watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Music thread

Started by Sheepskin Junior, October 02, 2014, 03:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheepskin Junior

I don't recall seeing a music thread for a while. What songs are on your playlist today?
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

spikey norman

Have been listening to Clare Martin a brilliant jazz/blues singer whose concert I went to on Tuesday night with fellow FoFer Jenny

Fernhurst

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

irishfulham

morgon page in the air (elkoe remix) this would be more for dj fans but you never know :)

nose

love4ffc

John Mayer makes for a nice Pandora station.  So does Ed Sheeran. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

twang

Jamie T's long-awaited new record. It was worth the wait.

Berserker

Today i have been listening to John Lydon and PIL
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

yatewhite

Nick Drake - Bryter Layter (I'm old)

RaySmith

Quote from: Berserker on October 02, 2014, 08:46:44 PM
Today i have been listening to John Lydon and PIL
I was recently watching an old clip on YouTube of John Lydon visiting the Finsbury Park council house where he grew up, and he spoke movingly of how it reminded him of his  late mother-and I remembered that the PiL song Death Disco was to do with his mother's death -

'in his autobiography, Rotten: No Irish, No Blacks, No Dogs, Lydon stated that the song was written for his mother, who had died of cancer not long before. In a BBC TV news interview at 09:10 on 7 July 2010, he spoke of how his mother was treated badly by the church and that they would not give her the Last Rites in the hospital where she died. The song expressed his feelings about this as a kind of 'shout therapy'.

"I watched her die," he told Select in 1990. "She was tough, my mum. She asked me to write a disco song for her funeral. This was hardly happy stuff." '

RaySmith

Forever Fulham

I love the Nick Drake song, "Pink Moon".  Rediscovered an old George Strait album in my collection, "Chill of an Early Fall."  There are at least 4 classic country hits on that album worth hearing.   My wife's favorite is "If I Know Me."  http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCEQyCkwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DVvN4ThH66AY&ei=krMtVPvjNI7-yQSqvIGQCQ&usg=AFQjCNG6UrG7nbTinY_G4XokqRicyYCxtA&bvm=bv.76802529,d.aWw

Burt

Berserker

Quote from: Burt on October 02, 2014, 10:17:07 PM
Muse "Revolution"...

To be honest there is only about half of the Resistance album I actual like. My preference is Muse's early stuff, Order of Symmetry and Absolution. Love them live, poor Mr B was dragged along to one of the gigs I've been to and he wasn't best chuffed
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Tony.Lee

Quote from: Berserker on October 02, 2014, 10:34:04 PM
Quote from: Burt on October 02, 2014, 10:17:07 PM
Muse "Revolution"...

To be honest there is only about half of the Resistance album I actual like. My preference is Muse's early stuff, Order of Symmetry and Absolution. Love them live, poor Mr B was dragged along to one of the gigs I've been to and he wasn't best chuffed

Resistance was average, compared to Showbiz, OoS and Absolution.

Mad to think Showbiz was my first ever album I bought, at the age of 6.

Alt-J is very popular with me
Twitter - @Tony_LeaS

jj____

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Mince n Tatties

Scott Walker, what a voice.
KD Lang Album Shadowland.

Deanothefulhamfan

Interesting choices here.

Jamie T - not heard his name since I was at uni, muse are always good but not listened to much of their new stuff. The problem living in China is I find I am not keeping upto date with music.

To answer the OP the last song I was listening to was Avicii on a very mixed playlist.

Forever Fulham

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on October 03, 2014, 06:59:46 AM
Interesting choices here.

Jamie T - not heard his name since I was at uni, muse are always good but not listened to much of their new stuff. The problem living in China is I find I am not keeping upto date with music.

To answer the OP the last song I was listening to was Avicii on a very mixed playlist.

Shadowland is a great album.  the self-proclaimed 'big boned girl from Alberta.' She worked with one of the world's best music producers on that one.