more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff (29/09/14)...

Started by WhiteJC, September 28, 2014, 06:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Hugo: This Is The Start

Whites striker Hugo Rodallega is savouring the winning feeling and he is determined to help the Team make it an even more familiar feeling in the future.

The Colombian front-man lashed in the decisive goal at St Andrews after Tim Hoogland had cancelled out David Cotterrill's first-half opener for Birmingham City.
With the dressing room buzzing after the second win of Kit Symons' reign as Caretaker Manager, following the Capital One Cup victory over Doncaster in midweek, Rodallega believes the mood in the camp can only be helpful to maintaining good form.

"It was very important. Our first three points is very important for the group," said Rodallega.

"Everyone is thinking positively now and this is the start for us. The first win of the season is very important for our confidence and everyone is happy after the game.

"The feeling is perfect inside of the group and that's what we need.

"That's what we need, to keep this feeling, and we'll take this feeling into the next game."

Rodallega played a huge part in Fulham's equaliser at St Andrews, collecting a throw from goalkeeper Marcus Bettinelli and racing the length of the pitch to win the corner which Hoogland eventually levelled the scores from.

Then, with the match at poised at 1-1, the Colombian raced into a 50-50 tackle with goalkeeper Darren Randolph, latching on to the loose ball and firing past the Blues keeper from the tightest of angles.

Rodallega has now scored Fulham's last three winning goals in league matches, netting the decider on the Whites' previous trip to Birmingham against Aston Villa in April, before scoring the only goal to down Norwich at Craven Cottage in the Club's final victory of the 2013/14 season.

And, after missing a couple of good chances earlier in the game, the 29-year-old was unwavering in his pursuit to make amends, which he did by scoring the 71st-minute winner.

"I'm so happy to get the winning goal, it's very important for me to keep scoring. I am a striker and I need to score goals," added Rodallega.

"I'm always fighting to score and this goal was a very important one. There were some other chances when the goal didn't happen, it's not great but it happens in football.

"It's important to keep going and eventually the goal came my way. I'm very happy for myself, for the group, for my family and for the fans."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/september/28/hugo-this-is-the-start?

WhiteJC

Bettinelli keeps Birmingham at bay
by DAN on SEPTEMBER 28, 2014

Hugo Rodallega's expertly taken finish might have grabbed all the headlines this morning, but Fulham owe a debt of gratitude to the brilliance of their goalkeeper Marcus Bettinelli for keeping them in the contest at Birmingham yesterday. Whilst their second half recovery, which featured two goals in eight second half minutes knocked the stuffing out of the home side, the fact that the Blues had merely a slender advantage was down a string of fine saves from the youngster who must now have firmly established himself as Fulham's number one.

Bettinelli's meteoric rise to first-team football in the Championship might well have been a surprise to many, but Fulham have always had high hopes for their vocal goalkeeper who has been with the club since he was fourteen. He was a star of the 2010 Under-18 side that reached the FA Youth Cup quarter finals – which was the first time this correspondent considered his credentials as a potential number one - but injuries prevented him from kicking on after winning the battle for a professional contract with Wes Fotheringham. A year-long absence from regular football might have adversely affected weaker characters, but it only served to spur on Bettinelli, who was outstanding during loan spells at both Dartford and Accrington Stanley, where he was named Young Player of the Year last season after having a defining impact on their successful fight against the drop.

The 22 year-old's excellent agility and existing league record made Felix Magath's choice of Jesse Joronen as the first-team goalkeeper after the departure of David Stockdale something of eyebrow raiser. But far from be deflated, Bettinelli continued his diligent work down at Motspur Park, determined to make the most of his chance should it materialise. And how he did. An excellent display in the Capital One Cup win at Brentford highlighted both his potential and his maturity, delivering a first clean sheet of the season. One save in particular, narrowing the angle before turning aside a drive from Jota in the first half, proved crucial.

Magath harshly consigned Bettinelli to the substitutes bench despite a creditable display in the draw against Cardiff, accommodating new arrival Gabor Kiraly, but the German's coach departure left Kit Symons – a long-term admirer of Bettinelli's – in charge of first-team affairs. His return to the number one spot came against Blackburn, where he was only beaten by a clinical Jordan Rhodes strike, and his penalty save against Doncaster Rovers on Tuesday was pivotal, as Fulham were just beginning to show signs of collapsing short of the winning line.

For a team not used to grinding out results, having confidence in the goalkeeper is absolutely essential. When the visitors were well and truly under the cosh at St. Andrew's yesterday, Bettinelli stood tall. Lee Clark's side should certainly have been well clear by half-time – and the fact that they weren't owed much to a super save from the rampaging Jonathan Grounds before the half-time whistle. There was even better to come after the break as Brek Shea burst through on goal. The American's fierce drive seemed destined for the top corner before the diving Bettinelli intervened to turn it over the bar. On such moments do matches then.

Encouragingly, there's far more to Bettinelli's game than reaction stops. His leadership qualities are impressive in one so young as is his ability to organise a defence that still looks alarmingly shaky at times. Bettinelli's distribution can also aid a swift counter-attack as we first witnessed that night at Griffin Park and, an almost nonchalant throw-out, found an unmarked team-mate towards the half way line in the second half yesterday. It's been a long wait – but Bettinelli's patience and persistence has certainly paid off.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2014/09/bettinelli-keeps-birmingham-at-bay/?

WhiteJC

Fulham Off the Ground

Birmingham City slumped to their fourth defeat of the season after turning in another 'Jekyll and Hyde` performance losing 2-1 at home to Fulham. Second half goals from Tim Hoogland and Hugo Rodallega gave The Cottagers their first three points of the season after David Cotterill opened the scoring for Blues.

Off the back of last Saturdays draw away at Norwich, Clarks only change was to bring winger Mark Duffy into the side in place of Paul Caddis. The game started in a scruffy and turgid fashion with both teams getting to grips with the pace of the game and a lack of confidence and quality could be seen in both teams. Birmingham`s first proper scoring opportunity came in the 27th minute when David Cotterill ,who was a real thorn in Fulham`s side in the first half sent in a lovely cross that should have been finished by Clayton Donaldson in the area . The same happened in the 33rd minute when a ball from the Welsh international was put wide of the post by David Edgar.

Birmingham made the deserved breakthrough in the 38th minute through a stunning goal from the aforementioned winger Cotterill. A marauding run from Demerai Gray sent the ball to Callum Reilly who quickly spread the ball across to the left flank finding the feet of the Welsh man who after one touch sent the ball into the right hand corner of the goal past Fulham keeper Bettinelli; Sending The Blues into half-time one goal to the good.

The second half started with Blues on top again and half-time substitute Brek Shea was unlucky not to add to the score after his powerful strike was pushed over the bar for a corner. However as the St. Andrews faithful have begun to realise this year, a one goal lead is never enough and in the 63rd minute Fulham grabbed their equaliser. The visitor`s corner was unsuccessfully cleared by Blues defence and the ball somehow fell to Fulham defender Tim Hoogland who managed to put the ball into the bottom left hand corner of the net past Darren Randolph`s flailing dive.

Fulham who in the first hour of the game had hardly entered Blues half were given great confidence by their equaliser and ten minutes later scored the goal that sent them on course to their first win of the season courtesy of Hugo Rodallega. A calamitous mix up between Jonathan Spector and keeper Randolph turned the ball into the path of Rodallega who took the ball to the left of the goal and fired in from a tight angle to the dismay of the Blues crowd. Fulham nearly scored again in the final minutes of the game but Randolph saved smartly and the game ended 2-1 in Fulham`s favour to the boos and jeers of St. Andrews. The loss sent Blues down another place to 21st in the table piling more pressure on Lee Clark and the Blues team.

Full-Time Birmingham 1-2 Fulham

Birmingham now go into Tuesdays away game against Millwall knowing that the teams below are circling and as we learnt from last year when you enter the bottom three it is very hard to get out of it.

