FST meeting today

Started by Jonnoj, September 25, 2014, 09:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on September 26, 2014, 12:19:51 PM
Quote from: Burt on September 26, 2014, 12:08:16 PM
Interesting stuff...

MJG, it would be useful to understand:
1. What the purpose of the FST is. Role, remit, mission, aims, etc. etc.
2. Who is on the main committee?
3. How often do you meet as a committee?
4. Formal links with the club (if any)?
5. How you encourage participation from the grass roots.

Many thanks.

In a roundabout way those questions are basically what I asked and I was just told about how I wasnt there in the old days and how others have put more effort and time into fulham than myself. 

Maybe I should be more formal in future lol
just be clear that I responded to your questions and I was not the one who told you about old days etc.

Burt

Quote from: MJG on September 26, 2014, 12:31:32 PM
Interesting stuff...

Many thanks.
Burt great questions and all of them reasons why I stood to be on the committee.
We had our first meeting as a committee since I was elected at the start of September.
We met the club yesterday and will be having regular monthly meetings with the club from now on. This is a great step forward from the rather random meetings that went before.
Our remit is a changing one,  it started as getting Fulham back to the cottage and has become more supporter related in being members of various national organisations while also keeping in touch with club and trying to raise any concerns fans had.
We will be looking for input from ALL fans on the type of organisation Fulham fans want representing them and what's important to you guys,  and how we can help in anyway.
I'm still new so of the info you ask..meetings etc.. I'm not sure if it's a set number to have or on an as and when basi. But we are always in touch and have had informal meetings before games.
I know this all sounds a bit vague and I'm sorry about that,  but all I can ask is a little patience in what we are doing and I'm sure come the new year we will be able to push on as an organisation and as Fulham fans together.

Thanks Mike.

It will be interesting to see how this all evolves.

Feel free to continue with posting the updates, and if you need any views or inputs prior to any FST meeting then I am sure you will find a lot of people on here willing to give their opinion  :dft011:

Burt

Interesting stuff...

Many thanks.

In a roundabout way those questions are basically what I asked and I was just told about how I wasnt there in the old days and how others have put more effort and time into fulham than myself. 

Sorry Danny on long threads I am occasionally guilty of jumping to the end rather than starting from the beginning  :dft011:

Essentially this feels like a good thing - any channel of communication between the club and its supporters is key, and if this can be done through the likes of the FST then all well and good. Not sure why there would be argument about that sort of thing. Looks like I need to go to pages 1 and 2 to find out  :airfix:

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: MJG on September 26, 2014, 12:33:51 PM
Interesting stuff...

Many thanks.

just be clear that I responded to your questions and I was not the one who told you about old days etc.

I appreciate that you answered the questions and im actually impressed at how informative/helpful you're being. My points could've been interpreted as abrupt but you didnt bite so thanks.

Maybe I shouldve pointed out it wasnt you that got a bit funny but to clarify I appreciate your responses.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Burt on September 26, 2014, 01:00:48 PM
Interesting stuff...

Many thanks.

Sorry Danny on long threads I am occasionally guilty of jumping to the end rather than starting from the beginning  :dft011:

Essentially this feels like a good thing - any channel of communication between the club and its supporters is key, and if this can be done through the likes of the FST then all well and good. Not sure why there would be argument about that sort of thing. Looks like I need to go to pages 1 and 2 to find out  :airfix:

No need to apoligise, your questions were better anyway. I didnt really ask direct questions as such but my intent was there.

My only query was having to pay to be a member when were all supporters. I agree its a good thing to have a group working so closely with the club.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

blingo

I wouldn't want to be a member of any club that would accept me as a member.

LBNo11

...Burt beat me to it with his list of questions. I know several members of the FST, both current and former, I have been asked to join to apparently add influence, not sure how or why, but the questions mentioned by Burt I have asked time and time again, directly to members and via the almost dormant facebook page, and I have always received vague, non-commital answers, and when repeated to one prominent member I got the politicians reply that you have already stated your position and have made it perfectly clear - but you hadn't and that was the reason for asking again!

The BTTC, of which I was a member, was a worthwhile organisation with a clearly defined purpose and goal and helping funding this goal was a natural response.

One of the only responses to what the FST did was that you had a signed Johnny Haynes shirt that the FST donated to the club now hangs in the Haynes place cafe. Very laudable but not sure how that represents the fans.

Re the charges, I have said this all along, I don't mind becoming a member but object to pay £10 a year without knowing how that money is being used, and for what end game.

This is not a dig at you MJG as I know you are trying to get such matters raised and discussed, and I know how hard it is to organise and put together a group of people for whatever purpose.

At the end of the day are you now trying to be the supporters voice like a supporters club, along with your other (?) raison d'etre..?
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

MJG

Quick answer is we are looking at all things trust related.
I have my own ideas as does everyone. But we are looking at things and even today I have been working on the subject of the future... In between watching the golf...to discuss things as a committee.

FulhamStu

Boy, I would like to ask Mr Mackintosh a few questions.   I really hope you were not all very PC.  Fulham Football Club has been a car crash for 3 years now.   Khan has seemed totally out of touch.  Senior Management have made cock up after cock up.  I would be VERY interested to hear how they can justify themselves.  Fulham fans are so nice, I bloody hope it was not a cup of tea and pats on the back and some really searching quesitons asked.  Mackintosh has a lot to answer for.   Would be delighted to give you some questions for him, if you did not ask during this meeting..  Q1.  Mr Mackintosh, what do you do as our CEO and how do you rate your performace last year !!!!

LBNo11

...trust is a two way thing...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

FulhamStu

Quote from: FulhamStu on September 26, 2014, 02:04:52 PM
Boy, I would like to ask Mr Mackintosh a few questions.   I really hope you were not all very PC.  Fulham Football Club has been a car crash for 3 years now.   Khan has seemed totally out of touch.  Senior Management have made cock up after cock up.  I would be VERY interested to hear how they can justify themselves.  Fulham fans are so nice, I bloody hope it was not a cup of tea and pats on the back and some really searching quesitons asked.  Mackintosh has a lot to answer for.   Would be delighted to give you some questions for him, if you did not ask during this meeting..  Q1.  Mr Mackintosh, what do you do as our CEO and how do you rate your performace last year !!!!
Assuming the anwer to Q1 was correct, I would then ask   Q2.  How are you going to fix it because it seems to be getting worse not better.

MJG

TonyGilroy

Those type of questions would guarantee that there'd be no more meetings.

If FST wants to be taken seriously as a supporters organisation that supporters would want to be part of they should be reporting back on this meeting to ALL of us as a matter of urgency.

MJG

Tony you are right about the first part of your answer.
With regards second part please remember that
1)we had meeting only yesterday and the report of it is still being written
2)we have responsibility to our paid members firstly to give them the report of meeting

3) I'm fully aware of the requirements to report back quickly, as already stated I work within the membership industry and know how important that I'd and we will get better at this and certainly my aim is the FST is for All Fulham fans.

4) all going well we should have something up on the site later for public consumption.

FFC1987

Quote from: LBNo11 on September 26, 2014, 01:56:25 PM
...Burt beat me to it with his list of questions. I know several members of the FST, both current and former, I have been asked to join to apparently add influence, not sure how or why, but the questions mentioned by Burt I have asked time and time again, directly to members and via the almost dormant facebook page, and I have always received vague, non-commital answers, and when repeated to one prominent member I got the politicians reply that you have already stated your position and have made it perfectly clear - but you hadn't and that was the reason for asking again!

The BTTC, of which I was a member, was a worthwhile organisation with a clearly defined purpose and goal and helping funding this goal was a natural response.

One of the only responses to what the FST did was that you had a signed Johnny Haynes shirt that the FST donated to the club now hangs in the Haynes place cafe. Very laudable but not sure how that represents the fans.

Re the charges, I have said this all along, I don't mind becoming a member but object to pay £10 a year without knowing how that money is being used, and for what end game.

This is not a dig at you MJG as I know you are trying to get such matters raised and discussed, and I know how hard it is to organise and put together a group of people for whatever purpose.

At the end of the day are you now trying to be the supporters voice like a supporters club, along with your other (?) raison d'etre..?

The one thing I still haven't seen, what does the £10.00 go towards? I'm in the same boat and I'm not entirely sure how the fee is justified. This isn't be having a go or a dig, but asking for the justification for the fee.

MJG

Quote from: FFC1987 on September 26, 2014, 02:32:26 PM

The one thing I still haven't seen, what does the £10.00 go towards? I'm in the same boat and I'm not entirely sure how the fee is justified. This isn't be having a go or a dig, but asking for the justification for the fee.
I did cover this earlier and like any organisation we require funds to actually run, as well as have money in case we need to use that for any reason in relation to fan or club related activities.
The finances are presented at an AGM to members like any organisation.

FFC1987

Quote from: MJG on September 26, 2014, 02:38:23 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on September 26, 2014, 02:32:26 PM

I did cover this earlier and like any organisation we require funds to actually run, as well as have money in case we need to use that for any reason in relation to fan or club related activities.
The finances are presented at an AGM to members like any organisation.

Ah ok, cheers, didn't see it posted before! Still not really sure as the AGM runs for members and im not, so im naturally none the wiser.

Apprentice to the Maestro

You are clearly angry with Mr Mackintosh and say "Mackintosh has a lot to answer for" yet in your Q1 you want to ask "Mr Mackintosh, what do you do as our CEO . . .".

Yet another person who is quite happy to rail at Mackintosh when, like the rest of us, you have no idea what if any part of the "car crash" he might be responsible for.

premFlem

I'm sure if the trust hadn't been so secretly formed an fof member would have designed a website free of charge.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

MJG

Quote from: premFlem on September 26, 2014, 03:21:06 PM
I'm sure if the trust hadn't been so secretly formed an fof member would have designed a website free of charge.
well it was not secretly formed and came from the BTTC organisation.
Out of interest does anyone think this website runs for free?