https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Another Joke but has an Irish element

Started by Peabody, September 30, 2014, 05:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinnieffc

Quote from: Harold Shand on October 01, 2014, 09:52:36 AM
Quote from: epsomraver on October 01, 2014, 09:49:43 AM
Oh they don't tell jokes about each other then/ when I have been there the Cork men tell jokes about the County Kildare  men and so on, What is your problem?
Oh they don't tell jokes about each other then/ when I have been there the Cork men tell jokes about the County Kildare  men and so on, What is your problem?

My problem is you can't see the problem.

right. I'm from Co. wicklow in Ireland. We have jokes about those from Co. Kerry
It's all about having a craic and not meant to be offensive. I suggest you search hard to find the life you appear to have mislaid. peabody camp plus 100

Harold Shand

Quote from: Vinnieffc on October 01, 2014, 09:59:47 AM

right. I'm from Co. wicklow in Ireland. We have jokes about those from Co. Kerry
It's all about having a craic and not meant to be offensive. I suggest you search hard to find the life you appear to have mislaid. peabody camp plus 100

I suggest you grow a pair.

epsomraver

My problem Harold is that you see a problem in the first  place,  Are you irish and saying you are offended?

epsomraver

Quote from: Harold Shand on October 01, 2014, 10:01:36 AM

I suggest you grow a pair.
Vinnie is a woman and I take great offence that you are suggesting that she has to be come  a man to have a voice, that's what our dear Emily fought for all those years ago , just listen to yourself harold, you are the joke.

Harold Shand

Quote from: epsomraver on October 01, 2014, 10:02:54 AM

My problem Harold is that you see a problem in the first  place,  Are you irish and saying you are offended?

I've got the 1970's on the phone for you, they want to know when you're coming back ?

It's not hard to understand.

Though you gotta love the Irony of the English not being able to understand why Irish people would get upset about jokes about them.

epsomraver

I wish we could go back to the 70's mind you don't remember the Irish being very popular in those days,  Oh course Irish don't tell English jokes then? get a life mate you really are boring

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: jms on October 01, 2014, 12:14:33 AM
Yawn ! Another joke laughing at women. So boring. So not funny.

Actually its a willy joke ..............................

epsomraver

Quote from: KCat on October 01, 2014, 10:16:41 AM
Quote from: jms on October 01, 2014, 12:14:33 AM
Yawn ! Another joke laughing at women. So boring. So not funny.

Actually its a willy joke ..............................

On behalf of all the willys K I take offence at that joke now and please use my full title of William John Thomas  in future correspondance :005: :005:

Harold Shand

Quote from: epsomraver on October 01, 2014, 10:14:38 AM
I wish we could go back to the 70's mind you don't remember the Irish being very popular in those days,  Oh course Irish don't tell English jokes then? get a life mate you really are boring

The old get a life line..... and I'm really boring !!!
I'm stung to the core by your wit.

Let me give you a scenario.

If a pundit on MOTD told an Irish joke, what would happen ?

edit- Don't worry I can see by your first line, what sort of person you are.

Patrick

I wish we could go back to the 70's mind you don't remember the Irish being very popular in those days,  Oh course Irish don't tell English jokes then? get a life mate you really are boring

More evidence of your mindset.....I suppose you thought the Conway brothers and George Best...FFC  in the 1970's...... were  not very popular either....truth coming out now???....maybe you should have lived in 1930's Germany...you would have fitted right in...

filham

Quote from: Airfix on October 01, 2014, 09:49:47 AM
If you can't laugh at yourself and others, then the world becomes greyer and less interesting.

Count me in the pro-Peabody camp!

:group hug:

So right, we have been telling jokes about Scots, Irish, English, Welsh, and Jews for decades and until recent times no one was offended. Please let us all keep our sense of humour it helps towards  good relationships.

Harold Shand

Quote from: Patrick on October 01, 2014, 10:32:06 AM

More evidence of your mindset.....I suppose you thought the Conway brothers and George Best...FFC  in the 1970's...... were  not very popular either....truth coming out now???....maybe you should have lived in 1930's Germany...you would have fitted right in...

I knew he'd trip himself up in the end, racists always do.

epsomraver

Quote from: Harold Shand on October 01, 2014, 10:28:28 AM
I wish we could go back to the 70's mind you don't remember the Irish being very popular in those days,  Oh course Irish don't tell English jokes then? get a life mate you really are boring

The old get a life line..... and I'm really boring !!!
I'm stung to the core by your wit.

Let me give you a scenario.

If a pundit on MOTD told an Irish joke, what would happen ?

edit- Don't worry I can see by your first line, what sort of person you are.

What are you on about? You are calling people racists because they don't see offence in a joke? You really are pathetic, I resent you or any one else telling me what I can and cannot say, I will be at the game tonight, will you? will you be shouting abuse at Hugo if he misses a sitter?

Rupert

A suggestion- those who are offended, carry on being offended, it is your right and I would not want to deprive you of it.

Those who are not offended carry on enjoying the humour. Leave those who are offended alone. They are not obliged to agree with your humour.

A problem I have with modern society is the pressure to conform. I often do not conform with the majority view, and have on occasion expressed views on here which are minority ones. A few people have been offended by me exercising my right to free speech, I see this as their problem, not mine. A refreshingly large number have defended my right to say unpopular things. So long as I am polite, refrain from name calling and show willing to listen to the other side's point of view, I believe that they should show the same courtesy to me. Not that they always do, but hey-ho, as far as I am concerned, that makes me the better man.

As for offensive jokes, I am the son of an Irish immigrant, "special one" haired (or was until it went grey, but people think it is blond or silver now, so the last laugh is on the rest of you there, plus I have not gone bald) and Catholic, so I have heard all sorts of jokes aimed at me or my reatives. Some are genuinely funny, others okay, others pretty tedious. I laugh at the funny ones. I usually ignore the rest, sometimes to the irritation of the joke teller who thinks I should be rolling around laughing at his wit.

Of course, you all know why jokes about Irishmen portray them as being stupid, don't you?
So the English can understand them.
Boom boom.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Logicalman

OK, time for everyone to wind their necks in, whichever country they are from.

I would ask that before starting a battle on a thread members should abide by rules they appear to happily shout about and actually report the post they wish to complain about (there is a link to do so, and each Mod gets an email with the reported comment - make sure you include a good reason). We are all Fulham on here, and all know the rules of football, so if I were to mention that retribution and retaliation is often more serious than the original offence, then the message should be loud and clear.

It is accepted that the PC brigade has changed the landscape we now see in life, but that does not make every comment made necessarily racist in intent. Just because one person takes offence, which is their right (and as such their right to complain to Mods) is quite normal for most people, whether it is at them directly or indirectly. I would just ask that before taking issue with a poster and making any accusations, that we each take a deep breath. We each have our own opinions and dislikes, but if we could concentrate more on our love of Fulham, and remember that is the glue that binds everyone on here, then we might just avoid some of the squabbles.

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.