watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Time is a great healer but

Started by SP, October 17, 2014, 09:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

I always enjoy hearing Leeds have lost.  I didn't see the match tonight but well done Rotherham.

:beer:

epsomraver

Quote from: SP on October 17, 2014, 09:43:33 PM
I always enjoy hearing Leeds have lost.  I didn't see the match tonight but well done Rotherham.

:beer:
:plus one: :plus one: :plus one:

Barrett487

Agree but the immediate hill we climb looks steeper

epsomraver

Doesn't matter, if you are of the generation your pic says you are you would understand

yatewhite

Yeah, funny how these things stay with you. I hated the Leeds team of the late 60s/70s under Revie, hated Bremner, Giles, Hunter etc. They were a great team but a team that, for the neutral, were a bunch of cynical, dirty bastards who alienated all true football fans. I still hate them!

HatterDon

Quote from: yatewhite on October 17, 2014, 11:36:00 PM
Yeah, funny how these things stay with you. I hated the Leeds team of the late 60s/70s under Revie, hated Bremner, Giles, Hunter etc. They were a great team but a team that, for the neutral, were a bunch of cynical, dirty bastards who alienated all true football fans. I still hate them!

Funny, I thought that same side played the best football in Europe during that period. It seems strange to see Giles listed as a hard guy. Of course, I watched them play and didn't read the book or see the movie that has convince an entire generation of an evaluation that just isn't true.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

filham

Quote from: HatterDon on October 18, 2014, 12:51:07 AM

Funny, I thought that same side played the best football in Europe during that period. It seems strange to see Giles listed as a hard guy. Of course, I watched them play and didn't read the book or see the movie that has convince an entire generation of an evaluation that just isn't true.

Sure that Leeds team played some very good football and ha some class players but the foundation for it was a really tough and ruthless approach to all matches.

epsomraver

Quote from: HatterDon on October 18, 2014, 12:51:07 AM

They won mainly because they intimidated their opponents, they were dirty in what was then  a much more physical game and their fans were as now mostly morons and bullies. One of the few opposition fans to cause trouble at the cottage in the early 60,s Hated them then, still do