more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Video of Hugo's goal?

Started by ffcbulgaria, September 27, 2014, 10:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffcbulgaria

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

ffcbulgaria

Black, White and Fred

'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

RaySmith

Thanks for the link.

I'm a real Hugo fan after yesterday- the way he battled and ran for everything.

His goal was a great reward and typical of his never say die spirit.

I was lucky enough to be right down the front to see it (you can see me at front left of the video still, wearing a black and white cap, black jacket and blue jeans and raising my arms)- what a brilliant moment when it went in, especially after how things felt at half time - everyone went mad.

Fulham1959

I think the goal should have been disallowed on the basis that it was impossible to score from that angle !

:005:

cmg

On the Club site now:

http://www.fulhamfc.com/first-team/2014_2015/league/away/birmingham-city/video

An incredible piece of skill and athleticism.

Hugo can be rather frustrating. Fantastic stuff like that, then, a little later opts to pass in a one-on-one with the keeper. Perhaps shows a little lack of confidence. McCormack should have scored from the pass, though.

Deanothefulhamfan

Hugo is a very strange player, I love his workrate, determination and passion he shows, but he frustrates me a lot with his poor first touch and terrible finishing.

Yesterdays finish was top draw, no question's about that, but his miss in the one on one sums him up.... I would like to see him get a run of games though, and see if his confidence grows.

Worked hard yesterday and deserved his goal

Lighthouse

I keep on hearing about his poor touch and missing chances. But Rodders is still the only player to actually get into positions to miss and his poor touch is reflected in many players.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Pluto

I agree with lighthouse. He has a poor touch but he's fantastic at getting into goal scoring positions, and while he does that he'll be a big threat in this league. Don't think he's a bad finisher - just lacking a little confidence at the moment which is understandable.

Berserker

I like his passion for the game and Fulham
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Jamie88

Hugo always strikes me as a man who thrives on confidence. He has never really been a goal scorer in the Premier League but I kind of feel like if he has a good strong run in the side at this level and gets a few goals under his belt then he could get stronger and stronger

Only Me

looking at those highlights, we were very lucky not to be 3 or 4 down before we scored our first

Black and White Town

That was awesome.

Credit where it's due though, that Birmingham goal was a cracker.

Coming back from 1 down was fantastic to see. How many matches over the last year have we conceded a goal, and you've just seen the players kind of slump and give up? Not this time.

One scrappy goal, and one ridiculous "how did he do that?" goal. Nice.

westcliff white

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 28, 2014, 02:01:04 PM
I keep on hearing about his poor touch and missing chances. But Rodders is still the only player to actually get into positions to miss and his poor touch is reflected in many players.
true his first touch is poor, true he does get into positions to score, also true is that his shooting is poor too thus the lack of goals, which is my frustration with him. If McCormack played through the middle I do think he would get in those positions too and more likely to score, hypothetical though as Ross isn't being played there.
Every day is a Fulham day

b+w geezer

Quote from: westcliff white on September 29, 2014, 01:38:18 PM
thus the lack of goals
So far in the league he has had 3 full matches plus 9 minutes and scored twice. It's not the prem. He scored twice in an hour (before going off injured) last year in the cup at Leicester and also scored to keep us in cup-ties at Burton and Sheffield. Larger sample needed to be meaningful, but there are signs that beneath the top division there will be goals from Hugo as well no doubt as misses.

westcliff white

Quote from: b+w geezer on September 29, 2014, 05:28:15 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on September 29, 2014, 01:38:18 PM
thus the lack of goals
So far in the league he has had 3 full matches plus 9 minutes and scored twice. It's not the prem. He scored twice in an hour (before going off injured) last year in the cup at Leicester and also scored to keep us in cup-ties at Burton and Sheffield. Larger sample needed to be meaningful, but there are signs that beneath the top division there will be goals from Hugo as well no doubt as misses.
i said that at the end of last season that he could do a job, but he has to improve the touch or the shots wont hit the target. he really does need to step that up, i do not think he will ever be a prem striker
Every day is a Fulham day