https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

20,000 + attendance today

Started by Jimpav, October 18, 2014, 06:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Fulham76 on October 19, 2014, 10:50:28 AM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on October 19, 2014, 10:37:10 AM
3900 Norwich plus the odd one in adjoining blocks. Actually looked a bigger crowd than the official 20,700 odd. Sit right in the corner of the Hammersmith end and rows that have been practically empty all season were reasonably full, JH looked full. Wonder where the 5000 empty seats were??.
Spoke to a QPR mate and he said they're a bit annoyed that our crowds have generally held up quite well, they thought given our league position we'd be getting about 12,000.
Reckon if we weren't languishing near the bottom yesterday could've been 23-24k

If our league form continues to pick up I think we could be averaging about 20k. The bigger games there might be the odd sell out as well.

Yep you could be right mate, Brighton,Brentford ,Leeds and Sheff Wed should all be 20,000 +. Be interesting to see how many we give them, Leeds and Brentford could practically fill the Putney end. Brentford is an evening kick off on a bank holiday, very iffy

fulhamben

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on October 19, 2014, 11:34:34 AM
Quote from: Fulham76 on October 19, 2014, 10:50:28 AM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on October 19, 2014, 10:37:10 AM
3900 Norwich plus the odd one in adjoining blocks. Actually looked a bigger crowd than the official 20,700 odd. Sit right in the corner of the Hammersmith end and rows that have been practically empty all season were reasonably full, JH looked full. Wonder where the 5000 empty seats were??.
Spoke to a QPR mate and he said they're a bit annoyed that our crowds have generally held up quite well, they thought given our league position we'd be getting about 12,000.
Reckon if we weren't languishing near the bottom yesterday could've been 23-24k

If our league form continues to pick up I think we could be averaging about 20k. The bigger games there might be the odd sell out as well.

Yep you could be right mate, Brighton,Brentford ,Leeds and Sheff Wed should all be 20,000 +. Be interesting to see how many we give them, Leeds and Brentford could practically fill the Putney end. Brentford is an evening kick off on a bank holiday, very iffy
all day drinking, I'll be there this one.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Neil D

I notice that the programme gives the away attendance (tickets sold, I suppose) for all the previous games.  I hadn't seen this before.  So, I suppose we'll know exactly (apart from Norwich fans seated outside of the away enclosure - there were quite a few in the 'neutral' area) when the next programme is published.  Millwall, unsurprisingly, have brought the most support with 3929 up to yesterday.

Johnh

Nice to see our attendance well above the 18000 qpr had against Liverpool today

The Enclosurite

3950 according to Football Away Days on twitter.
¡COYW!

HatterDon

I thought I heard Sean say 7,000 yesterday, but I could have mis-heard or he could have mis-spoken. If the majority of those were indeed Fulham, then things are definitely looking up.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Fulham76

Quote from: Johnh on October 19, 2014, 06:24:29 PM

At least 5,000 Liverpool at that dump today, and a few neutrals on top.

Shredhead

Quote from: Berserker on October 19, 2014, 11:23:21 AM
Quote from: Shredhead on October 18, 2014, 10:54:59 PM
Well the only time I saw a Fulham and opposition fan starting a fight last year was at the Norwich game. The police had to protect the Fulham guy, the Norwich fan looked well hard.
Really?  Had the Fulham fan pinched his cuttle fish?
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Burt

Quote from: HatterDon on October 19, 2014, 09:43:00 PM
I thought I heard Sean say 7,000 yesterday, but I could have mis-heard or he could have mis-spoken. If the majority of those were indeed Fulham, then things are definitely looking up.

Nowhere near that Don. They had most of the Putney End but by no means all of it. 4,000 tops.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Burt on October 20, 2014, 01:46:54 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on October 19, 2014, 09:43:00 PM

Nowhere near that Don. They had most of the Putney End but by no means all of it. 4,000 tops.

Where has this 7000 come from??, According to the NCFC official twitter they sold 3950. They were given an extra block from the usual 2990

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Fulham76 on October 19, 2014, 10:09:20 PM
Quote from: Johnh on October 19, 2014, 06:24:29 PM

At least 5,000 Liverpool at that dump today, and a few neutrals on top.

Be great if that was true mate but unfortunately Liverpool only got 1900 tickets in the top tier

SP

Post on TIFF suggests 18,500 already sold for Friday night, it would be great to break 20K.  Surprised CAFC haven't shifted their 3,000 allocation yet?

Scrumpy

Quote from: SP on October 22, 2014, 07:53:08 PM
Post on TIFF suggests 18,500 already sold for Friday night, it would be great to break 20K.  Surprised CAFC haven't shifted their 3,000 allocation yet?
I think we'll just drop short of 20k on Friday, but still a decent crowd and larger than the Loftus Road capacity. Hope I'm wrong, of course.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

bucksfulham

Quote from: SP on October 22, 2014, 07:53:08 PM
Saw that they have only restricted view seats left in heir allocation so pretty much a sell out for the Putney end

HillingdonFFC

Fair play to Charlton, if we were flying high I reckon we would struggle to shift 3000 for a Friday night game

SP

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on October 22, 2014, 09:14:46 PM
Fair play to Charlton, if we were flying high I reckon we would struggle to shift 3000 for a Friday night game

Even in the lean years there was always a decent turn out for CAFC away.  Think there could be a scramble for tickets this year.