watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Big Sam's on MOTD

Started by bill taylors apprentice, August 22, 2015, 11:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andyb

People on here moaning about Allardyce style of play, we aren't exactly playing beautiful football at the moment...

fulhams_finest

Quote from: Asotosyios on August 23, 2015, 06:49:06 AM
Please no Allardyce - West Ham was appalling to watch. I am sure there are other managers out there that can combine winning with better quality of football.

can it be any more appalling than what we have to watch now?

Shredhead

Maybe bring him as an advisor to Kit? Because I'm not sure what Curbs is doing.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Asotosyios

What we are watching now is not only appalling - it's really painful!

I am not saying Allardyce won't be an improvement over Kit and that he won't organise us properly and get wins - he will do all these. It's just I am not fond of his style of football - I watched West Ham a few times after Christmas last year and they were as bad as we are.

Allestree andy

Hi im new to this forum but have been a supporter for over 50 years, sam would be better option than what we have now, although how about nigel pearson, he did a good job at leicester
To the limit and beyond

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: hovewhite on August 23, 2015, 09:54:41 AM
I noticed yesterday around me the lack of season ticket holders and we are 2 home games into the season and fear its goin to get worse.

Two of my mates were away on family hols, that could be true of a few more.
But if things don't improve I agree it will get worse.

HillingdonFFC

This "precious" attitude we have to style of play winds me right up. West Ham did not play appalling football, I work with West Ham who go home and away and they reckon they played good stuff. Apparently went a little more direct when Carroll came back but so what ?
Djorkyev and Okotcha spoke very well of Allardyce, doesn't sound like a dinosaur to me

spoken

It is well known that Alladyce and his wife like living in London. I also heard him on talk sport a week or so ago saying he was looking to get back into football but only for the right job.....

Is it me or has his sudden reappearance in the media coincided with calls for us to change our manager? After all, there were rumours that we had spoken to him before and even a mention he was spoken to this week somewhere on the board.

I for one think he wants the Fulham job. It's an appealing proposition - we can hardly get any worse, a great opportunity to come in and fix the club. He is well known for being very thorough and leaving no stone unturned, there is a bit of cash, it is in London......Big Sam is a no brainier to me. Players will respect him, they clearly don't respect Kit! This is fundamental.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on August 23, 2015, 05:02:51 PM
This "precious" attitude we have to style of play winds me right up. West Ham did not play appalling football, I work with West Ham who go home and away and they reckon they played good stuff. Apparently went a little more direct when Carroll came back but so what ?
Djorkyev and Okotcha spoke very well of Allardyce, doesn't sound like a dinosaur to me
Now come on Hillingdon FFC, We don't need any of your logic and fair arguments here.
People don't want Big Sam because he might shout at our little darlings and expect them to loose weight or stay out of McDonald's. Fulham don't need that sort of archaic Management. Much better sticking with what we have, we know Kit won't shout, bless.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

mancwhite

Just to be accurate the Norwich manager had managed in successfully in Scotland - but was clearly still a gamble but I suspect less so than Kit as it has proved. Easy with heinsight. However people like Allardyce/McCarthy have done it consistently at a number of teams - that's a proven track record - consistently making teams competitive at our level. There is no evidence so far that Kit can do this nice bloke and all that
Your just too good to be true Fulham

Burt

Quote from: Andyb on August 23, 2015, 10:51:03 AM
People on here moaning about Allardyce style of play, we aren't exactly playing beautiful football at the moment...

He actually had WHU playing some decent stuff last season.

bill taylors apprentice

Even if we made him an offer I would be surprised if he took us on as he has a high opinion of himself and probably has eyes on the money in the PL.

I read about his playing days when wages were not obscene and how he would engineer a move every few seasons to take advantage of a signing on fee every time, therefore maximizing his value.

It would need an offer such as MAF made to Keegan and Tigana to interest him but it might be worth it.

love4ffc

Big Sam is not my cup of tea when it comes to football.  We would see more route 1 long balls if he comes.  With that said he is a very organized manager who has a pretty good CV.  He would probably get our defense sorted out right away without even having to bring in new players.  Also think he would probably have a better chance of attracting better players for Fulham. 

If he did come, and he did get us up to the PL, couldn't see him staying for more then say 4 years.  As eventually he's style can only take a team so far. 

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

aFFCn_Fan

Quote from: west kowloon white on August 23, 2015, 08:32:40 AM
Viewed with Sam envy,Bournemouth envy.
Can't agree that Khan has made the place toxic but a change is justified and must surely be made before a play off place becomes unrealistic.
As things stand they are already-please act.
Poor gate and sad to say,gave it a miss myself.
0001.jpeg
This pretty much sums it all up for me...apart from the last part as I can't easily get to games from Africa. Reckon I'll make 1-2 games in December so our form better improve by then. I understand reservations about Sam's "style of play" but weren't we playing long ball to Smith. Sam would get us organised and I reckon he'd be up for the challenge to take us up.
@hincharoo