watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Big Question - Sanchez or Magath?

Started by aaronmcguigan, September 18, 2014, 07:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaronmcguigan

A lot of people on here and wider afield say Lawrie Sanchez is one of our worst managers. Is Magath alongside him in that vein, or does he surpass him?

F(f)CUK

I posted something similar earlier today and I noted with some disbelief that I would prefer Sanchez. Magath has left us in a state that was unimaginable at the time of Sanchez.  We need to find someone who does not just use fear and running, but can actually organise a team out of the shambles that remains.

aaronmcguigan

Sanchez for the faults that were plentiful, still managed to sign Danny Murphy , Chris Baird and Aaron Hughes while being known as the manager who sold Zat Knight!

RaySmith

But Magath oversaw a completely new squad, which gave an unprecedented opportunity to Fulham's young players -after relegation, which you can't blame him for- so he had a very tough task, and we actually, frustratingly, had some very promising performances.

Though maybe even Sanchez might  look better in hindsight -he did keep us up after he was first appointed.

The thing is the manager always takes responsibility, but the most successful managers are usually those  with the most money to spend. Look at Van Gaal - his results were  worse than Moyes at MU, until they spent shedloads of money.

Good luck to Felix anyway-I'm sure he did his best.

Herbie

There is no question. What is Sanchez doing now versus what will Magath be doing in 12 months?

I would pick Magath over Sanchez any day

Me-ate-Live, innit??

There is a small possibility  that if McBride did not get stretchered off  the results may have been better
.........................but then again the Huff 'n Tuff football went way over Steven Davis' head  ................

Magget meant well, he was the wrong man wrong place

IMO ....................................Jol 'wins' hands down

dannyboi-ffc

4 of sanchez's signings started the europa league final! Konch, hughes, baird and murphy!

He was an awful manager but he didnt do half as much damage as magath has. Not that my next point serves much purpose but sanchez also kept us up where as magath didnt all be it in different circumstances.

People on here laughed when I said after wolves that magath was our wprst ever manager. I see very little evidence to argue that now.

Give me jol with rene as head coach, ray wilkins and cornelius jol as our assistants, curbs as director of football and sanchez as the fairy god mother any day of the week over magath.

#the expendables 4......coming soon to a football club near you
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Pluto

Sanchez was far less destructive and actually brought in players who helped create some of our sucess later down the line. Magath is the worst manager weve had this century by far and away.

aaronmcguigan

RaySmith, I accept the fact he gave a lot of opportunities to players, moreso than any other manager, but

a) were the same quantity of players available to Sanchez? There wasnt much in the academy but still went and gave Briggs a debut v Middlesbrough. 

and b) Magath DID give a lot of debuts, but were they all merited/ deserved as I feel a few of them weren't warranted or needed yet.

c) Dont forget that we were not forced to go down the only youth route which spelt our downfall allegedly, there is money there, there are far wiser free transfers such as Kasey Keller and better loans such as Danny Murphy.

There is an issue with the style of football but I guarantee if any manager came in and played boring hoofball and even won one match, we would be thankful..!

Nick Bateman

Magath was the worst for in the end, Sanchez did not actually take us down (thanks Roy).
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

something_amusing

Despite magoo naming terrible teams and making strange signings, we have played some brilliant attractive domimant football under him (okay maybe only for 20 minutes of the 90). Under sanchez it was like watching football in the dark ages. Sanchez edges it for me as the worst manager i have seen in my lifetime

ToodlesMcToot

We're thankfully done with both. It really doesn't matter anymore.

Let's pray Kit is a vast improvement on both.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

fulhamben

personally i think sanchez was a little unlucky, most of his games we were in a winning position and it was the players that lost concerntration and let us down so felix is worse for me
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Baszab

Sanchez= premier league
Magath =  Fulham & District U12s

Herbie

Quote from: Pluto on September 18, 2014, 09:01:10 PM
Sanchez was far less destructive and actually brought in players who helped create some of our sucess later down the line. Magath is the worst manager weve had this century by far and away.

It's not a fair test. I would say that the team was in a worse position when Magath took over. Both Sanchez and Magath did poorly, but Sanchez, in my opinion, rode his luck. What has he done since?

Luffy86

Both as bad as each other in different ways!! One bought in players like Murphy and Hughes, the other promoted youth.
Both squad overhauls failed!!
I'd be surprised if Magath managed to get much work after this failed stint.

Herbie

Quote from: Luffy86 on September 18, 2014, 09:45:08 PM
Both as bad as each other in different ways!! One bought in players like Murphy and Hughes, the other promoted youth.

Again, not a fair test. We can't analyse Magath's signings versus Sanchez's until they've had the at least the same time at the club? 

What if McCormack turns out to be the club's top goalscorer?

SG

Sanchez's teams played the worst football. Magath did far more damage to the club

fulhamben

Quote from: Herbie on September 18, 2014, 09:49:59 PM
Quote from: Luffy86 on September 18, 2014, 09:45:08 PM

Again, not a fair test. We can't analyse Magath's signings versus Sanchez's until they've had the at least the same time at the club? 

What if McCormack turns out to be the club's top goalscorer?
cant see kirlay or fotheringham smashing any records though
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.