watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Unprofessional

Started by Plodder, September 19, 2014, 11:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plodder

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but I just read a Daily Telegraph article about the sacking and I was appalled to read that on Wednesday night the team didn't arrive at the ground until 35 minutes before kick off (extracts below), despite having been advised to leave early because of roadworks on the route. This does happen from time to time unavoidably if there is a traffic accident or something unforeseeable occurs, but in this case, this was because of something already known about (roadworks)and advice had been given. Whether this was entirely Magath's fault does not really matter now. What does matter is that this is something a properly run club should never have allowed to happen and it is indicative of a lack of professionalism at the club currently.

The Telegraph can reveal that one of Magath's final acts was to ignore advice to leave for Wednesday's game against Nottingham Forest early, resulting in Fulham arriving only 35 minutes before kick-off and narrowly avoiding a Football League fine.

Magath was forced to telephone his team in from the coach for club secretary Darren Preston to hand to the referee and Forest officials. Football League rules state that the club captain and person in charge of the team on that day, the manager or assistant manager, are supposed to hand the team-sheet into the referee and opposition at least 60 minutes before kick-off. Fulham just made the deadline over the telephone and the Football League has confirmed it is willing to accept the fact Preston handed in the team-sheet in the absence of Magath and captain Scott Parker.

There is work being undertaken on the roads into the City Ground and Fulham confirmed the team coach got stuck in traffic.

It is believed Magath brushed off suggestions that he and his squad should leave extra time to get to the game on time.

alfie

I have no money, I am going to blame him for that as well.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Max Headroom

Explains why we went 2-0 down then doesn't it.

nose

i have been to nottingham a couple of times recently and confirm the roadworks are a nightmare you have to leave twice as long as you think

SouthWest6

Quote from: nose on September 19, 2014, 12:15:35 PM
i have been to nottingham a couple of times recently and confirm the roadworks are a nightmare you have to leave twice as long as you think

Then you take the team up early/late morning, or the night before and stay in a hotel. It's all about preparation, and if the roadworks have been a nightmare for a while, this should have been studied. I do this all the time before going to an appointment, not just set off and expect to get there on time. Once again, this is down to a lack of organization within the Club.

Plodder

Quote from: alfie on September 19, 2014, 11:50:04 AM

The point of posting this was to highlight the lack of professionalism in the club.  I run a couple of youth and amateur sport teams, and we make damn sure parents and players build in a reasonable safety margin of time for travel to training, and matches, both home and away. Punctuality is a sign of commitment to the cause. Once in a while, someone is unavoidably late which is excusable, but the expectation is that everyone arrives by the time agreed which is usually an hour before kick-off for matches, and 15 minutes before the start of training sessions. I am poor in terms of punctuality in most aspects of my life because I got away with it too much as a youngster, so it's an important lesson.  Professional outfits should never be late when the problems could have been anticipated and a reasonable length of time built in.

Nick Bateman

Glad you supplied this information Plodder.  I have been saying for ages how disorganized Magath appears and ANY manager would be better than him.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Andy S

Sorry but it is the way of the world with smaller clubs. Premier league clubs would have travelled up the day before. Unprofessional..... I don't think so.

Tony.Lee

Quote from: Andy S on September 19, 2014, 01:25:21 PM
Sorry but it is the way of the world with smaller clubs. Premier league clubs would have travelled up the day before. Unprofessional..... I don't think so.

The only difference between the Championship and the Premier league is 3 promotion spots and 4 more teams in the league. Magath was a massive liability, and if we even turned up later the result could of been much worse.
Twitter - @Tony_LeaS

HatterDon

I was sick as a pup yesterday -- also Magath's fault.

I was getting tired of blaming Obama for everything anyhow.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

YankeeJim

I have it on good authority that Khan was secretly advised by Obama to hire Felix. He had pictures of all the available managers and drew a red line around our German.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Plodder on September 19, 2014, 12:31:37 PM

The point of posting this was to highlight the lack of professionalism in the club.  I run a couple of youth and amateur sport teams, and we make damn sure parents and players build in a reasonable safety margin of time for travel to training, and matches, both home and away. Punctuality is a sign of commitment to the cause. Once in a while, someone is unavoidably late which is excusable, but the expectation is that everyone arrives by the time agreed which is usually an hour before kick-off for matches, and 15 minutes before the start of training sessions. I am poor in terms of punctuality in most aspects of my life because I got away with it too much as a youngster, so it's an important lesson.  Professional outfits should never be late when the problems could have been anticipated and a reasonable length of time built in.

Someone should have told Stan Bowles that.
If there was a 3.00 pm kick and a 3.00 pm dog race, he'd be 10 minutes late for kick off  :0)
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

hovewhite

So fulhams selection of the next manager is being handled by mr khan exclusivley,worrying or what.
We better hope kit does enough results wise.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: HatterDon on September 19, 2014, 08:22:12 PM

I was sick as a pup yesterday -- also Magath's fault.

I was getting tired of blaming Obama for everything anyhow.

Jezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz how can you blame Obama ??????  that is akin to jumping on a dead man

I almost bought a pair of Felix Bawmeyyyyyy glasses, real friggin expensive ...................I'm now thinking of writing to him and asking him  for his .................well he won't want them any more   064.gif

jarv

I reckon he did everything he could to deliberately get sacked. Then he could take the pay off and ride into the sunset with enough money for his retirement. Stranger things have happened.