watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Political correctness - Fulham related eventually

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, October 01, 2014, 02:43:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I would like to humbly apologize for not normally 'doing' political correctness which of course is not politically correct.
But I do get fed up (only a little bit of course) in being told what I can and can't say, how to say it and to whom.

an example: (and I'm sorry now for upsetting anyone, I don't mean to) but you can't say blackboard in schools now.
Why not, that's what they are, or were.  It's not racist, I think it's racist (and I stand corrected) only because the
politically correct people point it out and make it an issue. No one sits at the back of the class giggling.
Naughty me

Before I go any further I have to point out that I am not racist, my multinational staff will point out that when they
come in for their pay checks, if I say "No pay this week for Puerto Ricans, Chinese, Hunchbacks, Dwarfs (oops sorry
they're 'little people') or bald people (smack my hand, they're follickley challenged) gays, lesbians, crossdressers or
transsexuals" (oops LGBT minorities)  they know I'm only joking.
I'm sorry but little people make a nice living out of being small;
It's almost impossible to watch a movie or show without an LGBT character in it (most recently Orphan Black)
I've got absolutely nothing against any of them, just leave me alone and don't thrust it down my throat (metaphorically speaking
of course) and if I don't like any minority that's my priority isn't it ?  (If it isn't I apologize again)

Now, what's this got to do with Fulham I feel you asking (if not I'm sorry)  If you don't like this thread, either stop before
you get this far, which of course you can't have done because you got this far.

I was pestered every night by a telemarketer and got so fed up I said "Do you mind phoning back I'm in the middle of
m***ur*****g"  They never phoned again and I was waiting for a policeman to knock on my door which is politically
correct because the housing association wouldn't let me paint it lime green.

Back to Fulham, this board is getting more politically correct, not because of the mods, we know the rules and a lot of us
push them to the limit, for which I apologize  :0)
But there are people who 'pull you up' if you make a typing mistake or grammatically error, I tend to do it on porpoise to
see who bites.
We are all entytled to hour opineons, witch is grate,  But if I'd written "Vee are entitled" oops, Felix bashing (which seems to be
more 'en vogue' these day) few weeks ago I was chastised for similar
There are trends:
A current one is "this is nonsense, why did you bother to post it"  
Or the most annoying "Move along, nothing to see here"
In all humbleness I have to say "DUH off"

I sometimes think that if I posted a thread "Nothing to see here" someone would reply "Why did you say that ?"
BTW: should the question mark be before the closing speech marks or after ??

3/4 weeks ago there was a poll on 'who should be manager"  the result was resounding...Kit should be given a chance,
and everyone seemed dance the happy dance, the feel good factor was back, we got our Fulham back.
Now, after 6 halves of football and only 3 of them (1 per game) acceptable.........lot's of people....Kit out.
The news of todays committee seems to have galvanized a lot of "Kit's not ready"

This is of course all in IMHO with a lot of LOL and BTW's

Jol In........Jol out
Renee In....Rene Not good enough
The Crab (OOps) ... .No
Curbishley  .... why on earth ?
No to Pulis....which is obviously PC (and I agree with it)

No to Mackay....because he 'got caught' being Politically Incorrect.  
Saying what he felt, and everyone who has never said the 'N' word or the Honky word are on the band wagon
wagging their PC index finger  "he should never manage again"  OH dear we all 'f**k up but it's politically correct
not to admit it.  We're all in someway in our own 'publics eyes'
Glenn Hoddle was slagged off for his religious 'thing' but now there's a call for him to be considered manager.
I'm the first to slag of Ruiz, cos I think he's a poser and overrated.  It would be very PUC of me to say "I don't think
he had an outstanding World Cup" but it seems so did 100's of 'hiring managers' around the globe.
People slag off Mitro "He's a conman"  blah blah blah.

We are all quick to judge but,  "people in glass houses"  etc.......

