watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Felix defends Fulham spell.

Started by Lighthouse, September 22, 2014, 12:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Felix Magath has defended his spell in charge of Fulham and insisted he still has something to offer to English football.

The 61-year-old German was replaced by Kit Symons on Thursday with the Cottagers rooted to the foot of the Sky Bet Championship with just one point from their first seven games.

However Magath, who took over at Craven Cottage in February but could not prevent their relegation from the Premier League, told German news agency DPA: "I don't have a guilty conscience.

"I don't want to sound arrogant, but I am convinced that English football has something to learn from German qualities. Sadly they're not that prepared to listen. I think I still have something to offer English football."

Magath's methods have come under fierce criticism from former players, notably ex-captain Brede Hangeland who was once told by the veteran boss to treat a leg injury by rubbing cheese onto the sore area.

But the former Bayern Munich coach insisted: "I merely suggested it could be worth trying the old wives' tale of applying quark to the injured area. I would never tell a doctor what to do."

Symons' first game in charge of Fulham ended in a 1-0 home defeat by Blackburn. They face League One Doncaster in the Capital One Cup on Tuesday.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Tom_FFC

Way to much negativity surrounding Magath for him to suggest "I still have something to offer English football."

If another team takes him... good luck.

Bedford White

For sure I have lots to offer English football teams, sadly results isn't one of them!

SouthWest6

It was his own arrogance that got him the sack in the first place, it was actually him who didn't want to listen about English football, not the other way around.

Airfix

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 22, 2014, 12:58:09 PM
"I think I still have something to offer English football."

As Richard Osman so eloquently put it on Twitter earlier.... "An apology?"

Nero

I think Fleix should apply for the Cardiff job, Felix and Vince a match made in heaven

RaySmith

I did think the cheese incident was exaggerated -that it was just a suggestion based on some German folk remedy, rather than ordering Brede to ignore the physio's advice.

I did think Felix was close to turning things round, with the first half against Cardiff, and the performance at Forest. I just hope it's not like when we sacked Rene -after he seemed we might be close to turning it round after two good performances - though only yielding one point.

Anyway, results were terrible, and Felix had to go -and now we have what seems a perfect fit as manager in Kit -and I'm sure he'll soon have us moving up the table.

alfie

I am sure in all honesty that if he was not so arrogant and dictatorial (if all is true that is printed) then I would think he would have a lot to offer, it is a shame he felt he did not need to listen to others.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

FFC1987

Andy S

I think that Magath is the last person on earth I would ask if I needed to know if he was a good manager or not. Maybe he should relax for a while with a piece of cheese on his head. Or is it already there?

Fulham1959

Quote from: Airfix on September 22, 2014, 01:17:27 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on September 22, 2014, 12:58:09 PM
"I think I still have something to offer English football."

As Richard Osman so eloquently put it on Twitter earlier.... "An apology?"

0001.jpeg

ron

Quote from: Andy S on September 22, 2014, 04:05:15 PM
I think that Magath is the last person on earth I would ask if I needed to know if he was a good manager or not. Maybe he should relax for a while with a piece of cheese on his head. Or is it already there?

Cheese head?   Isn't that the derogatory term used by Germans for Dutch folk?

Pluto

The guy is a lunatic which is why he was so widely despised by the players. The powers that be were mental to let him anywhere near our club. I'll be delighted to never have to hear his name again.

Holders

Quote from: ron on September 22, 2014, 06:33:47 PM
Quote from: Andy S on September 22, 2014, 04:05:15 PM

Cheese head?   Isn't that the derogatory term used by Germans for Dutch folk?

They reckon that the NL on Dutch cars stands for "nuer langsam" (only slowly).

Non sumus statione ferriviaria