watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Players we were mad to let go

Started by Andy S, October 27, 2014, 09:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delboy

The great Graham Leggatt should get a mention. We let him go far too early and far too cheaply.

Andy S

Yes and bought Joe Gilroy for £20,000

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Delboy on October 31, 2014, 11:59:33 AM
The great Graham Leggatt should get a mention. We let him go far too early and far too cheaply.

Great player. Genuinely one of the top 5 Fulham players of all time in my opinion but we let him go when he was definitely past his best.

He did nothing after he left us.

cmg

Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 31, 2014, 12:22:34 PM
Quote from: Delboy on October 31, 2014, 11:59:33 AM

Great player. Genuinely one of the top 5 Fulham players of all time in my opinion but we let him go when he was definitely past his best.

He did nothing after he left us.

I pretty much agree with everything you say. He was past his best and it's true that he was done after he left us (apart from forging a new career as a pioneering broadcaster in Canada). The fact that he  scored 5 goals in his last 2 games for us underlines just how good his 'best' was.

HatterDon

Quote from: AUSFFC on October 31, 2014, 04:00:16 AM
Quote from: Forever Fulham on October 31, 2014, 01:47:20 AM
Stockdale, Gera, Malbranque, Holtby (buy out his contract), and Etuhu.  I loved Dickson Etuhu.  Under different manager, he would have thrived.  Oh, and Carlos Salcido. 

I agree with Holtby 100%, buying him out, that guy was great I though. such quality and heart

But would he really have stayed in the championship?

No he wouldn't have. That was never his plan. He only came to us to get more minutes and improve his chance to get on the German team for the World Cup [which didn't happen]. He was never staying past the end of the season. Spurs did us and him a favor, but him staying was never going to happen.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel