Started by Barrett487, October 27, 2014, 07:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on October 27, 2014, 08:46:23 PM
Nick Cusack..........

once he moved to sweeper became one of my all time favourite players

nose

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 27, 2014, 08:10:39 PM
John Marshall played from 83-84 to 96-07  and over 450 Appearances. Became a youth coach and  scout for the club. Was always a whole hearted player who never gave less than his all.

absaloutement monsieur

Andy S

Peter Scot was a good Servant to the club. Don't know what happened to him in the end though. Back in the 60/70s Steve Earle always over shadowed by Alan Clarke but a very skilful striker. Dean Coney had a good season with Ivor but then lost his ability to score. But he set Ivor up on lods of occasions

Supermitch

Goma's a great shout, and i have heard people swooning over his skill and reading of the game quite recently.
[/quote]

The great man is still often seen at the Cottage.  When I was selling TOOFIF before the recent Norwich game by the Press Office he was there signing a number of autographs. 

Rhys Lightning 63

Mark Crossley? A very dependable backup for VDS and later Tony Warner
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

TonyGilroy

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on October 27, 2014, 08:59:01 PM
Robert Wilson for me in Super Mac's 80's team

Absolutely.

John Margerrison was ultra reliable.

keith

Lighthouse

Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 27, 2014, 10:13:26 PM
Quote from: SuffolkWhite on October 27, 2014, 08:59:01 PM
Robert Wilson for me in Super Mac's 80's team

Absolutely.

John Margerrison was ultra reliable.

Remember the headed goal Margerrison scored in the cup against United at the Cottage very clearly.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

f bloke

Margerrisson is a good shout. What about John Evanson. Will add Ray Evans. We really lost his leadership when he left

HatterDon

Quote from: Barrett487 on October 27, 2014, 08:07:31 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on October 27, 2014, 08:04:30 PM
Quote from: Barrett487 on October 27, 2014, 07:56:20 PM
I'm talking about the guys who don't always get the plaudits.

I nominate Alan Slough, i always enjoyed his total commitment, his forward runs, his passing and his influence, yet few ever talked about him.  065.gif

There are Luton Town supporters from the same era who would lift their glasses and shout, "hear hear." He was a solid player.

Slough and Busby in the same Fulham team.... you must v enjoyed that?

Interestingly, I was that cranky young Yank who was constantly on Viv Busby's case. I thought he was very talented but very lazy. From the films I've seen of Fulham's cup run, he really played his heart out for Fulham, though.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Snibbo

Stan Brown is the ultimate example. Always overshadowed by the maestro but severely missed when unavailable , which was not often.

Tonywa

Quote from: nose on October 27, 2014, 09:25:49 PM
Nick Cusack..........

Cus was transformed from being a very average striker lacking in pace though hard-working, to an extremely good sweeper who read the game excellently and used the ball very well indeed.  A real master stroke from Mickey Adams.

As for Stan Brown - a hero of my childhood.  I believe he started a first team game for Fulham in every position on the field other than goalkeeper and never, ever gave less than his all for the cause.  Like the great Brian McBride a model professional and a wonderful example to any kids watching league football. 

RidgeRider

I know this doesn't go back far enough, but it goes back as far as this "Johnny come lately" Fulham fan does. Erik Nevland.

St Eve

Stan Brown, Fred Callaghan, Aaron Hughes

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Supermitch on October 27, 2014, 09:52:00 PM
Goma's a great shout, and i have heard people swooning over his skill and reading of the game quite recently.

The great man is still often seen at the Cottage.  When I was selling TOOFIF before the recent Norwich game by the Press Office he was there signing a number of autographs. 
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure he lives in the area  and loves the club. Like you said he goes to a lot of games at the cottage.  Class player
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Holders

Quote from: Barrett487 on October 27, 2014, 09:04:05 PM
Richard Money had class... solid player

That's the name I was trying to remember, thanks LB.

I'm not sure some of the names mentioned (e.g. Slough, Brown, Goma) were so much unsung as in the shadows of others. They were certainly appreciated at the time.

I could add Fred Callaghan, Paul Went, Simon Morgan, Vic Halom, Danny Cullip etc.

Hatter mentions Busby - never rated him at the time myself either.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Holders

Quote from: Tonywa on October 27, 2014, 10:34:37 PM
Quote from: nose on October 27, 2014, 09:25:49 PM
Nick Cusack..........

Cus was transformed from being a very average striker lacking in pace though hard-working, to an extremely good sweeper who read the game excellently and used the ball very well indeed.  A real master stroke from Mickey Adams.

As for Stan Brown - a hero of my childhood.  I believe he started a first team game for Fulham in every position on the field other than goalkeeper and never, ever gave less than his all for the cause.  Like the great Brian McBride a model professional and a wonderful example to any kids watching league football. 

Stan Brown may never have started as keeper but, for what it's worth,  I saw him go in goal when the keeper (Ian Seymour) had to go off.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

MJG

The one and only, fully committed, play anywhere for team..... Jeff Eckhardt

Peabody

Quote from: Snibbo on October 27, 2014, 10:32:03 PM
Stan Brown is the ultimate example. Always overshadowed by the maestro but severely missed when unavailable , which was not often.

What a good shout, he was Mr Dependable, never let the club down and was always prepared to adapt.

Dodgin