News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would Kit have kept us in the Premiership?

Started by 2013, October 03, 2014, 09:05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discuss! Obviously ' wisdom after the event' but might well have saved the shocking turmoil inflicted on a happy club  :doh:

Deanothefulhamfan

I think Rene would have done in truth, or we would be in a better position now if he had stayed. Last years team was terrible in truth, so it would not have been easy.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Probably, but he was perhaps not ready in his own  head for the job.  
Working within the Club he watched the madness that unfolded and  
perhaps he had to go through that process to get himself ready for now.  
Boy !!! is he ready  .............................................. He strikes me as having a huge  quiet confidence and a plan for now
and the future.    

However, I really do think Rene and Curbs would have done the business,  the big mistake was getting in Butch  and then the club panicked.

shnlwswlkr

Does it matter? If we were in the prem still we would still have an old ageing squad. The world works in mysterious ways. I think we needed to go down to be able to rebuild.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Peppo

I can't see how he  could get fewer points than magath. I think he probably would have kept us up.

Peppo

Quote from: shnlwswlkr on October 03, 2014, 09:33:34 AM
Does it matter? If we were in the prem still we would still have an old ageing squad. The world works in mysterious ways. I think we needed to go down to be able to rebuild.
Seriously? All we needed was 3-4 quality signings to keep us mid table. And then keep the investment going each year.

res

Quote from: 2013 on October 03, 2014, 09:05:45 AM
Discuss! Obviously ' wisdom after the event' but might well have saved the shocking turmoil inflicted on a happy club  :doh:

If we had got Messi and Ronaldo on loan we would have not stayed up....just remember how awful our squad was last year. Kit has come in at the right time for himself and for the club

jj____

I do think two of the big things we missed last season was a sense of direction and togetherness, two things Kit has emphasized during his time with the first team.  However, I think we missed a sense of direction in the board room too which was evident by some of the head scratching signings.

I'm a Kit man

shnlwswlkr

Quote from: Peppo on October 03, 2014, 09:51:53 AM
Quote from: shnlwswlkr on October 03, 2014, 09:33:34 AM
Seriously? All we needed was 3-4 quality signings to keep us mid table. And then keep the investment going each year.

Yeah, but would we have got them? Or just doggy paddled our way through it again with has beens.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Andy S

I think even Jol would have kept us up. But that is all history now. In the words of somebody famous All you ever get from looking backwards is a stiff kneck

Burt

Blimey... We don't even know if he will keep us in the Championship yet  :dft011:

The signs are promising, the first time for a long time, but don't underestimate the size of the task ahead. It would be a challenge for managers with much more first team experience than Kit has, so in addition to fixing the cumulative mess of two poor seasons he is also learning on the job!

Artful Dodger

Given we got reasonably close despite Magath being in charge, nearly anyone with half a footballing brain could have kept us up last season in my opinion. Unfortunately, we scoured the world to find the one man that didn't have that anymore. So yes, I think Kit would have kept us up  but I think I could have done as well.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

filham

Who knows how kit would have done last season in the Premiership but I suspect if he had been appointed earlier we would not be in a relegation spot in the Championship.

Tony.Lee

I think he would of had a better fight than Magath, but kept us up I would of doubted. Possibly would of gone to the last game and then would of went down, but at least with more fighting spirit than a dog with no legs.
Twitter - @Tony_LeaS

grandad

If he had been manager & kept us up he would have still the job of a massive cull of our ageing,past it players. There would have to have been a massive investment in new players of Premiership quality. Our kids would not have been ready.
If the truth been known I think relegation will be proved to be a blessing as it has forced us to do things that should have been done 3 years ago.
Where there's a will there's a wife

K33NY

I think if Renee had been allowed to stay he would have MAYBE kept us up, it would have been hard for anyone who took over after Jol, but I am certain Renne would have started us of much better this season thats for sure!

nose

Jo, would have been guaranteeed relegation

rene would have probably seen us escape with about 5 or 6 points in hand

Kit? If he took over when rene did then we probably would have survived although with the players he had they may not have responded quite so well.
If he took over when magath did then we would have probably gone down BUT the essential difference is today we would be sitting in the top three or four of this division.

HatterDon

It was an away victory that doomed us to relegation. When we won at Swansea on the last day of the 12-13 season, that was enough to keep Jol in charge. Had we lost, we'd have wound up 16th, and there would have been a new gaffer for the summer transfer period and forward. As it was, when we won that match we guaranteed ourselves another six months of the Dutch imbecile and relegation was a cert.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel