watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff (28/06/10)...

Started by WhiteJC, June 28, 2010, 08:09:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

NOT SURE THIS TELLS ANYMORE ABOUT FxPro but nevertheless an article from a Marketing website. -

LG replaced by FxPro as main sponsor of Fulham FC Fulham Football Club has announced a new main sponsorship deal with financial trading services company FxPro, replacing consumer electronics company LG.

New sponsor: Fulham FC links with FxPro in three-year-deal
FxPro Financial Services Ltd will join the club as its main sponsor from July, on a three-year deal. The club said the multimillion deal was the biggest in its history, but was unable to disclose a specific figure.

It follows Fulham's recent successes in Europe, where the club reached the Europa League final, and secured its highest Barclays Premier League finish.

FxPro will appear on Fulham's first team shirt until the summer of 2013, and will also support a variety of Fulham Foundation initiatives, with particular focus on Fulham Deaf FC.

In 2005, Pipex, the UK's fifth-biggest ISP at the time, signed a £2m two- year shirt sponsorship deal with Fulham FC.

FxPro was set-up in 2006 and is title sponsor of the IPC FxPro Cyprus rally, as well as a partner of the Virgin Formula One team and the Official Forex Trading partner of the FIA World Rally Championship.

Earlier this month, FxPro announced a deal with Aston Villa Football Club to become its principal commercial partner from July 2010, in a three-year deal. As part of the agreement, FxPro will appear on the club's kit, including next season's shirt.

Alistair Mackintosh, chief executive at Fulham FC, said: "Clearly this has additional benefits for Fulham's global reach which, following the European success of last season and the recognition the Club received worldwide, is something that we are extremely excited about."    
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

WhiteJC

http://www.sportspromedia.com/deals/_a/fulham_handed_multi-million_boost_ahead_of_summer_transfer_window/?utm_source=Syndication+Websites&utm_campaign=Syndication+Websites&utm_medium=syndication_websites
Fulham handed multi-million boost ahead of summer transfer window

FxPro, sponsors of the Virgin Racing Formula One team, have added another Premier League soccer club to their roster.

Just days after signing a three-year contract that could, according to reports, be worth almost US$30 million to Aston Villa, the company put pen to paper with Fulham. The Cottagers, like Aston Villa, have been on an upward curve in recent seasons - last season Fulham, having qualified for European competition for the first time, reached the final of the Uefa Europa League, with a number of victories over big-name European clubs.

Fulham's deal with FxPro will see the company's branding appear on the Cottagers' shirts until the summer of 2013. Financial details were not disclosed but, while the amount is not thought to match the contract secured by Aston Villa, it still represents a multi-million dollar annual boost to Fulham's coffers, with the deal conveniently signed at the start of the summer transfer window.

It is rare for two Premier League clubs to be sponsored by the same company. However, Wigan Athletic and Bolton were both backed by 188Bet last season, and Aston Villa and Newcastle were sponsored concurrently by NTL in the 1990s.

"I am delighted to welcome FxPro to Fulham during a period of such success and optimism on and off the pitch," said Fulham chief executive Alistair Mackintosh to the club website. "It is always a cause for celebration when you have an opportunity to work with a brand that shares your commitment and vision for success. FxPro already has global presence and, partnering another Premier League football club, will enhance this even further. Clearly this has additional benefits for Fulham's global reach which, following the European success of last season and the recognition the Club received worldwide, is something that we are extremely excited about."

Denis Sukhotin, director for FxPro, added: "FxPro is delighted to team up with Fulham Football Club for the next three years. Fulham's success during the last campaign in both the Barclays Premier League and in the Uefa Europa League saw the club capture the imagination of football fans, not just in the UK but internationally. FxPro is committed to raising the profile of Fulham FC and supporting the club as it seeks to replicate last season's success in the domestic and European competitions during the period of our association."

WhiteJC

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2010/article-1290261/WORLD-CUP-2010-Harry-Redknapp-piles-pressure-England-flop-Fabio-Capello-We-need-home-grown-boss--Id-say-country.html?ITO=1490
WORLD CUP 2010: Harry Redknapp piles pressure on England flop Fabio Capello: We need a home-grown boss... and I'd never say no to my country!

Harry Redknapp has demanded that the FA employ an English manager to coach the national side, piling even more pressure on Fabio Capello after England's embarrassing exit from the World Cup at the hands of Germany.

The Tottenham boss was candid in his assessment of the performance of both England and Capello in South Africa, damning the showing against Algeria in particular as 'disgusting'.

And Redknapp also threw his hat into the ring to one day take the country's top managerial role, saying: 'I'm English, who wouldn't want to manage England?'.

Capello's future is uncertain after his team's crushing failure in Bloemfontein, but is refusing to quit and has left it to his FA paymasters to decide whether to back him or sack him.

Asked in the aftermath of the humiliating 4-1 loss if he intended to stay in charge, Capello said: 'We have time to decide. I want to speak with the chairman to decide my future and see whether he has confidence in me or not. But resign. No. No. Absolutely no.'

Capello held a brief meeting with his FA employers this morning and revealed this afternoon that Club England chairman Sir Dave Richards has asked for two weeks to consider the Italian manager's future.

It has also emerged that the Italian could be due up to £12million in compensation following the FA's pre-World Cup decision to remove a 'break clause' in his contract that would have allowed either side to tear up the deal after England's exit from South Africa.

When Redknapp was asked if he would like the England manager's job should Capello step down or be sacked, he said on Talksport: 'It wouldn't be right for me to say. They [the FA] have got a manager and until he's not the manager it's difficult to talk about it.

He added: 'But I'm English, who wouldn't want to manage England?  There's not an Englishman - whether it's me, Roy Hodgson or Sam Allardyce - who would turn the job down because it's our country and we want to manage our country.  No one is ever going to turn that job down.

'If you're English you cannot not want to manage your country.'

Redknapp added: 'Could you imagine an Englishman managing the Italian national team?  It doesn't happen. The Germans are the same, they have a German manager. We've ended up with two foreign managers. This guy [Capello] has a fantastic record at club level.

'But look, we've had a go with it now.  When he finally moves on, in four years or whatever, surely there has to be a young guy or somebody in this country, surely we have to find a manager from England, an English manager.  I'm not talking about a Scottish manager or an Irish manager, I'm talking about an English manager because this is where we're from, this is our country.

'We should be able to produce someone who can manage the England football team and let's be honest, they can't do any worse than what they [Eriksson and Capello] have done.' 

Redknapp was also critical of the England players, saying: 'The players haven't performed. The whole package hasn't worked in this World Cup. I was England all the way and really thought it was our big chance, the best chance we've had of winning the World Cup since '66.  It's been a massive disappointment.   

'We were average against the USA.  We were disgusting against Algeria.  We were better against Slovenia, but what a poor team they were.  They'd be lucky to survive in the Championship.'

Andy Gray has also weighed into the debate, backing David Beckham to be groomed as a future England boss by the man who next takes the job. When speaking about who he would like installed as Capello's successor, he said: 'I would love to see an English manager.'

He added: 'I think there are many out there, even somebody like a Glenn Hoddle, an Alan Shearer, maybe a Roy Hodgson with (David) Beckham as his No 2 to learn and maybe four years from now to take on the role.

'But don't tell me if you wanted experience that Harry Redknapp couldn't do this job.

'Don't tell me there are no Englishmen capable of going out there, it has been proven time and time and time again.

'It doesn't matter if you've coached, this is your national side, you are given all the best players that your country possesses to go and make them happy, to put your arm round their shoulder, to make them feel like giants, to make them believe in what you're asking them to do.'

Fabio's replacement? The contenders...
Roy Hodgson
Well-travelled Fulham boss who is much in-demand after taking the Cottagers to the Europa League final. Has experience of international football with Switzerland, among others, and of handling big-name stars at Inter Milan.
Harry Redknapp
Tottenham manager on the crest of a wave after leading Spurs into the Champions League for the first time in their history. Colourful character who is recognised as among the best man-managers in the game, but court case pending over alleged tax evasion.
Arsene Wenger
Frenchman who is devoted to flair football. An Arsenal exit previously unthinkable but a five-year trophy drought has led some to question his future at the Emirates Stadium.
Martin O'Neill
Favourite to succeed Sven Goran Eriksson in 2006 but rejected by the FA in favour of Steve McClaren. Built a team at Aston Villa based on young English players but rumoured to be unhappy at lack of transfer funds at Villa Park.
Stuart Pearce
English 'Bulldog' spirit would go down well with fans and led Under 21s to a European Championship final last summer. But sacked as Man City boss in 2007 and possibly tainted by being part of Capello's regime as assistant coach.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2010/article-1290261/WORLD-CUP-2010-Harry-Redknapp-piles-pressure-England-flop-Fabio-Capello-We-need-home-grown-boss--Id-say-country.html?ITO=1490#ixzz0s9qLjaJZ

WhiteJC

http://www.givemefootball.com/world-cup/what-price-on-fabio-capello-staying-now-?
What price on Fabio Capello staying now?
Bookies are already quoting Harry Redknapp and Roy Hodgson as favourites

The bookmakers believe Fabio Capello is likely to leave the England job before the end of the World Cup following his side's 4-1 defeat against Germany yesterday.

The Italian is priced at 5/4 to depart before the climax of the competition following England's heaviest ever defeat in World Cup football.

England have now failed to reach the last four of a major tournament for the seventh successive time and the two early favourites to replace Capello are both English.

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp and Fulham boss Roy Hodgson are both quoted at 3/1 to be the next national team manager, while other front runners in the betting are Martin O'Neill, Stuart Pearce and Arsene Wenger.

One 'springer' in the market is former England skipper David Beckham, who has been backed down from 66/1 to 16/1 to be the next boss.

With England, Italy and France out of the tournament, Argentina and Brazil are now the new co-favourites to win the World Cup, priced at 7/2.

Pre-competition favourites Spain are next best at 4/1, while Holland are 7/1 shots and Germany have been cut from 14/1 to 6/1 after their impressive win against the Three Lions.

The rank outsiders are Slovakia at 200/1 and they will be hoping to cause a shock against the Dutch this afternoon.

Meanwhile, Argentina striker Gonzalo Higuain made it four goals for the World Cup with his strike against Mexico last night and he is now 13/8 to win the Golden Boot.