Birmingham City: Randolph Grounds Edgar Spector (Caddis - 94' ) Robinson Duffy (Shea - 45' ) Davis Cotterill Gray (Thomas - 72' ) Reilly Donaldson
Unused Substitutes: Gleeson Hall Johnstone Doyle

Fulham:
Bettinelli Amorebieta Burn Bodurov Hoogland Christensen Parker Hyndman (Stafylidis - 45' ) Ruiz (Woodrow - 66' ) McCormack Rodallega
Unused Substitutes:
Kiraly Smith Roberts Williams Kavanagh

Read more: http://www.birmingham.vitalfootball.co.uk/matchrep.asp?a=371914#ixzz3EdHiXH8W

WhiteJC

Birmingham boss '100%' certain who should be next Fulham manager

Clark is four-square behind his old team-mate

Ex-White: Brum boss Lee Clark
Lee Clark has warned Fulham they don't need an 'outsider' for their next manager.

If it was down to the former Whites hero, Kit Symons' name would already be nailed on the boss's door  especially after Fulham claimed a 2-1 win over Clark's Birmingham and a first league victory of the season.

The Brum coach was Symons' team-mate when Fulham romped to the Championship 13 years ago, but insisted he wasn't looking through rose-tinted specs when he judging the changes at Craven Cottage in the last week.

This way: Symons directs operations.
The question about Symons' future was only half uttered when Clark weighed in.

"Give him the job," he insisted. "Give him the job. Kit knows the club inside out. I noticed the difference from when Fulham played Wolves earlier in the season and last Wednesday against Doncaster.

"He looks like he's got the players playing for him. The seniors have embraced him, and Fulham don't need an outsider.

"I back him 100 per cent.

"The last 10 months for me have been sad watching them.

"But I thought they were in a false position because they've got terrific youngsters and top experienced players like Parker, Rodallega and Ruiz.

"Kit will get them up the table. Whether there's enough time to get a top six place, I'm not sure, but he's going to get results."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-boss-100-certain-who-7845780?

WhiteJC

Hinds helps Arsenal U18s stage impressive comeback against Fulham

U18 Premier League- Game 6

Fulham 2 (Humphrys (25), Walker (40) Arsenal 3 (Mavididi (52), Hinds (56, 72)

Kaylen Hinds came off the bench to help Arsenal U18s complete an impressive comeback away to Fulham yesterday.

Frans De Kat's side found themselves two goals down at the break following strikes from Stephen Humphrys and Josh Walker, but Stephy Mavididi's 10th goal of the season brought Arsenal back into the game.

Hinds then worked his magic, with the attacker, who made his debut for the U21s last week, scoring twice to secure victory for Arsenal.

De Kat was still without the new foreign signings, whilst further changes saw Elliot Wright, Chris Willock and Joshua Da Silva return to the side in place of George Dobson, Ben Sheaf and Tyrell Robinson.

Huddart

Centeno-T. Bola-Wright-M. Bola

Donovan-Smith

Eyoma-Willock-Da Silva

Mavididi

subs: Phillips, Hinds, Johnson, Sheaf.

http://arsenalyouth.wordpress.com/2014/09/28/hinds-helps-arsenal-u18s-stage-impressive-comeback-against-fulham/?

WhiteJC

Heaven Knows I`m Miserable Now!

I`m not a lover of the official programme scene!

To me they`re like propaganda pamphlets and barely dare to criticise when things are going wrong.

But I am grateful when something quite humorous is pointed out to me as has been the case recently.

It seems that our new arrival, Kay Voser, might not be that aware of the music scene and its history in this country of ours.

When asked the question - "What do you think of Morrisey`s new album?" His reply was, "Who`s Morrissey?"

Magic!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=371932#ixzz3EdIrmbpB

WhiteJC

Kit Moves Nearer to Permanent Job

A win, our first in the Championship, could have positive ramifications.

A win, our first in the Championship, coming back from 1-0 down to win 2-1 up at St Andrews, can`t have done Kit Symons` chances any harm of landing the vacant managerial position at Craven Cottage.

Symon`s, who made 102 games for Fulham between 1998 and 2001, has now presided over 2 wins and a loss in his three games in charge, something Felix Magath could have only dreamed of doing.

Talking about the possibility of taking on the managerial role on a permanent basis, Symons had this to say,

"The owner is going to take his time and do due diligence and find the right person."

