more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Opposition view of your situation

Started by forestfan, September 19, 2014, 10:58:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

forestfan

Hi all,

I was at the game on Wednesday and also saw your game against Cardiff. I thought you might appreciate the view of someone who as a Forest fan, knows this league well.

I don't believe you will go down, you have enough quality to stay up. The thing about this league is that if you put a run of wins together you will quickly shoot up the table. Even with the crazy team selection on Wednesday, you were better than Blackpool and Reading who have visited the City Ground so far.

The root of your problems in my opinion is that Mcgath totally underestimated, and had little knowledge of this league. We see it often from relegated clubs who have not been in the Championship for a while. There is actually a lot of quality in the league. The top 6-8 teams in this league are very similar to the bottom 5-6 in the Premier league.

The season is also brutal for players not used to the workload, the games are faced paced, there are a lot of them and not much recovery time.

Your strikers are good, Roberts looks the real deal, Parker still has enough in the tank. Get a proven championship manager who knows the league and there is still time to reach a play off place. Getting Ruiz playing might help too.

Lighthouse

Thanks for that.

We have looked confused and bewildered and then slick and quick. But it is down to a bit simple understanding of the league we are in. Many of us  expected it to be tough but even we were unaware that our manager was capable of such odd decisions.

It has been too long since Fulham put together some decent results. We hope they can now live up to the potential.

Good luck to Forest this season and let's hope promotion is really on this season for you.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Sheepskin Junior

Still think you'll go up as champions. I think sometimes it's difficult as the 'big boys' of the league to live up to it. I have a huge amount of respect for Forest, especially with Pearce at the helm
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

Berserker

Thanks Forestfan much appreciated. It has been a horrible year and a half watching Fulham lose all the time. Really glad Felix had gone, he just seemed pretty clueless, just hope our club board noe gets a sensible/suitable manager in for us
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

dorsetwhite

With the right management Fulham can soar through the "championship". Indeed finish above Forest, who quite honestly, looked very ordinary, relying far too much on route one football. So do not get too optimistic, there are 39 games left, the season is still very young.

RaySmith

Thanks for the feedback Forest Fan -I definitely think the management at Fulham underestimated how tough the Championship would be, and that experience of this division is very important.

ron

Quote from: Sheepskin Junior on September 19, 2014, 11:12:23 AM
Still think you'll go up as champions. I think sometimes it's difficult as the 'big boys' of the league to live up to it.

The way Forest played at 2-3 says much for their character. No panic, but steady pressure which won the day. Good luck to them. The hard work in training and tactics is paying off.

forestfan

Quote from: dorsetwhite on September 19, 2014, 11:19:26 AM
With the right management Fulham can soar through the "championship". Indeed finish above Forest, who quite honestly, looked very ordinary, relying far too much on route one football. So do not get too optimistic, there are 39 games left, the season is still very young.

Trust me, I know not to get optimistic. I have lived through 15 seasons since we were at the top level. All I will say though is that you didn't see the best of us on Wednesday. We are usually a lot stronger at the back but had a left back in central defence. We really missed Reid, Hobbs and Cohen.

When Hobbs is playing centre back we have conceded only 2 goals in 5 games.

After all the false dawns we have seen at Forest, I probably won't believe we're promoted even if it actually happens, never mind after only 7 games. We were in a similar position this time last season. I am hopeful though.

Burt

Thanks for your thoughts forestfan, I for one never expected this to be a walk in the park given the team is unrecognizable from the one that played our last game in the premier league, only 8 games ago.

I wasn't expecting a new team to go head-to-head with the more established teams, like Forest, and win.

I was however to see us get progressively better as the team started to gel but under Felix that wasn't happening either. However, the Felix problem has been fixed so hopefully we will start the long climb up.

Consolidation this season. Optimism next season :)

Good luck for this season - went to Nottingham Uni so have a soft spot for both Forest and County (am I aloud to mention them??), and Clough Sr. is a total legend. Will be good to see Forest back in the top tier.