watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Roy is a bright man

Started by blingo, June 29, 2010, 03:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

I can not for the life of me understand WHY he would want to go to Liverpool. :020:

Take out Gerrard and Torres and they are a VERY average premiership side. Now WHERE is the money going to come from to buy, when they have so much debt?????

BIG BIG mistake Roy, stay with the club that thinks the world of you.

JBH

I have asked the club to come out and tell us the truth but they won't comment on Rumours and just state that Roy is still contracted to FFC.

So it looks like he is definiately off to scouseland.

If that is the case then like you I think it will be the last thing he will do because Liverpool want CL football not a stable side capable of getting into the top 6.

Don't do it RH you know deep down that its a Disaster Waiting To Happen  :032:

Admin

If Roy was going this week and he was 100% going by Thursday-Friday the club would have come out with something official by now trust me. In fact, because of the time factors, the club would have put Roy on gardening leave whilst they persued a new manager.

All of this doesn't make sense. Fulham would NOT wait for Liverpool but if they have, they are stupid. Fulham would NOT also wait for Roy. He is not god ( OK some may differ) and any club would be stupid to say "Tell you what Roy, you stay on the pay roll until you're comfortable to go to Liverpool once you're 100% happy they have the transfer budgets and that the jobs for you. Don't worry Roy, there's no rush."

WHAT A LOAD OF BOLLOX!!!!!

I'm sorry but with all the sh1t going on up there, Roy would have wanted to be behind the desk straight after the World Cup and I'm sure Fulham would have wanted their new guy in by now as well. I smell a rat, a great big dirty rat and some things ain't adding up..

TheDaddy

Quote from: Admin on June 29, 2010, 03:36:02 PM
If Roy was going this week and he was 100% going by Thursday-Friday the club would have come out with something official by now trust me. In fact, because of the time factors, the club would have put Roy on gardening leave whilst they persued a new manager.

All of this doesn't make sense. Fulham would NOT wait for Liverpool but if they have, they are stupid. Fulham would NOT also wait for Roy. He is not god ( OK some may differ) and any club would be stupid to say "Tell you what Roy, you stay on the pay roll until you're comfortable to go to Liverpool once you're 100% happy they have the transfer budgets and that the jobs for you. Don't worry Roy, there's no rush."

WHAT A LOAD OF BOLLOX!!!!!

I'm sorry but with all the sh1t going on up there, Roy would have wanted to be behind the desk straight after the World Cup and I'm sure Fulham would have wanted their new guy in by now as well. I smell a rat, a great big dirty rat and some things ain't adding up..
:54: Spot on Admin.
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

TonyGilroy

I'm not sure there's much the club can do. Sack Hodgson and we end up not receiving compensation and probably paying a wadge to him.

The silence is deafening and by pursuing his own agenda at the expense of the club I've lost all respect for Hodgson.

The overwhelming probability is that we've been quietly recruiting a replacement and it'll be done and dusted by the weekend. If it's Curbishley then, like most, I'll be underwhelmed.

FFCBadger

To me it appears as though Roy was the 'last resort' in regards to the Liverpool hotseat, and he doesn't appear to be a popular choice amongst the Liverpool supporters. If he does intend to leave, I hope he knows what he's giving up in contrast to the job he's taking on.

Concerning the next Fulham manager (should Roy leave) - i just hope it's not Curbishley. Apart from 3 mediocre seasons at Charlton, what's he achived? He virtually ruined West Ham by signing up average players on ludicrous salaries. No Thanks.

epsomraver

Admin, what is worrying is that the club have not put out a denial, when there has been rumours before , the club has come out and stated the truth, sorry I think this is a true story.even the BBC have got we understand............ it was said on radio 2 this morning on the sports round up.

Chopper

Quote from: TonyGilroy on June 29, 2010, 04:06:28 PM

I'm not sure there's much the club can do. Sack Hodgson and we end up not receiving compensation and probably paying a wadge to him.

The silence is deafening and by pursuing his own agenda at the expense of the club I've lost all respect for Hodgson.

The overwhelming probability is that we've been quietly recruiting a replacement and it'll be done and dusted by the weekend. If it's Curbishley then, like most, I'll be underwhelmed.

I still don't understand this loss of respect for Hodgson. I've got a huge issue with the role the media play in the modern game - far too much guessing and embellishing as far as I'm concerned. That aside, I don't see how this is different from any other club losing a successful manager. I accept now that contact has been made and there is an offer on the table but the club will be aware of that and taking steps to fill the gap. I think it's in the clubs hands to make the statement not Roy's and I doubt they'd appreciate it had he gone on MotD and said, "yes, actually Liverpool have approached me and I'm quite interested".

When the dust has settled I'll still support Fulham and I'll still like Roy.

(Agree with you about Curbishley though!)
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

SoCalJoe

Look up Roy's club/country managerial career and it reads 16 jobs in 34 years. He doesn't stay long in any one place, and the thought of being fired doesn't sway him.
You can observe a lot by just watching.

tingtawng

IN SVEN VE TVUST

tingtawng

its a scary thought, Torres at Chelsea with all the other hotshots , phew ...Drogba AND Torres !
IN SVEN VE TVUST