News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bring back Brede. Our club captain ASAP!

Started by Michael Baron, September 19, 2014, 09:17:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Baron

Got to stop the rot ASAP.  Far too many goals let in. I don't believe we would have been in such a bad position had we kept him. Was it Felix or the club he fell out with. Either way, the club could build that bridge again.

Snibbo

Time to move on. He was never an inspirational captain, and he's a shadow of the player he used to be.

K33NY

I think we would still be where we are with or without him, he had a very poor season last year, and he alone couldnt have stopped Magath's dillusional crazy "tactics"

This is our time to start over, again, but at least we have a chance now. History is history and lets look forward

grandad

Quote from: Snibbo on September 19, 2014, 09:19:25 AM
Time to move on. He was never an inspirational captain, and he's a shadow of the player he used to be.

:plus one:
Where there's a will there's a wife

TWFL

No thanks, he's a great bloke but is definitely passed it. Have a look at his performances, or lack of, at Palace.

FFC1987

I think we may have forgotten some of his recent performances...he's look at fault for a few Palace goals too.

Michael Baron

I still think he's more than good enough for the Championship. He would get his confidence back, I`m sure. No?

FFC1987

Quote from: Michael Baron on September 19, 2014, 09:32:06 AM
I still think he's more than good enough for the Championship. He would get his confidence back, I`m sure. No?

That's true...but we won't get him now anyway!

grandad

The player we really need back is Steve Sidwell.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Pluto

Would love to see Sidwell and Stockdale back. Their tweets yesterday and this morning show how much they still care for the club. They're Fulham boys really and they know it.

supersimmo123

I dont think being released by email would help and he would probably give us the middle finger. I would move on, we have good options at CB just need some confidence put into these lads.

Michael Baron

I agree with this one. . What an inspiration for the younger players and a great club captain.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Michael Baron on September 19, 2014, 09:40:44 AM
I agree with this one. . What an inspiration for the younger players and a great club captain.

This one ? Do you mean yourself?!

Everyone realises it was definetely time to move on and his performances for Palace have proved it.

SadOldGit

Quote from: Pluto on September 19, 2014, 09:40:02 AM
Would love to see Sidwell and Stockdale back. Their tweets yesterday and this morning show how much they still care for the club. They're Fulham boys really and they know it.
049:gif 0001.jpeg

Tonywa

Brede was a great pro, but not nearly vocal enough for a captain and his better playing days are very firmly behind him judging by his performances in the last couple of seasons. 

cmg

Quote from: Tonywa on September 19, 2014, 09:57:15 AM
Brede was a great pro, but not nearly vocal enough for a captain and his better playing days are very firmly behind him judging by his performances in the last couple of seasons. 

Perfectly put. He was done last year and shows no sign of any recovery this year.

Just because we have got shot of Magath (Brede was playing poorly before anyone had even thought of Felix Magath) doen't mean we have to press the 'Restore Default' button.

If we were to require a new captain then Ross McCormack would be your man.

Andy S

You don't have to be balling somebody out all the time to be a good captain. The fact is though the transfer window is closed. He could only come back as a loan signing and I don't think we need that

terryr

Quote from: cmg on September 19, 2014, 10:09:18 AM
Quote from: Tonywa on September 19, 2014, 09:57:15 AM

Perfectly put. He was done last year and shows no sign of any recovery this year.

Just because we have got shot of Magath (Brede was playing poorly before anyone had even thought of Felix Magath) doen't mean we have to press the 'Restore Default' button.

If we were to require a new captain then Ross McCormack would be your man.
Agree 100%

ron

Quote from: Pluto on September 19, 2014, 09:40:02 AM

Of those two, Stockdale should be the target to return. It was sheer lunacy to get rid of him.

Sheepskin Junior

If we're looking at previous CBs, Senderos has been doing ok for Villa......  :dft011:
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507