watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

An upcoming challenge

Started by Whiteroom, October 03, 2014, 10:31:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whiteroom

I can see us having a good season from now on, which will act as an advertisement for our good players. Unfortunately, however good we are, I can't see us gaining promotion. This means that we'll be left in the Championship with the very real possibility of a lot of our best players being poached - victims of our (too late) success. I can see us losing any or all of Ruiz, Roberts, McCormack, Hugo, maybe Hyndman, Maybe Williams. This will leave a big gap in the squad that we may struggle to fill, and therefore see a step back in our bid for promotion. Are we capable of recruiting well enough to fill the gap, or even improve on this squad? I hope so.

MJG

What we can do is have a good half of a season after xmas and try to take that momentum into 15-16. We will lose players, but we will also bring new ones in. Its just the way of the world, but I would not expect a full cull of all the good ones next summer.

Tony.Lee

Of the list given, I don't see everyone leaving. Ruiz is likely if he continues to perform in the same form he did on Wednesday night, and Roberts will probably leave because of an offer too good to refuse for the youngster. McCormack will probably do at least two seasons with us, and if the situation either doesn't improve or we struggle again, it'll be likely to sign for the highest bidder.

No matter what happens, a player or two (or 15) will slip through our fingers but at the same time with the development of some of our youth we can have fresh replacements. Or with the money made on transfers, players will just come in and such.
Twitter - @Tony_LeaS

HatterDon

Ruiz will be gone in January and Roberts in the summer. With the money we can get for these two, we should be able to patch whatever holes we have and get promotion in 2016.

Promotion with the current squad would see us drop straight down again. One more season in the Championship is what we need.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel