News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What would be a Realistic Plan for the Rest of the Season?

Started by ..FOF.., September 27, 2014, 02:33:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rock

Survival. If we should really get on a roll then re-asses after New Year's and see if we add those few players to get promoted, but for now, survival and taking each game as it comes.

ron

Quote from: ron on September 27, 2014, 10:05:53 AM
Seems simplistic, but surely the only plan should be "Start Winning", followed by "Keep Winning".

All these carefully considered waypoints are over-elaborating that one simple truth.

Going on the way we are means certain relegation.

Hmmm, there's the first leg of the double up.........I think the second leg is going to take a bit more sweating over, but COYW!  049:gif

ToodlesMcToot

I believe a realistic goal would be to shoot for lower mid-table by the transfer window. "Planning"/hoping for something beyond that is foolish. If Fulham approach January with the same "balance the books" approach above all else, including building a balanced roster (some wing play please Mr. WhoeverItIsMakingTransferDecisions), then thinking we'll be anything but a lower tier Championship club is just misplaced optimism.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

The Enclosurite

Priority is definitely to stay in the division but I do believe that our ambitions should be set a lot higher than that.  We can not just plan for another great escape and be content with it.  We need to believe we can can finish at least top ten and maybe even push for the play offs or we will continue with the air of negativity and the downward spiral that has surrounded the club for the past two seasons.
¡COYW!

aaronmcguigan

1. FInd a mixture of 11 individuals capable of putting in consistent decent performances. Parker seems to be decent one week, poor the next.

2. If we are going to persist with the Colombian and the Costa Rican, we need them again to play consistently and for the team. We cant carry luxuries in this league, they are playin against weaker opposition  and yet one still has  a dreadful first touch, and the other has too much of a showboat about him. Just do the basics, pass and move, strike, and score. We dont need fluffy passes and subbed after an hour. I want someone who can change a game, but also someone who can get stuck in and play his part when things arent going well.

3. Somehow stop time so Kit can get his message across to the team. Kits interviews and general passion for the job, the team and the club has been fantastic, and if i was part of the team, I would run through brick walls for him, just because of his passion. This is nowhere to be seen on the pitch, and it needs to be led by Burn and Parker, and whoever else he hands the captaincy to. If we played with a shred of his passion and belief we would have trounced them today. Makes you wonder if he is the right man for the job if the players cant get a 90 minute performance for him. Other candidates can just talk the talk to get the job, Kit needs the players to produce to have a chance of the big job.

4. Be able to combine a good first half with a good second half.

5. go from there, but sort the basics

Optional extras include pushing the youth harder to develop. Some are there ahead of time but some arent spring chickens and seem to make the same mistakes all the time or play the same way. Fair enough maybe a loan will sort them out or some tough love needed

..FOF..

Glad to hear that people still want to set the standard high. Yeah, just aiming for a survival is a risky goal. The mentality would horrendous.

We are now about 9-10 points away from mid-table.

3 to 4 games difference.

I believe there is a good chance we can hover in the middle by Christmas. Especially if we can maintain the same fight eversince Kit took over.

Our squad is quite big. Fans keep complaining why certain deserving players are not on the field.

Well, that just goes to show at least we have depth to last the torturous schedule ahead :)

Deanothefulhamfan

Everyone wants to set the standard high FOF, nobody is content with just surviving, but currently that is our main goal, as we have had such a bad start, and are already cut adrift a little.

That being said we need to take the win yesterday, and march on with confidence and determination... If we can produce a nice run of form before christmas we could be 14-15th, and if we are in this position by christmas people could still hope for a late run into the play offs. Christmas is definitely a point to re evaluate, but at present still we are relegation candidates, so thinking for anything else is optimistic imo.

..FOF..

I'm just going about what I know regarding goal setting.

If Fulham set a goal of just surviving, then the chance of relegation is higher.

If they set it higher, for example for the playoff, then if we fall short we are still in the Championship.

I believe that is how goal setting is done in the general management level.

Although, I might be unaware of any unorthodox method :)

Deanothefulhamfan

I think that is the goal of the fans. The football club as a business model is to be promoted, although that would seem an unrealistic target after our poor start, but that was the goal at the start of the season.

I think Kit or whoever comes in will be given the task of pick up as many points as possible, improve morale and performance, that's all we can hope for as fans. What that will mean at the end of the season is anyone's guess. Hopefully by Christmas we are in a position to talk about the playoffs, but I think we need to be realistic in the meantime.

I understand what you are saying in terms of goal setting, but sometimes there is a very fine line between optimism and realism, and I answered your post as a realistic plan. If you asked me for an optimistic plan I would say we are too good to be relegation candidates, but the table does not lie unfortunately.

I will hop aboard the optimistic bus you are driving if we win our next two games  082.gif

..FOF..

Haha, Kit are you listening?

The next 2 games are crucial to shape the team until mid-season... COYW!

..FOF..

12th or better by New Year could be a reality.

Now, anyone have any doubt we have a good chance of getting Top 6 at the end of the season? :)

I have to agree all will depends on who goes in and out during the next transfer window.

A new test for Kit.

MJG

Far too hard to reach top six,  I'll keep saying it,  but to reach 68(lowest ever for 6th) and the average (73) requires us to improve form wise and be the best team for last 25 games.
Kit's results have us about sixth in form,  so expect to be about 6-10 pts short

alfie

the only plan should be the age old saying of "take each game as it comes" win that then win the next and the next.....
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Deanothefulhamfan

No chance for the playoffs. I would be happy with a top half finish.....

MasterHaynes

I am hopefully not asking for unrealistic goals, I only have 3 targets for Kit ;  
Deliver play that is a pleasure to watch at the cottage,
Impose ourselves on teams when visiting the cottage more regularly  
Keep clear of relegation scrap. This will allow the younger players to gain experience, express themselves and build confidence without undue pressure. 049:gif
Anything else would be a bonus

FulhamStu

This season should now be all about building a team for next season to get promotion.   We should keep pushing to stay clear of a relegation battle, identify the players to take us forward and develop them as first team regulars, bring in where we are weak and get rid this Jan of players like Ruiz who are not the future.

FPT

I think our aim is just game by game and building a bit of momentum. Our ultimate aim is the play-offs spot, and if we can get there, especially after our start, it will be seen as a successful season; we will then have the Summer to fully make this squad Kit's and he can ejaculate and stamp his personality onto the squad.

..FOF..

ok, so the general sentiment is that we won't make it for the playoff.

If that is the case too with the management of Fulham FC, then I hope they strengthen the backroom staff and put some reliable scout out there for the next season.

No point spending too much on players this coming transfer window if Kit knows we hardly have a chance at playoff.

I guess we could see Kit intent after the transfer window closes. If it is more toward squad, rather than staff, I guess he is gunning for the playoff :D

J.Perkins

All depends on January. Lowest I'll think we'll finish is 15th, highest 6th.

nose

Quote from: ..FOF.. on December 17, 2014, 11:24:51 AM
ok, so the general sentiment is that we won't make it for the playoff.

If that is the case too with the management of Fulham FC, then I hope they strengthen the backroom staff and put some reliable scout out there for the next season.

No point spending too much on players this coming transfer window if Kit knows we hardly have a chance at playoff.

I guess we could see Kit intent after the transfer window closes. If it is more toward squad, rather than staff, I guess he is gunning for the playoff :D

I think it unlikely we will make the playoffs but by no means impossible
I also think it very unlikely we will be in league one next season but it is certainly not iout of the question.
I agree that improving the so called backroom would be my priority and only if the right players came along, and jan is notorious for duff signings, get them. I would hope to see a more radical approach to the squad in summer.

I think we are going in the direction and I do not think Kit sounds the sort to just go out and purchase for the sake of it.