more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Help needed for first visit (this season) to the Cottage next Saturday

Started by flirpit, December 14, 2014, 03:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flirpit

Hello all,

I'm making the trip over from Miami for xmas to see my family, and obviously Fulham. I'm coming to the Sheff Wed game next week but have a slight problem. My flight gets into Gatwick at 12.30, I'll need to come straight to the Cottage but I'm sure they won't let me take my bag in. Can anyone propose somewhere that would let me store my bag and pick it up after the game?

Thanks!

049:gif :merry christmas: 049:gif
@garthurabbott

gang

I think there is an area in a school nearby that is used for bags, contact the club to check.

Shredhead

Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

fulhamfootiechick

It would be very sad if some who lives close to the ground couldn't help out a another Fulham fan from abroad . I remember Flirpit posting from Germany ??? Come on folks it's storing a bag or suitcase for a few hours . I once helped an American fan  get a ticket purely because I couldn't believe we had someone from America wanting to come watch us . Trust me , that very small favor has helped me out tenfold , and I have met a fan I'm very proud to call a mate . Come on do a very small favor , help this true fan out . Ying  and yang and all that crap.

ScalleysDad

Good luck with customs and passport control. You will need either of the two fast services that will get you to Clapham Junction. One only stops at CJ before London and another stops at East Croydon and CJ. If you are on the latter it goes into East Croydon on platform one. Stay on that platform and a CJ bound train will follow in a couple of minutes. I hope its not a big bag as you will need to cross about ten platforms at CJ to get to platforms 5 and 6 and options to Putney. Even if its around 2.15 you could still make it on time but don't dawdle down the High Street.
If Footie Chicks plan comes to fruition good luck with that as well but the school works for me when I have used it. Have to say ruck sacks regularly get in now although it will be searched and a jobs worth steward might turn you back. I'm not sure they will delay kick off for you though. 

flirpit

Thanks all, very helpful I didn't know about the left luggage. Customs & passport control are the lottery in this situation, fingers crossed. Also, my parents have decided to take pity on me and it looks like they will meet me at Gatwick and pick up my bag leaving me free to breeze into London!

Footie chick - great memory, I was out in Germany on my year abroad in uni a few years back when we had the Europa run (perfect timing). I moved out to the States in 2012 and since have managed to watch Fulham in Costa Rica and Jacksonville but unfortunately on far too few occasions at the cottage.
@garthurabbott

Wingnut

Quote from: flirpit on December 15, 2014, 02:13:31 PM
Customs & passport control are the lottery in this situation, fingers crossed.

Which terminal are you coming through? South Terminal is generally ok at the time of the day, on a Saturday.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

copthornemike

Quote from: flirpit on December 14, 2014, 03:12:07 PM
Hello all,

I'm making the trip over from Miami for xmas to see my family, and obviously Fulham. I'm coming to the Sheff Wed game next week but have a slight problem. My flight gets into Gatwick at 12.30, I'll need to come straight to the Cottage but I'm sure they won't let me take my bag in. Can anyone propose somewhere that would let me store my bag and pick it up after the game?

Thanks!

049:gif :merry christmas: 049:gif
Hope you have a great day - but you will find it takes a while to get through security / passport control so you will be cutting it fine.
Here are details about luggage storage taken from the club site:
http://www.fulhamfc.com/help/faq/pregame-experience#leftluggage