"I want the right person to be in charge of Fulham and I think that right person is me."

Talking about how things appear to be changing, fortune-wise, Kit added,

"It looks like we are getting a few slices of luck now."

"We saved a penalty against Doncaster to go through in the Cup and Marcus Bettinelli did well to get a hand to the ball when Brek Shea was clean through."

And on the result yesterday, Kit further commented,

"That is a victory I will remember for some time."

Me neither, it was quiet a day!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=371933#ixzz3EdJ85v2i

WhiteJC

Birmingham 1-2 Fulham

Fulham finally ended their miserable start to the season with a 2-1 Championship victory over Birmingham at St Andrew's.

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/9493701/birmingham-1-2-fulham?

WhiteJC

Should Kit Symons be Fulham's full time manager?

Kit Symons. Picture: EMPICS Sport

Kit Symons is the favourite among supporters to be the new full-time manager of Fulham but the Whites are yet to decide who should take the reigns at Craven Cottage.

Danny Murphy was the first to openly declare an interest in the job after being a fans' favourite during his playing days in west London.

Former Norwich manager Chris Hughton is also tipped for the job.

Alan Pardew is the surprise contender and Glenn Hoddle is also heavily tipped to be the new man in the dugout.

Neil Lennon has been often mentioned in London24's 'The Craven Corner' blogs, while Tim Sherwood may look to return to management with the Whites.

Tony Pulis has been a name mentioned by fans but is deemed an outsider for the role, along with Steve Clarke and Alan Curbishley.

http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/fulham/should_kit_symons_be_fulham_s_full_time_manager_1_3786612

WhiteJC

Symons is the man to take Fulham forward
by FPTAYLOR on SEPTEMBER 28, 2014

During his decorated career, Kit Symons has been a part of Fulham Football Club for a total of nine years, three as a player and six in a number of different roles within the academy. We fast forward to 2014 and Kit Symons is (temporarily, for now) sitting in the hot seat as a caretaker manager following the sacking of Felix Magath. Kit has left nobody in any doubt that he wants to be Magath's permanent successor, seeing himself as the man to both stabilise and take the football club forward. It's an audition he's passing comfortably so far; two wins from three games, as well as a much improved spirit around the club, the former Wales international is putting himself in a very good position indeed to take the metaphorical ball and run with it.

Symons has steered Fulham to their first back-to-back wins since April, and a first league success of the season, but he still sees room for improvement – a trait that no doubt comes from his years of playing and coaching, "If we could actually start playing well for 90 minutes of football, it'd be a doddle this job but unfortunately it's not quite as simple as that." Our first league win may have been a bit of a squeeze, but the momentum of Championship games mean that two wins in a row (albeit one against a League One side) means the two wins are vital, and with Bolton at home coming up midweek, the momentum will hopefully continue and Fulham, with Kit at the helm, could make it three wins in their last three.

A cloud has been lifted at Craven Cottage, and whilst the league table isn't how we'd all like, it feels everyone at the club is united and, finally, everyone is happy. Kit, part of the Fulham squad that took Fulham to the Premier League in the first place, is a man that every supporter can relate. He's a coach who has served his apprenticeship seeking a break, and Fulham, a club that he openly claims to love, could be his big break. Those that have watched Kit's Under-21s in the past few years will know that Symons has them playing some wonderful football; whilst we obviously have some of the more talented youngsters in the country, it takes good coaching to get them together and playing with the suave nature that they do.

Lest we forget, Kit Symons has worked with the likes of Dan Burn, Marcus Bettinelli, Lasse Vigen Christensen and Cauley Woodrow over the past few years; he won't only know them on a professional level, but there's a personal affection there also. He knows what these players can offer, how much they can give, and they know that he was part of their journey to full-time professional football. All you have to do is look at the Fulham Under-21s page on the Fulham website, and Kit Symons has worked with every single one of them. Who better to have in charge than the man that helped them in the final stages of their development before going to first team football, either at Fulham or elsewhere on loan or permanently?