For the longest time people have said "KHAN OUT, he hasn't got a clue".  I've never subscribed to that....Oooops
Perhaps he didn't, but he's observed and learned, and it seemed as if he's proved a lot of people wrong and dispelled
the "conspiracy theory of the block of flats"
"MACINTOSH OUT"  and I've been on that like a rash, but, with total subservience, it seems like he's a good financial person, the role he's played
in other areas, who knows, it seems like he's been pushed a little sideways

Daly, Quinn, Murphy, McBride and Jennings  (the latters involvement strikes me of a huge commitment to the
youth set up)

I even saw a post today saying something like "are the club being too open" ..........pleeeeeeeease, isn't that what we
(me included have been asking for ?) although I appreciate that I shouldn't address it in that way.

Every spleeing mistake on here is done on purpose

I apologize to the mods if they have a dilemma about this one, please delete if it's inflammatory.
Why did I write this ?
We are all Fulham fans and the bickering, sarcastic digs and pickyness is fascinating to me.

I see things like  WUM  or Attention Seeking, be honest  all of us who post on here are a bit like that
otherwise, why would we post, to offer our opinion and criticize someone Else's (IHMO) and for the 'camaraderie'
in my case.
There are loads of people who just read the posts, that's fine too, after all I wouldn't want to reply to any
thread I'd composed

To almost finish, in the words of Uriah Heap..(ish)
"I am humbled that you got this far, ever so humbled, super humbled"
Did I hear anyone say "More" ?

$2 for the first person to say something like  "Why did you bother to write this"  ?

Because I'm a sad lonely b*st*rd with nothing better to do but to hone my skills for future projects and I'm
mad as a hatter.

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

absent cottager

064.gif fantastic, you should have your own page in the match day programme.

Snibbo

Why did you bother to write this?

I'll collect 2 dollars worth of beer at a Fulham home match. Should amount to about one mouthful.

Logicalman

Oh No, he's run out of his PC meds again!!  An hour gone and I haven't received one complaint email yet!

:005:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

grimmynz

I'm not sure about the ? and the" but I suppose that if you're asking a question with another question in it, then both could be correct.
Did anyone reply "Why did you say that?"?
Ah, 5 o'clock. Time for a beer.

Berserker

I actually slept most of last night. I wish I'd woken at 5 pm now just so that I could have read the OP in my darkened room. Now I'm reading it in my fully luxed kitchen, not the same affect I'm sure.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

TonyGilroy

The "well meaning" jibes against minorities which are not intended to be hurtful because, obviously, I'm not racist/sexist/homophobic etc are in fact exactly that.

People should not have to put up with that sort of bigotry.

Blackboards can take care of themselves but of course these diatribes always start with the preposterous to justify the prejudice.

Sorry to be serious.

epsomraver

Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 01, 2014, 08:35:50 AM

The "well meaning" jibes against minorities which are not intended to be hurtful because, obviously, I'm not racist/sexist/homophobic etc are in fact exactly that.

Blackboards can take care of themselves but of course these diatribes always start with the preposterous to justify the prejudice.

Sorry to be serious.

Strange though that the offended ones are not black, gay or what ever the so called slur may be but just complaining because that said person may be offended? For once I agree with Roger, didn't think I would ever say that

Lighthouse

Sorry to be serious.

I agree but the problem is we spend so much time concerning ourselves with frowning at bigotry that we miss the point of trying to stop it. My Mum used to smile at babies and if they were black would say 'Aren't black babies lovely'. This was clearly racist. In the same way as The Black and White Minstrel Show and The Little Tar Baby and golliwogs are now considered racist. But prejudice will always exist  and we need to address it instead of becoming PC about minor discretions. I think we miss the bigger picture while concentrating on the brush strokes. Oh and yes I have been all the things that are no longer PC.

Fat people are jolly and greedy. Some are but some are suicidal with medical problems. But we miss the chance to do something by making too many people feel like victims.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

TonyGilroy

I've had my say and I'm now butting out because this clearly is a very non F0F topic.

Or at least it will be if I give it both barrels.

epsomraver

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 01, 2014, 10:37:21 AM

Sorry to be serious.

