watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Derby Match

Started by Berserker, October 12, 2014, 10:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berserker

Whose going to the Derby game? Ordered my tickets today and discovered Putney end unavailable.

Decided to get a ticket in the Hammersmith end instead. Maybe I should have tried the Johnny Haynes as never sat their before, I'll keep that for our next cup match :D
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

epsomraver

Quote from: Berserker on October 12, 2014, 10:51:32 AM
Whose going to the Derby game? Ordered my tickets today and discovered Putney end unavailable.

Decided to get a ticket in the Hammersmith end instead. Maybe I should have tried the Johnny Haynes as never sat their before, I'll keep that for our next cup match :D

We are always in the JH, not sure we want rabble from the Putney end there though :005:

terryr

Why in heavens name would you want to sit  in the Putney end next to away fans?

Berserker

Quote from: epsomraver on October 12, 2014, 11:03:39 AM

We are always in the JH, not sure we want rabble from the Putney end there though :005:
Thought you sat in the Riverside.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

epsomraver

Not that old yet! The view from the Riverside is the best in the ground, I have sat there for cup games and as a guest of Terry R , however you cannot beat the warmth of the wooden seats in the JH and that is where we have sat since all seating was introduced.The poles  do get in the way at times  but it is a unique stadium

filham

Quote from: epsomraver on October 12, 2014, 12:03:25 PM
Not that old yet! The view from the Riverside is the best in the ground, I have sat there for cup games and as a guest of Terry R , however you cannot beat the warmth of the wooden seats in the JH and that is where we have sat since all seating was introduced.The poles  do get in the way at times  but it is a unique stadium

I have also sat in the JH since all tickets were introduced and am becoming as fond of it as I was of the Hammy end terracing. The atmosphere is good and there is a sense of history about the place but those seats must present a problem to those with long legs or big bottoms, you never see any players or officials there.

bog

Got mine in the Hammersmith End.

alfie

Quote from: filham on October 12, 2014, 12:18:31 PM

I have also sat in the JH since all tickets were introduced and am becoming as fond of it as I was of the Hammy end terracing. The atmosphere is good and there is a sense of history about the place but those seats must present a problem to those with long legs or big bottoms, you never see any players or officials there.

I used to sit at the back of JH and we used to find it quite amusing when the ball was hit up above the stand trying to guess where it will land.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Scrumpy

WELCOME TO THE HAMMERSMITH END!
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

ScalleysDad

We had a similar problem in the Putney End during the Europa run but we did beat them four nil in the end.

dannyboi-ffc

I've always been in the JH stand, had a season ticket there since we went back home. Before that I stood in the enclosure. I havent been in the Putney end since it was standing and even then I only did it occasionally.

I love the JH. The view from DL is brilliant, I'm not keen on behind the goals because I'm not keen on the view. Its completely different. Only negative about the JH for me is you can't appreciate how amazing our ground is because the JH/ cottage are a major part of the experience. when ive sat in the hammy or charity matches in the riverside stand, you get a much better view of how special it is.

But i love it, cant see me ever changing my seats again. I dont understand why anyone would want to sit in the putney end? Can someone explain to me why they choose to sit there? Is it cheaper?
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

MJG

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on October 13, 2014, 12:41:56 PM

But i love it, cant see me ever changing my seats again. I dont understand why anyone would want to sit in the putney end? Can someone explain to me why they choose to sit there? Is it cheaper?
Sat there for two seasons. Partly because it was cheaper and my old man was not sure how many games he was going to make the first season we sat there.
The actual view is much better than the Putney end due to the slightly higher angle of the stand.

Also we used to park in Putney and after a couple of years in the Hammersmith end it took about 10/15 mins off the actual journey back to car as its quicker getting out of the Putney end.

There is also more room below the stands and less over crowding.

All in all a good couple of years there, but you miss the atmosphere home sections create and while it could be a pain to sit next to away fans, 99% of them were fine and gave each gamine a different feel.
Never had any problems apart from Spurs fans who are the biggest pricks in the world.