouldn't the club ask for support?

Really - should it really say what is being implied by the above posters: "We are crap. You know we are. We know we are. We are rudderless. Come along. Cheer if you want. Boo if you want. Or just don't even bother."

Or just think that and be silent.

Or get the email to come from Ali M (who doesn't do public facing).

Berserker

I'm ok with the e mail, Hyndman is one of my favourite players of our current squad.
I actually thought he had fallen in love with when he saw me in the crowd and had sent me a personally message. Bit dissappointed that my fantasy has been debunked but I am still ok with the message from the club, it shows they realise they are losing support, and hopefully will take other methods to address.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

cmg

I have lived through the Bay of Pigs fiasco, the Kennedy assassination, the Prefumo affair, Watergate, Enron, the Torrey Canyon disaster and the Rape of the Sabine Women (although I may be confusing this with the signing of Budgie Byrne) but no single incident has been more disgusting, repugnant and personally insulting than the receipt, from the arch-criminal Emerson Hyndman, of this pleasant, apologetic and palliative message.
What breathtaking affrontary to apologise for poor performances and to urge my continued support. I have, of course, eaten my season ticket and will henceforth support Atletico Madrid, who I will follow slavishly for the rest of eternity...or until such time as they get turned over by a couple of Fulham rejects.

Reznor

Quote from: Max Headroom on September 17, 2014, 08:13:52 AM
The whole situation at Fulham has become a joke. The honest truth is that the club is being run so badly that we fans have just had enough so any small indiscretion by the management is being jumped on.

We smirked at Blackburn when venkys took over, but we are currently every bit as bad.

I know we had to clear out the old guard but Tankovic, Kasami, dejagah, Ruiz, mitroglou (debatable but not given a fair go) and Richardson should currently be playing for Fulham. It makes me so sad.

A few Khan apologists had a right go at me a few weeks back when I said we are as badly run as Blackburn are under the Venky's. I somehow think the Venky's are doing a better job at running their club at the moment, infact they are like the best football owners in the world compared to the laughing stock trying to run us at the moment.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Max Headroom on September 17, 2014, 08:13:52 AM
The whole situation at Fulham has become a joke. The honest truth is that the club is being run so badly that we fans have just had enough so any small indiscretion by the management is being jumped on.

We smirked at Blackburn when venkys took over, but we are currently every bit as bad.

I know we had to clear out the old guard but Tankovic, Kasami, dejagah, Ruiz, mitroglou (debatable but not given a fair go) and Richardson should currently be playing for Fulham. It makes me so sad.
Absolutely!   :049:gif

Baszab

The message is pathetic

It is so obviously not written by EH and treats the gullible supporters like we are mugs

Put out a proper statement of intent from the Board and the Owner

It's almost a double-bluff - "we know that you know it's not written by an 18-year old player...but so what"

sumofallparts

I thought it a very cheap shot to get an alleged email from an 18 yr old kid, when in reality it's a shabby bit of PR.
Baszab sums it up.
I don't often agree with his world-weary pessimism, but he nails it above. :)

supersimmo123

At least it wasnt another message from Felix saying we should be patient. Patient for what? until you actually realise what you are doing... So clueless.

westcliff white

the club are spending for to much time on PR letters form Parker, FM and now Hyndmann, its a joke, shows how desperate they have become to get support.

They should spend less time on these things and more on sorting out Felix's severance package if he actually deserves one, but alas they wont sack him which is just making me more annoyed as i type.
Every day is a Fulham day

VicHalomsLovechild

Quote from: Twig on September 17, 2014, 05:34:57 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on September 17, 2014, 12:38:05 AM
Wow! I don't think I've seen this much anger in a very long time -- on any forum and on any subject.

Players have been commenting on past matches and future matches for DECADES. Now, it's disgusting and reprehensible?

It's scary how much hate is floating around on a website devoted to football. Scary, indeed.

An absolutely absurd email.  To saddle a very young player with this PR defence is cowardly behaviour by the senior management of FFC.  We want to hear from the owner or the MD and an honest sounding apology from one of them might help a little.  In addition, what is Khan's strategic plan and what is his perception of our current plight?  What will AM's role be in turning around the situation, how will he implement Khan's strategy?  An apology by a decent youngster who has nothing to apologise for is just plain wrong

He's old enough to drive and vote. He's a professional sportsman a full international, has an agent and we've been told a wise head on young shoulders. I'm sure if he really hated the idea he would have said something and a struggling PR department would have gone elsewhere. Players feed off the crowd so it makes sense for the request to come from a player. We've had interviews on the offal for years now and I'm sure many have been stitched together. So what's really new here.
Mr Khan owns the club we are not shareholders so there's no need for him to let on what his strategic plan is. Particularly given the grief he's getting at the moment.
I don't have a problem with people objecting to what goes on or disagreeing with someone else's view but this constant stream of non stories or made up stuff which cannot be proved is pretty tedious.

westcliff white

Sorry Vic I disagree, we do not need PR written statements telling us to support a club we all love and have supported loyally for how ever long. What we nee dis less PR BS and more action from the club. I do  not care whose name is on the letter they have to stop.

Why do we not have Sarah s pre match interviews anymore? what happened to the google chat room things?
Every day is a Fulham day

Lighthouse

What IS tedious is having this run of results and players pleading for the fans to get behind them as if that is the only problem.  The fans can get behind and the players can really try this time. But the simple truth is, players, manager and owner are managing to instil a strong feeling from the fans that really could have been avoided. When you have dished up 1 draw this season, you really shouldn't expect the suckers to swoon with joy because a player pleads for the fans to keep coming through the turnstiles and clap politely.

If some fans enjoy and accept this PR than it clearly works on a few. But even those fans are going to be tired by this nonesense sooner or later.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

HatterDon

Quote from: cmg on September 17, 2014, 09:04:39 AM
I have lived through the Bay of Pigs fiasco, the Kennedy assassination, the Prefumo affair, Watergate, Enron, the Torrey Canyon disaster and the Rape of the Sabine Women (although I may be confusing this with the signing of Budgie Byrne) but no single incident has been more disgusting, repugnant and personally insulting than the receipt, from the arch-criminal Emerson Hyndman, of this pleasant, apologetic and palliative message.
What breathtaking affrontary to apologise for poor performances and to urge my continued support. I have, of course, eaten my season ticket and will henceforth support Atletico Madrid, who I will follow slavishly for the rest of eternity...or until such time as they get turned over by a couple of Fulham rejects.

:bump:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

terryr

Quote from: grandad on September 16, 2014, 07:50:22 PM
This e-mail was sent to all ST Holders. I doubt if it was written by him personally. Typical PR effort but does no harm as the club know what a mess they are in.
It was sent to everyone who is a member and went to Reading

Max Headroom