https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

if roberts doesnt start tonight

Started by fulhamben, October 28, 2014, 11:06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

Quote from: fulhamben on October 28, 2014, 01:49:22 PM
Quote from: blingo on October 28, 2014, 01:43:35 PM
And he is used as seen fit by the powers that be, who I am sure, will have his best interest in mind.
dembele and eisfeld have been bouncing back and forth from the 21s and both have more first team minutes than pat. i just dont see how you can progress your career through training alone. anyway hopefully kit will start him tonight as eisfeld didnt impress last week

Tonight showed the likes of PR are not read yet.

keith

jmh

Quote from: Fulham1959 on October 28, 2014, 02:05:14 PM
Quote from: horse1031 on October 28, 2014, 01:22:46 PM
he's 17...

he will be in the team soon enough.  below is the list of players under 20 that have played for the first team...  He is the youngest but the most talented.  Its amazing what even a year does for development of a young player.

Cauley Woodrow            19:326   7266   24 Oct 2014   H v Charlton Athletic
George C Williams    19:34   6974   21 Oct 2014   A v Rotherham United
Cameron Burgess            18:306   6881   23 Aug 2014   A v Derby County
Emerson Hyndman    18:194   6769   21 Oct 2014   A v Rotherham United
Moussa Dembele            18:100   6675   21 Oct 2014   A v Rotherham United
Pat Roberts                    17:260    6470   24 Oct 2014   H v Charlton Athletic

Some column headings might help.  This table is meaningless, otherwise.
The first two columns are age in years:days; age in days.  I think the other two columns are the date and opposition for the players' most recent senior matches prior to today.

Roberts was fairly ineffective today, drawing a lot of attention when he touched the ball.   He's not going to learn how to deal with senior defenders unless he plays against them, but it might be good for his confidence to get some more chances coming on as a sub with defenders a bit more worn out, like he looked so effective doing earlier in the year.

Pluto

As I've been saying all season, he's not ready yet. Need to nurture the development of these players carefully and Roberts is only 17. He just hasn't looked up to it in this division so far.

bill taylors apprentice

This player should be playing regular U21 games and be on the bench most weeks.

Its crazy that Roberts and all the other squad players are not playing at least every 7 days, but that's modern football!

Give him the ball in space and he can create something positive, anything else and its like playing with ten men.

Mince n Tatties

I remember someone posting a few months back when it was said Liverpool were
set to make a bid for him, that we should hang on to him and maybe get 50 million
from Real or Barca In a couple of years.I laughed so much at the time I almost cried.
Pat Roberts is far from the finished article and it might surprise some of you that he might
not ever be...
He needs to get stronger bigger yes that will most probably happen as he is only
17, but he want be the first kid who has been hyped up as the next great thing and never hit
the bigtime, there has been a few down the years.
Im not saying he want make it, but there is a lot of expectations on his young
shoulders......

JackyFulham90

Roberts is not yet ready for Championship football

fulhamben

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on October 29, 2014, 05:50:43 AM
nor is zverotic hoogland hyndman and kavanagh based on last nights performances
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

epsomraver

Quote from: fulhamben on October 29, 2014, 11:01:59 AM

Don't know what game you watched then, hoogland was poor and hyndman struggled but the other two played well and that is not just me but the group around me in E block

fulhamben

Quote from: epsomraver on October 29, 2014, 11:07:42 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on October 29, 2014, 11:01:59 AM

Don't know what game you watched then, hoogland was poor and hyndman struggled but the other two played well and that is not just me but the group around me in E block
dont see how you can ever credit  a defender and a dm of doing well when you have shipped 5 at home. plus the zverotic hyndman pairing reminded me of the bad times again of watching sidwell and parker getting pinned in our own third with no ability to get the ball out.

Andy S

To those screaming for Roberts inclusion that is what you get when you play a boy in a mans game. Always is always was.

fulhamben

Quote from: Andy S on October 29, 2014, 11:47:03 AM
To those screaming for Roberts inclusion that is what you get when you play a boy in a mans game. Always is always was.
nothing to do with a dog poo defence and weak central midfield pairing then. i thought pat looked decent on the ball, it just those behind him didnt have the ability to pick him out