watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ali Mac should be held accountable too

Started by Tom_FFC, September 19, 2014, 01:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom_FFC

Replacing Rene with Magath was a crazy decision, that's clear 7 months down the line now. But when we appointed Magath, the statement Khan released was interesting to say the least:

"Alistair Mackintosh did a wonderful job during the January transfer window to improve our Club. This week, Alistair recommended Felix, with his history of producing results for clubs with similar challenges as ours, as the new manager of Fulham. Alistair's recommendation received my complete approval and Felix has my unequivocal support."

Being described the worst decision ever by some, surely Ali Mac has now proven he is the wrong person to be advising the owner?!

Here's the original article:
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/february/14/magath-appoint

Andy S

It is not wise to rid the club of everybody as Felix found to his cost. Ali mac my have his wings clipped but there is no need ti fire him yet

the nutflush

100% agree.  Ali Mac should be well and truly ashamed of his decisions in the last twelve months. 

fulhamben

no ali mac fan, but hindsight is a wonderful thing. felix had the best cv of any manager we have ever had (to my knowledge) and was probably seen as a coup when he was appointed. felix had zero chance to change any of the playing staff last season which lets be honest was shocking in every position. cant defend this year but last year was down to players and previous managers and under investment compared to what felix done in a dozen games
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

FFC1987

Quote from: fulhamben on September 19, 2014, 01:39:45 PM
no ali mac fan, but hindsight is a wonderful thing. felix had the best cv of any manager we have ever had (to my knowledge) and was probably seen as a coup when he was appointed. felix had zero chance to change any of the playing staff last season which lets be honest was shocking in every position. cant defend this year but last year was down to players and previous managers and under investment compared to what felix done in a dozen games

The problem with 'Hindsight is a wonderful thing' is it's now a fact. Ali Mac should be held accountable for that judgement call. It was a terrible decision and one that's cost us not just economically but the renown we held within the club is damaged. If that was his decision, he should be held fully accountable.

the nutflush

I was absolutely shocked when he was appointed.  I remember going away for the weekend and coming back and logging on to find that Meulensteen had been sacked.  Meulensteen was a gamble but Magath was just flushing your chips down the toilet. Bringing in Meulensteen, Curbishley and Wilkins and then showing them all the door so quickly was an embarrassment and Ali Mac should be held to account.  I recall he was also responsible for buying Mitroglou against Meulensteens wishes.   Im not saying I don't like Mitroglou.  I wanted Felix to play him before letting him go and score for Olympiacos this week.  But spending that sort of money on a clearly unfit player was just insane. 

Tom_FFC

Maybe this is why Khan has said he "will personally and immediately lead a thorough search for the new First Team Manager of the Club".

Badly advised before so will now do it himself.

fulhamben

Quote from: FFC1987 on September 19, 2014, 01:47:39 PM

The problem with 'Hindsight is a wonderful thing' is it's now a fact. Ali Mac should be held accountable for that judgement call. It was a terrible decision and one that's cost us not just economically but the renown we held within the club is damaged. If that was his decision, he should be held fully accountable.
so we should hold khan accountable for his under investment last summer aswell and get him out too? i dont believe anyone would of kept us up from the time felix came in as our players were just crap. what more can you do than appoint somone with the best cv. there are many reasons to sack ali, but the initial appointment of felix isnt one for me.

Tom_FFC

Quote from: fulhamben on September 19, 2014, 01:53:28 PM

so we should hold khan accountable for his under investment last summer aswell and get him out too? i dont believe anyone would of kept us up from the time felix came in as our players were just crap. what more can you do than appoint somone with the best cv. there are many reasons to sack ali, but the initial appointment of felix isnt one for me.

I think if Ali Mac had done his home work on Magath... maybe he wouldn't of been appointed? He's way of working and critics from his previous employers where there to see before he joined us.

supersimmo123

Obviously reference checks dont take place in Football.

To be fair, I think at the time the rot had set it. Berbatov when he left said the club has major issues when Rene was in charge. When Magath came in people said how he was going to shake it up and get at the players and initially we all thought it was what was needed.

Ali Mac took a gamble and it backfired.

He did well with Hodgson and Hughes. Im willing to give him another chance. He talks to the fans and by all accounts is a decent bloke.

fulhamben

Quote from: Tom_FFC on September 19, 2014, 01:56:15 PM

I think if Ali Mac had done his home work on Magath... maybe he wouldn't of been appointed? He's way of working and critics from his previous employers where there to see before he joined us.
but whether he had critics or not, before us he had a very good record.

FFC1987

Quote from: fulhamben on September 19, 2014, 02:01:50 PM

With a huge lapse in his CV and a lack of recommendation references....And yes, I've been highly critical of our transfer activity and the funding but you can't just sack a chairmen as it doesn't work like that and you know that full well. What you can do is reprimand people who damaged the club's position. I don't know the in's and out's of the club but led to believe that Ali Mac has significant powers in player transfers and the hiring and firing of managers. if this is true, his position must be untenable with the recent catastrophes surrounding those decisions.

fulhamben

Quote from: FFC1987 on September 19, 2014, 02:06:33 PM

With a huge lapse in his CV and a lack of recommendation references....And yes, I've been highly critical of our transfer activity and the funding but you can't just sack a chairmen as it doesn't work like that and you know that full well. What you can do is reprimand people who damaged the club's position. I don't know the in's and out's of the club but led to believe that Ali Mac has significant powers in player transfers and the hiring and firing of managers. if this is true, his position must be untenable with the recent catastrophes surrounding those decisions.
well yes i said there are plenty of reasons to sack him, but i stand by the fact that on paper felix was probably our best option to replace rene. and as for lapse in his cv and recommendation references, on the manager poll thread, lots want hoddle with a longer lapse in his cv or houghton who norwich fans couldnt wait to get rid of.

FFC1987

Quote from: fulhamben on September 19, 2014, 02:12:47 PM

well yes i said there are plenty of reasons to sack him, but i stand by the fact that on paper felix was probably our best option to replace rene. and as for lapse in his cv and recommendation references, on the manager poll thread, lots want hoddle with a longer lapse in his cv or houghton who norwich fans couldnt wait to get rid of.

Sorry that means nothing to this debate in regards to Hoddle as it hasn't happened. I'm talking factually about a manager who was a disaster. Rene wasn't in the same position Magath was yesterday having had a full pre season and window to prepare a team. The fact f the matter is, he was a complete disaster and Ali mac should be held accountable if it was his decision.

fulhamben

Quote from: FFC1987 on September 19, 2014, 02:15:30 PM

Sorry that means nothing to this debate in regards to Hoddle as it hasn't happened. I'm talking factually about a manager who was a disaster. Rene wasn't in the same position Magath was yesterday having had a full pre season and window to prepare a team. The fact f the matter is, he was a complete disaster and Ali mac should be held accountable if it was his decision.
ive already said i cant defend this season, but was his continued reign down to ali or shad?

FFC1987

Quote from: fulhamben on September 19, 2014, 02:18:13 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on September 19, 2014, 02:15:30 PM

ive already said i cant defend this season, but was his continued reign down to ali or shad?

A combination without a doubt but ultimately, like in life, whose head will the axe fall on in the pecking order?