We've already seen at times in the first three games, some of the football has been absolutely delightful; including his new front three of Bryan Ruiz, Ross McCormack and Hugo Rodallega, a forward line that should, on song,really decimate the Championship. Lasse Vigen Christensen, who when given game time under Magath, previously looked out of his depth, but his performance against Birmingham was impressive; and you've got to look at the effect that Symons is having on the 20 year old Danish midfielder. Marcus Bettinelli gave us the opportunity to win the game yesterday, making some top-draw saves; whilst vice-captain Dan Burn has taken his second chance in the Fulham side with aplomb.

It's only been eight days to date and things have gone from very gloomy to rays of sunshine, imagine what Kit could do with weeks, months and maybe a transfer window? Does anybody know our players like he does? Does anybody know our young players like he does? Does anybody else offer the same connection to the football club, as well as that knowledge of our playing staff? Kit Symons is the right man, at the right time and Shahid Khan should appoint him on a full-time basis. I don't think anybody suits our football club more, and he may be "unproven," but I believe that he will prove doubters wrong, and prove them wrong in style.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2014/09/symons-is-the-man-to-take-fulham-forward/?

WhiteJC

Fulham caretaker boss Symons hails Bettinelli's impact

Fulham caretaker boss Kit Symons has reserved particular praise for goalkeeper Marcus Bettinelli, after the 22-year-old's performances helped the club claim back-to-back wins this past week.

Fulham caretaker manager Kit Symons has hailed goalkeeper Marcus Bettinelli's performance in Saturday's 2-1 win at Birmingham City, after two vital saves either side of half-time allowed his side to produce an impressive comeback.

The 22-year-old was making his second-consecutive start for the Whites, after his spot-kick save on Tuesday night helped the club claim a 2-1 Capital One Cup victory over Doncaster Rovers, and that recent impact has not been lost on Symons.

'Marcus is an excellent keeper, we've known that for a long, long time,' he told the club's official website.

'He been throw in the first team maybe earlier than he would have imagined, and maybe we imagined. But he's been given an opportunity and he's taken it, and sometimes that's the way things work out.

'He can't do a lot more than that, a penalty save to win us the cup game on Tuesday night and an inspired performance today. He'll be very pleased, and I'm very pleased with him.'

Goals Conceded   Saves   Save %   Punches   Crosses Claimed   Cross Claim Acc   Goal Kicks   Goal Kick Acc   Mins Played
Marcus Bettinelli   1   2   67   1   2   100%   10   80%   90

Saturday's result was Fulham's first league win since a 1-0 top-flight victory over Norwich City on 12 April, with the three points moving the club off the bottom of the Championship table at the expense of Blackpool.

Symons' chances of succeeding the much-maligned Felix Magath on a permanent basis have no doubt increased even further over the past week but, having taken just four points from their nine league games so far, there is some way to go to get the Cottagers back where fans expect them to be.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/09/28/fulham-caretaker-boss-symons-hails-bettinellis-impact/?

WhiteJC

Hugo: All smiles at Fulham now
by DAN on SEPTEMBER 29, 2014

Hugo Rodallega has revealed that caretaker manager Kit Symons has completely transformed the atmosphere since taking over at Fulham.

Symons' relaxed demeanour contrasts sharply with the sacked Felix Magath, whose disciplined approach to training was rumoured to have alienated a number of players. Several former Fulham players heavily criticised the German coach after the club's relegation from the Premier League last season – and the German coach was once again in the news recently after recommending Brede Hangeland, who was released in the summer, should attempt to cure a persistent injury with a block of cheese.

Rodallega, who scored the winner as Fulham recorded their first league win at Birmingham on Saturday, credits Symons with almost immediately repairing the damage from Magath's disastrous reign.

Everything has changed inside the group. I'm happier now, the guys are happier and everyone is enjoying their training sessions. This is important because in the last two or three months we don't feel good.

Now Kit Symons has come in and we are doing better and will try and win the next game. He wants the team happy, he wants us to enjoy training sessions. He wants us to enjoy playing every game for Fulham.

Two wins in the space of five days will have boosted Symons' chances of securing the managerial position on a permanent basis. Fulham move out of the bottom three with a win against fellow strugglers Bolton at Craven Cottage on Wednesday night.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2014/09/hugo-all-smiles-at-fulham-now/?