News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kit Symons wants to bring Alan Curbishley back to Fulham as director of football

Started by SouthWest6, September 24, 2014, 01:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pluto

SouthIslandWhite

You know, the work he did at The Valley proved to me that Curbs was special.  You don't just lose that after being a football pundit.  I say, we should be so lucky to have a second chance to enjoy his leadership and knowledge.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

Mince n Tatties

If this is correct and its what Kit wants, then im afraid Kit that you might lose my vote for you
as our new leader...CURBS NO NO NO.Dont want him back here.

epsomraver

Quote from: SouthIslandWhite on October 01, 2014, 06:32:41 AM
You know, the work he did at The Valley proved to me that Curbs was special.  You don't just lose that after being a football pundit.  I say, we should be so lucky to have a second chance to enjoy his leadership and knowledge.

What a load of tosh, boring football, fans hated him, why do you think he was sacked and has never managed a club since? only idiot club would employ him! hang on , one springs to mind :023: :022:

ron

Kit playing safe with a second opinion......this may come back to bite him when listening to someone 'bought in' may cramp his natural instincts of leadership if treated with too much deference, and more than just a sounding board for ideas.

'Too many cooks spoiling the broth' is always a danger with directors of football and other levels of management.

Peppo

This must be a wind up. Whatever happens it will surely be a committee decision. 

Bracken White

My view is that, if we appoint Kit as permanent manager, then he should be allowed to pick his preferred coaching team. My view is that Danny Murphy should be his No 2 - but IF Kit wants Curbishley as Director of Football, & he can work with him and values his opinion ... then fine.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

Snibbo

Quote from: SouthWest6 on September 24, 2014, 04:20:37 PM
Curbishley actually had Shane Long lined up for Fulham (6M), he even went to his house to convince him and his wife to move down south, who at the time, was heavily pregnant. They agreed, and Long was ready to sign, until Churbishley was overridden by whoever, and instead, in came useless Greek. Now, based on that move alone, if Curbishley was listened to, we might have stayed up.   
Is that from a reliable source because if so then I agree- we would have stayed up if that had taken place instead of the bizarre Mitro saga.

MJG

My own view is that the club should decide on a DOF, not the manager. By all means bring in a senior person to help if that what Kits want.

But a DOF for me should be the person overlooking all the football related issues with the club. From youth to senior teams, support plans in place, scouting, training ground, technical support etc. We talk about stability and that's what a club needs, not a new man every two years changing things.

I'm not talking about buying players and then saying there you are manager work with that, but by all means give support and recommendations.

The DOF would sign (along with youth coaches)youngsters U19's if need be, but they are always gambles and are for the future of a club, a future that 99% of managers never see, because they move

premFlem

Quote from: epsomraver on October 01, 2014, 09:10:52 AM
Quote from: SouthIslandWhite on October 01, 2014, 06:32:41 AM

What a load of tosh, boring football, fans hated him, why do you think he was sacked and has never managed a club since? only idiot club would employ him! hang on , one springs to mind :023: :022:
After declining to extend his contract with Charlton,
Curbishley agreed to leave the club at the end of the 2005–
06 season.  He received a standing ovation from the
Charlton supporters in his final home match in charge.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away