watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pompey - debt free

Started by mikeyffc28, September 30, 2014, 02:33:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeyffc28

I have just read about Pompey now being debt free 2 and a half years ahead of schedule.  I think it is nice to see that the fans consortium have taken control and seem to be making a good go at rebuilding their club.  I know this isn't necessarily fulham related, but as a football fan I would never wish their predicament on any club as it was out of the supporters control how THEIR club got ruined.  It makes me very grateful for the way that Khan and Co. seem to be acting sensibly about spending and cutting wages etc.  I know our current league position is rubbish and some of the decisions over the last season or so have been poor but at least we are a club that is brimming with youth talent and seem to be in a good financial position.  

ToodlesMcToot

I'm just happy to see them survive such a terrible downfall. Any supporter deserves better than what happened to their club. I wouldn't even wish that dumpster fire on QPR.

I hope there are better times ahead for Pompey.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Two Ton Ted

I'd happily wish that dumpster fire on Chelsea.  049:gif

Never ever bloody anything ever.

Pie and mash

Going into admin constantly and mugging off their creditors must have helped

domprague

I hope that means that the St John Ambulance and local tradesmen and women and charities get paid, too.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Peppo

Quote from: domprague on September 30, 2014, 03:51:19 PM
I hope that means that the St John Ambulance and local tradesmen and women and charities get paid, too.
Nope. Their money is long gone.

SG

Quote from: Pie and mash on September 30, 2014, 02:57:56 PM
Going into admin constantly and mugging off their creditors must have helped
Exactly right. Much easier to be debt free if you don't pay your creditors in full

f321ffc

Quote from: Peppo on September 30, 2014, 04:00:36 PM
Quote from: domprague on September 30, 2014, 03:51:19 PM
Nope. Their money is long gone.
[/quote

I know aPompey fan who is a member of the supporters trust he told me back in July that the St John ambulance  had now been paid.
Hope thus is true and good luck to the Pompey supporters trust, power to the fans. 049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

HatterDon

Quote from: mikeyffc28 on September 30, 2014, 02:33:39 PM
I have just read about Pompey now being debt free 2 and a half years ahead of schedule.  I think it is nice to see that the fans consortium have taken control and seem to be making a good go at rebuilding their club.  I know this isn't necessarily fulham related, but as a football fan I would never wish their predicament on any club as it was out of the supporters control how THEIR club got ruined.  It makes me very grateful for the way that Khan and Co. seem to be acting sensibly about spending and cutting wages etc.  I know our current league position is rubbish and some of the decisions over the last season or so have been poor but at least we are a club that is brimming with youth talent and seem to be in a good financial position.  

That's good. So, it would seem that the average time to free yourself from the crippling debt that follows 'arry the Thug's appointment as manager is about 4.5 seasons, right?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Tempest

Too much is made of clubs folding. More should. Football clubs shouldn't be treated differently to other Industries..If a few clubs folded including a bigger one then other clubs would soon get their arses in gear and sort themselves out. And yes if one of those clubs was Fulham I'd have the same opinion
Live in Falmouth!

SouthIslandWhite

Greed.  Its no accident that greed is one of the Seven Deadly Sins.  And greed is pervasive everywhere in the game.  That does not bode well for the future of any of the clubs, even financially secure Fulham.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

Berserker

And in life. I'm greedy and would actually like a seperate dining room but have to put up with just a cloakroom (down stairs toilet). I don't need a DR but just covert one.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

It's debt free??? Even with that stadium? Wow! I thought they were skint for years.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

dannyboi-ffc

Very pleased for pompey, we moaned about our situation under felix but I cant imagine how awful the past few years have been for them. No true fan deserves that treatment, well at least not ones of proper football clubs. I disagree with not wishing that on other clubs.... I would love to see man utd, chelsea, arsenal, liverpool experience a drop like that with no easy way out. They wouldnt know what a hard time was if it slapped them in the face.

Hopefully good times ahead for both of us
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

NorfolkJim

My last two trips to Pompey completely changed my feelings towards them. I'm sad to see what happened to them and though I'll never come to like that bell ringing fan, I do wish them well. They really went through the ringer - maybe evn worse that us in the Bulstrode days.

ron

Quote from: NorfolkJim on October 01, 2014, 04:47:11 PM
My last two trips to Pompey completely changed my feelings towards them. I'm sad to see what happened to them and though I'll never come to like that bell ringing fan, I do wish them well. They really went through the ringer - maybe evn worse that us in the Bulstrode days.

Poor fellow!

Burt

Yes, happy to see them over the worst.

But for the grace of Him Upstairs, it could so easily have been us.

Barrett487

Quote from: Burt on October 01, 2014, 05:50:05 PM
Yes, happy to see them over the worst.

But for the grace of Him Upstairs, it could so easily have been us.

You got a Lodger Burt?

domprague

:plus one:
Quote from: Tempest on September 30, 2014, 08:59:22 PM
Too much is made of clubs folding. More should. Football clubs shouldn't be treated differently to other Industries..If a few clubs folded including a bigger one then other clubs would soon get their arses in gear and sort themselves out. And yes if one of those clubs was Fulham I'd have the same opinion

domprague

I went to see York City play at Pompey last year with my father-in-law, who is a York fan. Great afternoon and the Pompey fans were decent folk, their violent lot seem long gone. Proper stadium and proper fans. Recommended.