watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just got 25/1 odds on Danny murphy

Started by Tempest, September 17, 2014, 02:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PJFulhamFC

Steve Clark with Danny Murphy as assistant, this would be my dream pairing if Magath would get the sack.

SouthWest6

I can only see Danny as a No.2, or even a coach, not a No.1, certainly not in our position anyway. IF we're to sack Magath, then an experienced manager needs brining in, not another manager that is a risk. If we get this next appointment wrong, then we're buggered, quite simply.

We need a no-nonsense manager who can come straight in, lift the players, and in turn have an instant impact on the results. We need to desperately steady the ship, but also have someone who'll have buying power in January, as we'll need to add players.

Act correctly and we'll finish mid-table I reckon, with a good platform for next season. Act poorly again and we'll end up in League 1, and I wouldn't want to destroy Murphy's reputation with Fulham.

It's in our hands, we have plenty of time, but the clock is ticking.   

cmg

40.1.1 all Managers in the Championship must hold a minimum of the UEFA A Licence and be working towards completing the UEFA Pro-Licence within 3 years of appointment or 1st August 2015 whichever is the later.

Tempest

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on September 17, 2014, 03:42:27 PM
Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on September 17, 2014, 03:24:50 PM
Where did you get these odds from? Just been on Oddschecker, can't find any odds for either Danny or Kit

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/fulham/next-permanent-manager

So they dont give odds on the big rumours of murphy and kit but they reckon boa morte is 66/1 lol.Good old boa

Ladbrokes, had to go in to a high street store  and they  offered this as a special.
Live in Falmouth!

Tempest

Quote from: cmg on September 17, 2014, 04:50:52 PM

40.1.1 all Managers in the Championship must hold a minimum of the UEFA A Licence and be working towards completing the UEFA Pro-Licence within 3 years of appointment or 1st August 2015 whichever is the later.
Head coach apparently gets around this? And that was the bet, manager or head coach. Not sure if thats right but just thought his reaction to alan brazil was  interesting. Hey, if I'm wrong, its £10.00 I'll make that back on our win by 3 goals or more this evening..............
Live in Falmouth!

Tempest

Quote from: SouthWest6 on September 17, 2014, 04:38:40 PM
I can only see Danny as a No.2, or even a coach, not a No.1, certainly not in our position anyway. IF we're to sack Magath, then an experienced manager needs brining in, not another manager that is a risk. If we get this next appointment wrong, then we're buggered, quite simply.

We need a no-nonsense manager who can come straight in, lift the players, and in turn have an instant impact on the results. We need to desperately steady the ship, but also have someone who'll have buying power in January, as we'll need to add players.

Act correctly and we'll finish mid-table I reckon, with a good platform for next season. Act poorly again and we'll end up in League 1, and I wouldn't want to destroy Murphy's reputation with Fulham.

It's in our hands, we have plenty of time, but the clock is ticking.   

completely agree, that's the sane approach but we're not making many sane decisions at the moment, plus its not who I want, nor if he gets it do I think it would be right just a throw it out there bet. Its football, weird stuff happens
Live in Falmouth!

Tempest

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on September 17, 2014, 04:25:44 PM
Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on September 17, 2014, 04:03:01 PM
Quote from: SouthWest6 on September 17, 2014, 03:55:34 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on September 17, 2014, 03:43:47 PM
No offense intended but, I hope for all our sakes that this one doesn't come thru for you. I don't believe Danny is experienced enough to take on a well-performing Fulham. I know he's not ready for Fulham in this kind of shape. Would be a disaster IMHO.

Completely agree, but we're not making sane decisions at the moment, thought Danny's reaction this week was interesting so I've put 2 + 2 together and come up with hopefully £250!
Live in Falmouth!

Mokes

Quote from: David Allen Crankshaw on September 17, 2014, 02:34:26 PM
I wouldn't want Kit to be considered for the top job. He been doing a fantastic job with the Academy so why should we want to change that situation. He may be very happy with his present role so why spoil things.

This is borderline ridiculous... Imagine if you yourself were working your way up the career ladder and the perfect opportunity came up, but your employers were like "no, well yeah, you have been an amazing asset to this club, you are loved by everyone in it, you're loyal and you get the best out of your players but the problem is you're too good at the youth team and we don't want to risk our kids sucking as much as the first team, so we're going to keep you where you are and bring in a complete unknown or someone who has just been sacked from another club for guiding them to mediocrity.. Keep up the good work though..

If Kits career ambitions are to become no more than a youth team manager then fair enough. I highly doubt it though.

I think Kit deserves a crack. If however we do bring in someone new, I would like to see kit promoted to the first teams number two and Murphy come in as the youth team manager to see what he can do.

PJFulhamFC

Bit of a strange one but I have a funny feeling that Magath will get sacked tomorrow and I reckon his replacement could be Bob Bradley the former coach of the USA national team, linked with the job 3-4 years ago and with an American owner this wouldn't be the strangest appointment