watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Continuing the theme. The wost singer, band or song to have been successfu

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, October 07, 2014, 03:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berserker

The worst band I saw when they were supporting Nick Cave  was The Hunter Gracchus, absolutely awful, actually painful to the ears. Don't know if anybody has heard of them but they are terrible.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

the nutflush

Quote from: Buffalo76 on October 10, 2014, 08:41:56 PM
Quote from: the nutflush on October 10, 2014, 10:59:19 AM
Besides 90% of the rubbish that comes out these days I will give you some old names:

Abba.  Pure dross.
Live. 
Train.
Stone Temple Pilots
The Offspring
The Spin Doctors
Bush.
Nickelback.

As you can see most of them are American.

Completely agree with Bush 100% but STP & Live? Easy tiger.   0001.gif

I forgot to add Counting Crows.  How could I forget them. " Mr Jones" makes me vomit when I hear it.  As does "blister in the sun" by Violent Femmes.

dgnffc

Forever Fulham

I hate almost all rap music.  Some music illiterate grabbing his crotch and barking out inanities about bitches, hoes, how he's treated in night clubs, what expensive vanity liquor he drinks, how everyone is afraid of him/respects him/fauns over him, how he makes a lot of money with little effort, how he's not afraid to shoot someone who gets in his way, how he's real and all others are fakes, and endless drivel of similar ilk.  It's derivative and boring.  I might feel sorry for these pathetic talentless braggadocios, but for their wholesale theft of memorable and well-constructed melody lines or famous refrains of real musical artists.   Ever since the U.S. Supreme Court's decision in Acuff-Rose, where the Court puts its stamp of approval on the "transformative test" in copyright law, these thieves have been able to steal famous note sequences from real music under the theory that the manner of new use, when combined with the rest of the rap song, constituted  'commentary and criticism' sufficient to transform the otherwise protectable earlier expression into something new and different, and thus fair use.  While  I've seen the theory play out in a defensible manner with other works by other artists, I haven't seen a justifiable use of it in rap music.  It's just theft.  Usually, the most interesting part of a famous rap song is the part they stole from real musicians.