watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Shahid Khan flies in to make appointment at Craven Cottage

Started by SouthWest6, October 23, 2014, 06:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthWest6

Kit Symons close to Fulham job as chairman Shahid Khan flies in to make appointment at Craven Cottage

Fulham chairman Shahid Khan will arrive from America next week appoint new manager, with current caretaker boss Kit Symons the leading contender

Fulham chairman Shahid Khan is ready to fly in from America next week to finally appoint a new manager, with Kit Symons the leading contender to take charge.

Symons will be given another chance to secure the position in Friday night's home game against Charlton as he attempts to move the club out of the Championship relegation zone.

The 43-year-old has won four of his seven matches since replacing Felix Magath last month and Fulham are poised to make an appointment after the Capital One Cup tie against Derby on Tuesday night.

Khan is expected to arrive in England next week as Fulham's five-man panel, including Danny Murphy, Niall Quinn and Brian McBride, reach the conclusion of their extensive search for Magath's permanent successor. Steve Clarke and Chris Hughton are also in contention but caretaker manager Symons is believed to be closing in on the job.

A former player and coach at Craven Cottage, Symons will have his future finally sorted next week when Khan is presented with the results of the panel's search.

"I just have to keep going. I want the job, that's not going to change, hopefully I will get it soon," he said. "Until I am told otherwise, I will keep my head down and keep working hard. I am loving every minute of it and long may it last.

"It feels like I've been doing this job for ages and we've been getting great results and we're still third from bottom. It's unbelievable really.

"Ultimately we are where we are so we need to get out of there sharpish. We will and when we do, it will be a fantastic feeling for everyone connected with the club. There's a strong belief now. Getting out of the bottom three will be massive and hopefully it will come on Friday night."

Fulham have been determined to bide their time before making an appointment, following difficult experiences with Magath and his predecessor Rene Meulensteen.

Magath's unpopular reign was ended after the club secured only one point from their opening seven games, leaving bottom of the Championship.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/fulham/11183094/Kit-Symons-close-to-Fulham-job-as-chairman-Shahid-Khan-flies-in-to-make-appointment-at-Craven-Cottage.html

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I wouldn't be surprised if he's not wandering about behind the Riverside tomorrow, chatting to eveyone, he has a habit of appearing.
Remember him at Palace where he appeared in a tiny gap in the stands  :0)
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

YankeeJim

Perhaps he'll show up at the Lion. From what I've heard, they can use some help in the customer relations department.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

BedsFFC

Quote from: YankeeJim on October 23, 2014, 08:52:30 PM
Perhaps he'll show up at the Lion. From what I've heard, they can use some help in the customer relations department.

He won't go there. They brought Felix Magath in as customer relations manager

BestOfBrede

If he goes In there I hope he doesn't want a pee!

shnlwswlkr

Probably flying over cos the week after the jaguars are over.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

SouthWest6

To be honest, Anne has got her stuff together, and the Lion isn't that bad of a place these days.

Logicalman

Good to finally see the press coming out in favor of Kit, rather than the crap journos who try to think up the best name they can and then claim they're 'in contention'.

Go on Khan, do what the faithful want you to do, win or lose against Charlton, let Kit take the job, he has the team and & fans behind him, and he bleeds Fulham like the rest of us.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

filham

Today's Telegraph reports that Shahid Khan is set to fly from America next week to appoint the new Fulham manager.

So surely a good win tonight and the job should belong to Kit.

Let us all be sure to give the team our best support tonight.

FFCAli

It may happen next week but the reason Khan is coming to London is that the Jacksonville Jaguars are playing at Wembley on Sunday.

fulhamben

Quote from: FFCAli on October 24, 2014, 05:06:40 PM
It may happen next week but the reason Khan is coming to London is that the Jacksonville Jaguars are playing at Wembley on Sunday.
are they? not a fan of nfl but im sure it was the falcons and some other team playing, not the jags
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

sunburywhite

Sun 26 Oct
Detroit Lions at Atlanta Falcons  13:30 PM GMT

Sun09 Nov
Dallas Cowboys v Jacksonville Jaguars 
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

grandad

Quote from: SouthWest6 on October 23, 2014, 10:18:58 PM
To be honest, Anne has got her stuff together, and the Lion isn't that bad of a place these days.

I remember the old Supporters Club meetings upstairs.
Where there's a will there's a wife

ron

Quote from: BestOfBrede on October 23, 2014, 09:57:39 PM
If he goes In there I hope he doesn't want a pee!

Billionaires and Royalty, so they tell me, have transcended the bodily functions of we mere mortals, so luckily he wouldn't have to run the gauntlet of visiting the GL bog.

win-dup

Quote from: grandad on October 24, 2014, 05:49:22 PM
Quote from: SouthWest6 on October 23, 2014, 10:18:58 PM

I remember the old Supporters Club meetings upstairs.

So do I Grandad. Remember the Barrons who ran the pub at the time and met my heroes Bedford Jezzard, Johnny Haynes and Jimmy Hill there one time.

crazycottager

i think the job belongs to kit after tonight's result!

Deanothefulhamfan

If Kit does not get the job, I will be disgusted.... Our club have been a circus for too long, this would trump them all though if he does not get the job. If it was any other club there would not be a discussion, but Fulham have made some stupid decisions the past year, so I am not going to hold my breath, that they make another major balls up.

If they don't appoint kit, and he leaves..... There will be protests outside CC, and I think Khan and the committee will feel the backlash for a very long time.

ron

Anyone watching the positive angle the Sky match coverage and the following Kit Symons interview put on him would surely expect the confirmation of his appointment as permanent manager to come over the weekend.

The threat of having to start again by taking pot luck with some random wally from outside is almost too much to bear.

filham

The Telegraph this morning is suggesting that Khan is going to be over here the week after next so we may have to waite a little longer for Kit's appointment.

Just look at how our championship points have been acquired this season:-

Felix played 7 points 1
Kit    played 7 points 13

No discussion is needed the figures speak for themselves so Khan should save the travel costs and just send an e mail immediately so that we can go into the next match with a permanent manager.