more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunday Fulham Stuff (26/10/14)...

Started by WhiteJC, October 26, 2014, 07:56:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

U21s Host Liverpool

Fulham Under-21s entertain their Liverpool counterparts at Motspur Park on Sunday (12pm), looking to build on their positive result last time out.

Last week Peter Grant's boys went two goals down to local rivals Chelsea, but earned a point courtesy of Thomas Eisfeld's double – the second of which was a fine volley.

Liverpool currently sit one place and two points below the Whites in the Barclays U21 Premier League, although they do have a game in hand on their opponents.

The Reds suffered a 3-1 home defeat against Southampton in their previous outing, and their record to date reads: two wins, a draw, and two defeats.

The two sides met late on in the league last season at Craven Cottage, as goals from Ange-Freddy Plumain and Lasse Vigen Christensen earned the Whites a 2-1 win which saw them leapfrog the Merseyside outfit in the standings.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/october/25/u21s-host-liverpool?

WhiteJC

Sky Bet Championship: Kit Symons 'confident' he will be made Fulham's next manager

Kit Symons is "very confident" he will be made Fulham's next permanent manager.

The former Craven Cottage defender made it five wins out of eight games in caretaker charge as his side blew Charlton away 3-0 in the Sky Bet Championship on Friday night.

Fulham had previously taken just one point from seven matches under Felix Magath, but they are now out of the drop zone for the first time this season and up to the dizzying heights of 19th.

The players want Symons in charge, as do the fans, but chairman Shahid Khan - who has put together a five-man committee to identify a new manager - still seems in no hurry to make the appointment.

However, Khan is due back in the country over the next fortnight when he could finally take what appears the easiest of decisions.

And Symons said: "I haven't checked my phone yet but I am very confident I'll get it. It has to be getting more difficult, with the team winning games, for the five-man panel not to see the obvious thing to do for this football club.

"The chairman is over the week after next. I don't know what to expect, I understand the process but not when a decision will be made or how it will come about.

"Hopefully we'll find out sooner rather than later."

Scott Parker opened the scoring against his old club after six minutes, latching onto Chris Solly's wayward pass and playing in Ross McCormack before smashing the return ball in off the crossbar.

Hugo Rodallega doubled the lead when he snaffled the rebound after Stephen Henderson had palmed out McCormack's half-volley.

Charlton, who had previously lost just once all season, improved after the break but could not find a way back into the match, with Marcus Bettinelli saving well from George Tucudean's header and Franck Moussa firing wide.

Instead Fulham wrapped up the victory, and sent another emphatic message to Khan, when Lasse Vigen Christensen set up Rodallega for the third.

Addicks boss Bob Peeters, whose side missed the chance to move to within a point of Championship leaders Derby, said: "Solly played the ball into the centre and they punished us.

"So we said 'okay, keep on doing the same things and create chances', but then we do the same thing on the left and they punished us again.

"At half-time we changed the system and there was only one team on the pitch. If we score we are back in the game, and we had more attempts on goal than in our last five or six games put together.

"Everyone gave their maximum in the second half but it's about scoring the goals and that is what we lacked."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11688/9533053?

WhiteJC

Fulham 3 Charlton 0

The case for Kit Symons to be appointed as the permanent new manager of Fulham Football Club gathered further momentum last night with a hard fought 3-0 win over Charlton Athletic.

The game was as good as wrapped up in the first quarter of an hour when Scott Parker and Hugo Rodallega scored. The icing was put on the cake late on when Rodallega got his second goal of the game.

Speaking afterwards, Symons had this to say about the performance, commenting to the media,

'We were dominant in the first half, Charlton came out of the blocks in the second half but we stood up to the test. We defended a lot of corners. Before we would have conceded to corners but we defended well this time."

'A professional performance was needed. There was no need for us to go chasing the game at 2-0 up, we probably sat back a little too much but to Charlton's credit they came at us."

'We knew we had to soak up the pressure but we knew we could catch them on the counter. Hugo Rodallega, Scott Parker and Bryan Ruiz did not play on Tuesday and they showed great energy tonight.'

Onwards and upwards as they say!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=374648#ixzz3HEgY1bTu

WhiteJC

Parker Backs Symons

Last night, at Craven Cottage, Fulham got the win they needed, a win that moved them out of the relegation zone.

The win was inspired by an early goal from our captain Scott Parker, something I pleaded for, after all Scott was playing against a former club, in the build up to the match.

After the game, Scott gave his opinion on the performance whilst also adding his name to the Kit Symons for manager list, remarking,

'We came out of the traps really quickly and we were excellent in the first half. But the second half we were very disappointing, very poor and we need to sort that out.'

'Results are key and Kit Symons is getting them. I speak for everyone here and say that he is the right man for the job.'

As we`ve said before, it`ll be a travesty if Kit isn`t given the job on a full-time basis.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=374650#ixzz3HEgnOdGn

WhiteJC

Fulham will 'assess' Rodallega injury today
by DAN on OCTOBER 25, 2014

Fulham will assess Hugo Rodallega's fitness this morning after the striker limped off in the closing stages of last night's win over Charlton Athletic.

The Colombian forward settled the London derby with a clinical brace but pulled up with an injury just a matter of minutes after scoring his second and was replaced by teenage midfielder Patrick Roberts. The former Wigan striker has been troubled by a knee complaint and caretaker manager Kit Symons says the club's medical staff will ascertain the extent of the problem with a view to deciding whether Rodallega will be fit to face Derby on Tuesday in the Capital One Cup.

He had a little knock that he's been carrying. It's nothing too bad. We'll assess it in the morning.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2014/10/fulham-will-assess-rodallega-injury-today/?

WhiteJC

Parker says Symons is 'right man for the job'

Fulham skipper Scott Parker insisted that caretaker manager Kit Symons was 'the right man for the job' after the Whites moved out of the Championship relegation zone with a 3-0 win over Charlton Athletic on Friday.

Parker, who began his career with the Addicks, got Fulham off the perfect start by smashing home his second goal of the season from six yards out in the sixth minute and the home side made sure of all three points after a brace from Hugo Rodallega. Whilst the midfielder was delighted with the swift start from his side, he was less enamoured with the way Fulham appeared to sit back and let the visitors seize the initiative in the second half.

Parker told Sky Sports after the final whistle:

We came out of the traps really quickly and we were excellent in the first half. But the second half we were very disappointing, very poor and we need to sort that out.

Results are key and Kit Symons is getting them. I speak for everyone here when I say that he is the right man for the job.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2014/10/parker-says-symons-is-right-man-for-the-job/?

WhiteJC

Matt Smith reacts to Fulham win v Charlton Athletic in Championship

Matt Smith is delighted with Fulham's 3-0 home win against Charlton Athletic in the Championship on Friday.

Fulham forward Matt Smith has expressed his delight with his side's comprehensive victory over Charlton Athletic in the Championship on Friday.

Scott Parker gave the Cottagers the lead after just six minutes and Hugo Rodallega doubled the advantage only minutes later.

Rodallega found the target again a minute from full time to wrap up a comfortable 3-0 victory for Fulham over their London rivals at Craven Cottage.

The win saw Fulham move out of the Championship relegation zone and boosted the chances of caretaker-manager Kit Symons being named the full-time boss.

After the match, Smith, who joined Fulham from Leeds United on transfer deadline day, took to social networking site Twitter to revel in his side's victory.

Fulham are currently 19th in the Championship table with 14 points from as many matches, three points above the relegation zone.

Will Fulham finish in the top six of the Championship this season? Or will they suffer relegation?

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/10/25/matt-smith-reacts-to-fulham-win-v-charlton-athletic-in-champions/?

WhiteJC

Hugo: Bond Is Strong

Hugo Rodallega praised Fulham's togetherness after Friday night's emphatic 3-0 London derby win over Charlton Athletic.

After Scott Parker had put the Whites in front against his former club, Colombian Rodallega added a second soon after.

Charlton improved after the break but Rodallega made sure of the points late on with his fifth goal of the season.

"When you win, everyone is happy in the dressing room," he told the official website. "Everyone enjoyed the moment and it's very important we won as we moved up in the table and out of the relegation zone.

"Now we have to keep going. We won 3-0 and everyone played well, especially in the first half. The second half was a little more difficult, Charlton played at a quicker tempo. But sometimes we have to defend and we did."

Rodallega fired home from close range for his first after Stephen Henderson could only parry Ross McCormack's shot.

His second was class as he received a pass from Lasse Vigen Christensen, tricked a Charlton defender and curled a left-footed effort past Henderson.

"For the first one, I just stood in the middle of the goal," explained Hugo. "Ross shot with his left foot and the goalkeeper gave me a rebound.

"The second one, it was a good pass from Lasse. I passed the ball behind me, the defender went to the right and I scored with my left. It was a nice goal. When I scored that, the game was finished."

After a shaky start to the season, things are on the up in SW6. The strong spirit within the group was evident by the way the whole team celebrated each goal.

"We're a family group," said Rodallega. "We have to keep showing that passion and the support of the fans is unbelievable. I feel so at home here."

Shortly after his second, Rodallega departed the action and headed down the tunnel. He ensured there was nothing to be concerned about, however, adding: "I felt a bit of cramp and there were two minutes left so I thought it was better for me. If I'd tried to keep going I might have picked up an injury."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/october/25/hugo-post-charlton?

WhiteJC

The Cottagers Eat Charlton.

A little bit of Cottage History.

Our best ever win over Fulham goes back to 1928 when on Saturday 6th of April we beat the Cottagers 2-5 on their own patch. A feat we were not to repeat until 1968/69 season when this time at the Valley - Saturday November the 30th we trounced them 5-3. Back in those days our teams featured players such as Keith Peacock and Eddie Firmany who later became manager. The teams also included, if my memory serves me right, Phil Warman and our legend Colin Powell who most of us know as our grounds man. Sadly he had to retire. In 58 games between us and the Cottagers, Fulham won 15 with us winning 12 we lost 6 each with Fulham drawing 19 with the Addicks. One might say very evenly contested, but this does not include cup games.

Fulham is stooped in history. In the past they featured many legendary players which older supporters of this club would instantly recognised, but sadly are not with us anymore. The roll call is as follows:

Joe Bacuzzi. This stylish full-back who was almost 40 when he retired in 1956 after nearly 300 appearances for the club.
Maurice Cook, a bustling old fashioned striker with a nose for a goal. He contributed to Fulham`s cause and was often underrated.
Jim Hammond, known as the 'Galloping Hairpin` because of his unusual physique. The pacey Jim Hammond was a born goal scorer with a fierce shot.
Bedford Jezzard was a typically English centre-forward. Bedford was a powerful header of the ball who could also score with his feet. He took over the Cottagers hot seat in 1958-64.
Arthur Stevens became only the third player to score a century of goals for the club, a remarkable feat for a winger.
Johnny Haynes. Quite simply Fulham`s best-ever player. Johnny Haynes was one of British Footballers` outstanding inside-forwards and first ever £100 footballer.
George Best. One of the greatest footballers of all time. George Best scored some remarkable goals during his time with the Cottagers.
Sir Bobby Robson. Two spells as a player and one as a manager set Sir Bobby Robson on the road to national and international success.
Alec Stock took Fulham to Wembley for the FA cup final with West Ham Utd that had in its team the late Bobby Moore. The Cottagers lost 2-0 but nevertheless, it guaranteed Alec Stock legendary status.
Ray Hartford was virtually unknown when he joined Fulham`s backroom staff 1981, but he also became a legend at the club.

Those who are old enough whether Fulham or Charlton supporters, would agree with me, the Cottagers have been blessed with some remarkable players that made this north of the Thames club what it is today.

The Pie Men

The curse in front of the cameras has again showed us that our team`s frailty to perform to the full potential that their league position suggests. Fulham came out the starting gates with intent. Our team could not deal with the passing game and paid the ultimate price for not closing down both attacks that led to the opening goals within twelve minutes. Parker and co-passed the ball around as if we were not part of this game, consequently it was no surprise that we conceded two quick goals scored by Parker and his strike partner Rodallega who later added a third.

Peeters is in favour of giving youth a chance, but if we have to rely on young players such as Bulot, Tucudean, Moussa and even Cousins, then we are going to find ourselves going nowhere, because most of the time, particularly in the first half, they were chasing shadows.

It hurts me to have to be blunt about our team, especially on the showing of the first half. Not one of our players showed any class and made the cottagers look more like a team at the top of the division rather than were they are. The response in the second half was much better. We were a different team. We passed with precision, we found players in the space were they should be. With Bikey doing his defensive role and Jackson marshalling his players in midfield in spite of receiving a bang on the eye after only twenty six minutes into the game. We pushed forward and looked like a team that might just get something out of this game. With fifteen corners to Fulham`s one surely we should have scored at least one of them.

Karlan Ahearne-Grant was introduced to the mix and made an immediate impact. This young man has the hunger that sadly is lacking in some of his colleagues. His contribution was priceless and should be applauded by his team mates. Although our second half was more productive, it was too little too late. Only one meaningful shot came from Wilson that had the keeper beaten only to see the ball come off the post and roll across the goal line when only the slightest of touches would have seen us at least get a consolation. But instead of us getting a deserved goal, Fulham went up the other end and added insult to injury by scoring another goal from Rodallega to seal the pie with an unbreakable crust.

The overall result does not reflect what our second half performance deserves. But a game of football is for ninety minutes and not forty-five. It is all very well giving hundred percent in a second half after the game is already lost by some woeful game-play in the first twenty, the team is always going to chase shadows. I have already outlined my feelings on yesterday`s performance, it needs to be addressed. We had some key players out but that is no excuse for not giving a game worthy for spectators that pay good money to see. The curse of live television has again embarrassed us. We need to regroup and be professionals.

Read more: http://www.charlton.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=374667#ixzz3HEijI36q

WhiteJC

Rodallega eases injury worries

Hugo Rodallega has eased any Fulham fears over the nature of his injury sustained in the closing stages of last night's win over Charlton Athletic – by insisting he was temporarily afflicted by cramp.

The Colombian striker was substituted just minutes after he settled the London derby with his second goal of the evening and, although Fulham were due to check on his condition today, he revealed that there was no lasting damage.

I felt a bit of cramp and there were two minutes left so I thought it was better for me. If I'd tried to keep going I might have picked up an injury

The former Wigan forward revealed that the mentality of the Fulham squad has completely changed since Kit Symons took over from the sacked Felix Magath in September.

When you win, everyone is happy in the dressing room. Everyone enjoyed the moment and it's very important we won as we moved up in the table and out of the relegation zone.

Now we have to keep going. We won 3-0 and everyone played well, especially in the first half. The second half was a little more difficult, Charlton played at a quicker tempo. But sometimes we have to defend and we did.

We're a family group. We have to keep showing that passion and the support of the fans is unbelievable. I feel so at home here.

Rodallega moved into top spot in the Fulham scoring charts with a brace against the Addicks but his goals were polar opposites.

For the first one, I just stood in the middle of the goal. Ross shot with his left foot and the goalkeeper gave me a rebound.

The second one, it was a good pass from Lasse. I passed the ball behind me, the defender went to the right and I scored with my left. It was a nice goal. When I scored that, the game was finished.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2014/10/rodallega-eases-injury-worries/?

WhiteJC

Fulham sign Binfield FC youngster

A BINFIELD FC youngster has taken his first step towards a professional future after securing a two-year contract with Championship outfit Fulham FC.

Jonathon Page, below centre, joined Binfield as a four-year-old, and has progressed through the age groups ever since.

After being spotted playing for Binfield U13 Lions against his teammates at a Binfield tournament, he completed a trial at Fulham and was subsequently offered a contract, which has now been accepted.

Page was a key member of the Binfield U13s Lions side, and his manager has praised his young star following the news.

"Jonathon has been a key-member of the squad for a long time and made a real name for himself with his unique style of play," said Ryan Ray. "Despite being of a very high standard he was always quick to try and help those who were less able than him.

"He is a player who will be missed by the team and players as he was a popular amongst the group, but he leaves us with our full support and a genuine wish for him to succeed in his quest.

"The opportunity should be an example for any aspiring footballer who still has that dream. If you're playing good football in a good environment with a good team and club ethic, then you will get spotted."

- See more at: http://www.bracknellnews.co.uk/sport/football/articles/2014/10/25/104774-fulham-sign-binfield-fc-youngster/?#sthash.bGDdyoGL.dpuf

WhiteJC

Trott On

Marcello Trotta is battling once again to break into the Fulham team but his best bet of first-team football for the foreseeable future looks to be another loan away from Craven Cottage.

Ross McCormack and Matt Smith joining the club in the summer has pushed the Italian U21 international further down the pecking order with the club.

As Kit Symons, a nailed on certainty to become our next manager, can't give him the first team assurances he would like Trotta's been made aware that he's free to go out on loan again.

Brentford have basically had him on loan for the past two League 1 seasons so maybe they could be an option again with him testing himself at Championship level with them this time round?

Symons says that interest from clubs has been shown and once the right offer comes in the 22-year-old will be on his way again, which is best for all parties really isn't it?

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=374743#ixzz3HEjvh4N0

WhiteJC

Just A Matter Of Time

You know that Kit Symons should get the Fulham job; I know that he should get the Fulham job and not even Symons himself believes it's just a matter of time before it's officially his.

A measly one point from the first seven-games of the season under Felix Magath before he was eventually sacked has seen a complete contrast under Symons with us collecting our fifth win in eight games as we romped to a 3-0 win over Charlton on Friday.

The only one that isn't in a hurry to make this appointment is chairman Shahid Khan!

As we know has instructed a five-man committee to identify his new manager but he's not got any further to look now has he!

Symons is still awaiting the phone call but is now confident it'll come to say he's got the job, he's just not sure when but hopes it'll be sooner rather than later, commenting to the media after that win.

"I haven't checked my phone yet but I am very confident I'll get it. It has to be getting more difficult, with the team winning games, for the five-man panel not to see the obvious thing to do for this football club.

"The chairman is over the week after next. I don't know what to expect, I understand the process but not when a decision will be made or how it will come about.

"Hopefully we'll find out sooner rather than later."

It'll be nice to Khan to be personally around to be in the photos with Symons when he's confirmed, but is it really necessary? We all know that he's our next manager now anyway don't we and if he doesn't get this there's something seriously wrong!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=374744#ixzz3HEkIG000

WhiteJC

A Tale of Two Kits.

Fulham 3 - Charlton Athletic 0

"How many books can we borrow?"

After winning 3 points on Tuesday night, Charlton headed West to the the comfy part of Hammersmith for a tear up with Hugh Grant, Nigel Havers etc etc.

As would be expected for a game so close to home, Charlton sold out the visiting supporters allocation and while being in fine voice, were not treated to anything like the result we would have hoped for.

Pre game, in The Lazy Fox, just around the corner from Chelsea's Stamford Bridge, I'd predicted a loss by "more than one goal" and so it came to pass.

Within a quarter of an hour, the game was effectively over as Scott Parker ran the show.

Despite starting his career at Charlton, his premature departure to bench warm at Chelsea means he will always receive a rather 'frosty' reception from the Addicks.

He had been an integral part of our best season in the Premier League but his move in the final few hours of the January transfer window, just a couple of months after signing (by Charlton standards) a new ridiculously lucrative contract means he more than earned his 'Greedy Basket' moniker.

Nobody will question Parker's football ability and he outshone everyone else on the pitch.

After Parker's opening goal, Rodallega doubled the Cottagers advantage.

Charlton chased shadows for the rest of the half.

The injury crisis, coupled with a threadbare squad, has meant some players who should really be brought on for just 10 minutes here and there, (to give them a taste of life outside 'the kids') are being asked to carry the team through.

Sometimes this proves to be a blessing in disguise, as the emergence of Diego Poyet last season proves but it can also crush a young player as they find they aren't quite ready for the bigger stage.

At half time I couldn't see any way that Charlton were going to get anything out of the game.

As usual, we'd saved up one of our worst performances for when we were having a rare televised game.

There can't be another team who has a worse record for wilting under the cameras.
It's a good job we aren't Leeds United SkyTVFC or we'd never win a point!

A very different Charlton came out in the second half.

While the Fulham keeper was rarely called upon to make a meaningful save, part two was all one way traffic.
Corner after corner, attack after attack but unfortunately the deflections just didn't fall for us and the final pass just wasn't perfect.

With Charlton sending Bikey up front to try and batter his way through the stubborn defence, we were left with only 3 at the back for alarming moments.

It was only a matter of time before the gaps Charlton were leaving were exploited and Rodallega poked home his second as the game entered the final minute.

A few hundred of the 3,000+ Charlton support took the goal as an exit sign but the majority stayed on to bullishly tell the viewing public and the Fulham Marcel Marceau fan club that we were "Charlton til we die".

Three-nil sounds a pretty convincing defeat and for the first half it really was.

The second half was much more like it.
Unfortunately, unlike Fulham, we don't have £15 million worth of forward talent at our disposal.

The chances Charlton made should certainly have lead to at least 2 goals but the quality just wasn't there.

I love the idea of our Youth coming through and making a name for themselves but it needs to be managed better.
Network freebies are all well and good but we also need some players with tried and tested Championship ability if we are to progress.

Fulham looked a pretty decent side last night.
It would be very tough to convince me away from my theory that many of their side were playing deliberately crud to get rid of the hated Felix Magath earlier in the season.

If only half of the stories about him are only half true, he's a grade A nut job and Fulham are well shot of him.

Kit Symons was effectively using the live televised game as the final paragraph of his presentation to claim the Fulham manager job.
Despite his period as a Nigel, I've always quite liked Kit Symons and recall him playing with distinction for Portsmouth and Manchester City.

You're Kit, aaaah!

He's certainly made a massive difference to the atmosphere behind the scenes at Craven Cottage, (if not the atmosphere on match days which surely remains one of the worst anywhere in the country).

The Valley is never going to be compared favourably with the 'Welcome to Hell' fan antics of Galatasary but I can guarantee the place would be rocking if we were outplaying a local team and winning 2-0 on a Friday night under the lights.

The 'other' kit on show last night was our fake Barca atrocity, probably one of the most disliked outfits ever to be seen on the backs of Charlton players.

There are people who will try to add 2 and 2 together and blame our only 2 defeats this season on the 2 times the tango kit has been worn.

Unfortunately, it's only a coincidence but I can't imagine *anyone shelling out for the kit now.

*I write this as someone who has the 'original' Barca shirt, bought for the princely sum of a fiver in a sale and within moments relegated to bed wear.

We can now lick our wounds for a week before the visit of Sheffield Wednesday.

http://charltoncasual.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/a-tale-of-two-kits.html

WhiteJC

Kit Symons expected to be confirmed as Fulham manager within the next week
Kit Symons has five wins in eight games to pull Fulham from relegation
Fulham chairman Shahid Khan to fly from America to make appointment
Symons says he is 'very confident' he will be named manager this week

Kit Symons is expected to be confirmed as Fulham manager this week.

The caretaker boss has overseen five wins in eight games to lift Fulham out of the relegation zone and chairman Shahid Khan is due to fly in from America next week to make the appointment official.

Symons said: 'I'm very confident I'll get it, it has to be getting more difficult, with the team winning games, for the five-man panel not to see the obvious thing to do for this football club.

Kit Symons (pictured) is expected to be confirmed as Fulham manager this week by owner Shahid Khan

The caretaker boss has overseen five wins in eight games to lift Fulham out of the relegation zone

'The owner [Shahid Khan] is over the week after next.

'I don't know when a decision will be made or how it will come about. Hopefully we'll find out sooner rather than later.'

Fulham moved away from the relegation zone with a 3-0 win over Charlton on Friday night.

Symons says he is 'very confident' that he will be named manager of Championship club Fulham

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2808032/Kit-Symons-expected-confirmed-Fulham-manager-week.html#ixzz3HEle9YeN
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Deanothefulhamfan

Binfield Fc youngster..... That little village is right next to my town of Bracknell.....

Great news for the local community