watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Will we ever have a manager who can sort out our defence

Started by The Swan, October 05, 2014, 09:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Apart from Roy we have never had a manager who could sort out our defence. I was hoping that Kit could do it as he was an excellent defender for us. Following our two nil defeat on Saturday, Kit admitted that we conceded two sloppy goals. He said that we must not let this happen again. I am hoping with the international break this weekend Kit can get our defence sorted out. When we concede a goal you have to see if it was an excellent goal or another sloppy goal. I would love to see Kit get the job as manager full time.
The Swan

MJG

Look at Roys early results... These things take time

Lighthouse

We also need to actually do something positive when we have the ball. We have proved we can keep it but if we are doing nothing with it we will just lose it in the end. We have the talent but really I sometimes wonder why we are so reluctant to put players in the area until we are chasing the game.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

J.Perkins

We have trouble at both ends. Finishing chances and stopping them. Give it time, and hopefully we will sort out both.

TonyGilroy

It can never be a quick fix and it won't be instantly apparent whether Kit knows how to put things right and has the players to do so.

We're not leaking the goals we were.

TonyGilroy

We haven't had a player like Danny Murphy since Johnny Haynes.

We don't lack creativity in midfield but it's getting the balance right. The midfield needs to be protecting the defence and closing down the opposition. AND being creative.

It takes time. Everyone getting used to their role, knowing where everyone else is likely to be and gaining confidence.

For that reason I don't want short term loans.

Give it another few weeks and if there are weaknesses they can be addressed in January.

Tonywa

is this the time to mention Ryan Tunnicliffe? Shipping him out was one of the most inexplicable of the Mad one's many bizarre decisions.

Bronaldinho

Quote from: Tonywa on October 06, 2014, 09:44:57 AM
is this the time to mention Ryan Tunnicliffe? Shipping him out was one of the most inexplicable of the Mad one's many bizarre decisions.

Spot on.

He should have never been loaned out.

We need players who have played in this league, Tunnicliffe has.

Burn has experience in the league and it shows having Tunnicliffe alongside Parker would have been a great combination to protect the back four more.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

MJG

Quote from: Bronaldinho on October 06, 2014, 10:03:39 AM
Quote from: Tonywa on October 06, 2014, 09:44:57 AM

Spot on.

He should have never been loaned out.

We need players who have played in this league, Tunnicliffe has.

Burn has experience in the league and it shows having Tunnicliffe alongside Parker would have been a great combination to protect the back four more.
Well we will have to wait to January to see if 1) we have a recall option and 2) we want him back.

Berserker

We have to be patient. I know this is hard especially in the situation we are in but it's the only way. Chopping and changing just doesn't work
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

res

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 06, 2014, 10:54:14 AM
Yes Ryan Tunnicliffe the forgotten man, is he still at Blackburn Rovers. He would be a good addition, and while we are in the subject, what on emergency happened to Larnel Cole, I think he had one subs run out at Old Trafford, and he has become the invisible man, is he injured ?

Larnel Cole went on loan to Milton Keynes last year but was immediately injured so came back. Don't think he's been involved in any open games this year (U21s/friendlies) so assume he's still injured/just hasn't the physique, yet, to cope with competitive games.