watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So how many of you play an instrument?

Started by blingo, October 07, 2014, 07:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

Instruments bypassed me. Mother was a magnificent piano player (but never even gave me one lesson) and my son is excellent on guitar. Played with reformed band juicy lucy, original singer, Ray Owen and had his own Led Zep tribute band which was quite successful for about 5 years.

NogoodBoyo

Beaten up Spanish guitar that I carried on my back through Greece, Turkey, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan and back - all on GBP100 in 1974.  My brother brought it for me from Spain.  Well-travelled guitar that is very dear to me.
I also have a Gibson Stratocaster.  I would love to swap it for a Telecaster.
I once had a Gibson LS - neck as a narrow a one-eyed picolo (to borrow a phrase above).  Unfortunately, I left it in the hands of my hairdresser in London when I emigrated to New York.  I never managed to trace either.
Nogood "never trust a hairdresser with a narrow-necked geetar, isit" boyo

Aaron

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on October 08, 2014, 03:20:33 PM
I also have a Gibson Stratocaster.

Not sure if that's a typo or not? 

Mind you, I do have a Gibson strat style thing I picked up years ago from some lad on eBay.  It's a Humbucker / Single / Humbucker configuration.  I saw Richie Sambora playing one once but have never seen one elsewhere besides..  It's achingly 1980s but I've never bothered investigating any further.

Two Ton Ted

I play bass badly in a reasonably successful punk rock band who are all Fulham fans.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

Sheepskin Junior

Amateur, part-time, only for fun bassist/guitarist. Taught myself a bit of keyboard, used to play flute.

Is every Fulham fan a bassist? Judging by this thread (and Alex James)
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Sounds like the potential for A Fulham band.
"The Cottagers'
Jamming in the Riverside after matches ?
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Horsfield_No9

I play guitar, bass, drums and sing. My album came out the week before last. For anyone whole likes Indie pop/Folk rock type stuff. The sleeve art is in black & white of course.

https://uncleluc.bandcamp.com/

uncleluc.com
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: Aaron on October 08, 2014, 03:32:16 PM
Quote from: NogoodBoyo on October 08, 2014, 03:20:33 PM
I also have a Gibson Stratocaster.

Not sure if that's a typo or not? 

Mind you, I do have a Gibson strat style thing I picked up years ago from some lad on eBay.  It's a Humbucker / Single / Humbucker configuration.  I saw Richie Sambora playing one once but have never seen one elsewhere besides..  It's achingly 1980s but I've never bothered investigating any further.

Fender.  Sorry.  You can tell how seldom are my trips around the keyboard.
Nogood "not knowing your Gibsons from your Fender Benders, isit" Boyo

absent cottager

Quote from: Two Ton Ted on October 08, 2014, 03:38:05 PM
I play bass badly in a reasonably successful punk rock band who are all Fulham fans.
Wouldn't be emergency bitter by any chance?

alfie

Wow it is amazing how many foffers have instruments and can play them and are in or were in bands. Well done everyone
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Two Ton Ted

Quote from: absent cottager on October 09, 2014, 06:45:22 AM
Quote from: Two Ton Ted on October 08, 2014, 03:38:05 PM
Wouldn't be emergency bitter by any chance?

I've heard that rumour  :54:
Never ever bloody anything ever.

Woodlawn

I was once asked to play Grand Piano       but then I found out it was in a marching band

Beamer

If it's a band we're starting put me down for paper and comb although the correct paper isn't so easy to get these days.

SP

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on October 07, 2014, 07:59:33 PM

My embarrassing talent is being able to play the bag pipes. .
I used to be in the church band and play in parades/festivals etc. I even wore a kilt!!!!

:plus one:
I auditioned a piper yesterday & the sound she made with just a bit of puff was incredible.  Would love to play them myself.

Scrumpy

Played Piano to a decent standard as a kid.

Now, not so good  :016: which can be really frustrating when I remember what I used to be able to play. Job, football, mortgage, garden, DIY leaves no time for practice.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Fernhurst

I was a quite wonderful drummer in a band called The Sonics in the sixties.
Never mastered the double para diddle but the best crash, bang, wallop merchant before Dave of The Dave Clarke Five took over my mantle.

Ok....hands up all those who saw us perform.....

Ok  .......anyone ......
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Burt

Piano and church organ. Bit out of practice, mind...

NogoodBoyo

Fernhurst, I googled The Sonics in the sixties and I found a Seattle-based band who were forerunners of the US grunge/punk movement.  I assume that's not your Sonics due to your uniform is it?
Nogood "Sonic youth, isit" Boyo

VB

Been playing Bass for many a year, in all sort's of cover bands, currently I have hung up the old bass strap and passed my Fender to my son. Also play Drums and volcals. Last band I was in was called Professor Lerxst and the Dirk Dogs (Rush cover band).

This is VB 092.gif 092.gif
FULHAMISH: The more things change, The more they stay the same

Fernhurst

Fernhurst, I googled The Sonics in the sixties and I found a Seattle-based band who were forerunners of the US grunge/punk movement.  I assume that's not your Sonics due to your uniform is it?
Nogood "Sonic youth, isit" Boyo

Hello Boyo
I can confirm.... That was not us ......local area band who reached the dizzy heights of 4th on the bill at a Moody Blues gig..... Before splitting up over professional differences.  :drums:
Fernhurst "discrepancy in the petrol money is it" Boyo
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.