News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Singers you listen to now that you didn't in your long gone yoof.

Started by bog, October 09, 2014, 09:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Doris Day, Nat King Cole, Maria Callas, Matt Monroe now do it for me.

092.gif

Mince n Tatties

HatterDon

90% of the music I listen to was composed and first performed after my yoof had left me.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

The Bronsons

Johnny Cash - although I always like "A Boy Named Sue" even as a nipper.

bog

Johnny Cash me also. Much emotion in his voice. A Boy Named Sue is a classic I feel.

092.gif 

Skatzoffc

I listen to all sorts of music. A punk in my yoof. But also like everything from classical to hardcore.
My kids are the same. I like the fact they listen to everyone without any hangups. They don't have to be tied into a particular style. They just appreciate good music.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Jem

"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Forever Fulham

I mostly avoided Country artists, especially male singers.  Country was formulaic for decades, anti-intellectual, and not cool.  But I really like some of the artists I've started to explore, years after their hits were airing on not only country radio stations, but in crossover venues as well, like George Strait and Brooks & Dunn now that I've invested some time to listen.  I especially like this version of Brooks & Dunn's hit, "It's Getting Better All the Time", as performed in a televised tribute show (they were calling it quits as a duo) by Rascal Flatts.  It's better than the original.  Here:  Rascal Flatts Its getting better all the time

Now that's country music at its best.  Honest, raw, musical, and vulnerable. 

TheDaddy

Marty Robbins and the Ballard's of a Gunfighter ,
Drove me mad as a kid listening to it full blast after the old man came home from a Sunday afternoon session down the pub...
Have it on my iphone and play it regularly ...
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

LBNo11

...Edith Piaf, Dinah Washington, The Mills Brothers, The Andrews Sisters, Jim Reeves...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

andyk

I hated Tina Turner when I was a young un, hated her middle of the road cabaret type act, with her big legs churning around the stage, then a few years ago thanks to the miracle of youtube, i stumbled on this

Ike & Tina Turner - River Deep Mountain High (original 1966 promo)

Knock it out Tina, boy could you sing.

nose

Quote from: Barrett487 on October 09, 2014, 07:48:50 PM
The great Jimmy Rogers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhjDXXEcocg

now you are talking
it is one of my very favourite tracks... even with an early error little walter's harmonica playing is divine

this to my knowledge is not a greatly played track on any blues station but I don;t know why

Love it!

here is another of my personal favourites of his
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU0rBtYCIHg

Berserker

Johnny Cash, think his rendition of The Mercy Seat is up there with Nick Cave's. Also I like some of Elvis' stuff
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

CorkedHat

Ella Fitzgerald, Nina Simone, Neil Diamond, Edith Piaf, Billie Holliday, Fats Domino,
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

blingo

Nothing really, I have always had a wide taste in music, from soul and rock, to opera.