News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So I just had a chat with Rufus Brevett...

Started by JoelH5, October 15, 2014, 11:54:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BestOfBrede

Quote from: epsomraver on October 15, 2014, 05:24:41 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on October 15, 2014, 05:11:02 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on October 15, 2014, 04:21:10 PM
Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on October 15, 2014, 03:58:22 PM
No chance in my opinion. Tigana will hold fond memories with Rufus, but what has he actually done in the past 5 years to suggest he is worth bringing back.

He worked wonders with our Championship winning team, but we had the best team in the division by a country mile, so it was not the hardest task in the world to get them to play well.... He did a fantastic job, but the past is the past, and I would feel very uncomfortable with him returning with a very average squad.

He built that team or encouraged players like EVS to come to Fulham, he did not inherit the team, he created it
well, before he came we already had Maik Taylor, Rufus, Finnan, Coleman, Melville, Symons, Clark, Davis, Bayles, Goldbaek, Pesch, Riedle to name just some.

I don't think it would be wise for him to return though.

yes but it is what he did with them that is the difference, He took a failure that was Saha and transformed him, same with Hayles who was terrible beforeTigana came, talk to Sean or Rufus and they will tell you the difference he made tothem and  that team, please give him credit for what HIS Team achieved with the players, as said we played the best football ever seen at the Cottage to this day then
:plus one:
He would be good for the youngsters too. His style would suit perfectly and I for one would love to see us take the piss, football wise, once again!
Tigana would be my choice.