I agree but the problem is we spend so much time concerning ourselves with frowning at bigotry that we miss the point of trying to stop it. My Mum used to smile at babies and if they were black would say 'Aren't black babies lovely'. This was clearly racist. In the same way as The Black and White Minstrel Show and The Little Tar Baby and golliwogs are now considered racist. But prejudice will always exist  and we need to address it instead of becoming PC about minor discretions. I think we miss the bigger picture while concentrating on the brush strokes. Oh and yes I have been all the things that are no longer PC.

Fat people are jolly and greedy. Some are but some are suicidal with medical problems. But we miss the chance to do something by making too many people feel like victims.

So I can't shout out who ate all the pies anymore and should report the bloke behind for calling Mc Cormack a fat b****d then , this is really plumbing the depths in who will you offend if you say anything

domprague

Or maybe they are offended but don't want to say so to their boss as he's the one saying it. I'm a fat git and you're welcome to call me that as it is my own fault. The colour of someone's skin is not down to them, however.

Quote from: epsomraver on October 01, 2014, 09:59:54 AM

Sorry to be serious.

Strange though that the offended ones are not black, gay or what ever the so called slur may be but just complaining because that said person may be offended? For once I agree with Roger, didn't think I would ever say that
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Lighthouse

Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 01, 2014, 10:48:20 AM

I've had my say and I'm now butting out because this clearly is a very non F0F topic.

Threats of violence with a gun. Not very politically correct. I may complain thus missing the point of the argument but oddly making mine for me.  :012:

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 01, 2014, 10:57:00 AM

Threats of violence with a gun. Not very politically correct. I may complain thus missing the point of the argument but oddly making mine for me.  :012:

Both barrels METAPHORICALLY.

M'Lud.

NorfolkJim

As an obese person - I don't much care for the "you fat B'stard" chants (Just in case they are aimed at me) and the answer to "Who ate all the pies" is me - and a number of other people.
I'm not even sure why I've written this as I'm currently signed off work with stress related depression so I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing, saying or why - A state that has got me into a lot of trouble before so I'm hiding up in the house feeling lost

Logicalman

Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 01, 2014, 10:58:28 AM

Threats of violence with a gun. Not very politically correct. I may complain thus missing the point of the argument but oddly making mine for me.  :012:

M'Lud.

.. and now your using long words .. baffle us with your sesquipedalian dexterity .. I see the plan - I think  :023:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Logicalman on October 01, 2014, 12:44:29 PM
Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 01, 2014, 10:58:28 AM

M'Lud.

.. and now your using long words .. baffle us with your sesquipedalian dexterity .. I see the plan - I think  :023:
Sounds like a veiled attack on my penchant for cross dressing. Or dressing when very cross. Pink Chiffon is a fashion choice but the thigh boots needed all the dexterity I could muster to put them on. But were on reflection, in the ceiling mirror, a poor choice.

Wimbledon_White

How Mr. InVirginia had the time to write this is beyond me...don't you work man?

Good stuff though. Most amusing.

Fulham Joe

I sort of agree with the original post, only in my case if I wanted to get that point across, the chances of me ever being allowed to post on this board again would be none.
If the original poster dislikes political correctness, the chances are that in comparison to me he is in love with it.
I try and stick to the rules of this board as the rules have been set by the board administrator, and quite rightly so. but that doesn't mean for one second that I agree with them.
I can't stand the word racist, and anyone who labels me as such isn't worth two seconds of my attention, I decide who I like and who I don't like, and I won't be forced into accepting people just because some other (harmless word using the letters wtat but censored into a word I don't use and find offensive) says that I should.
In my general life I constantly use just about every single word that would be pounced upon by the politically protect brigade on here, and I really do mean every word.
I can remember the song that Fulham fans used to sing about Stan Horne, and in my view if they still want to sing it now they should be able to.
I despise political correctness, and I've not got a lot of time for those who have had it forced so far down their throats that they feel they now need to do exactly that to everybody else.
If this is offensive enough so as to get me banned, then my point, and that of the original poster, will have been proven to be 100% correct.

TonyGilroy

Of course.

The sacred right to offend and insult anyone on the basis of their race, gender or sexuality. If they have feelings then so much the better if they're hurt.

A noble cause indeed.