watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Brighton Away

Started by Chesh, November 14, 2014, 04:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chesh

On the Friday before the match there are a few of us going out & staying in Crawley (don't ask!! - would prefer Brighton obviously, but Crawley it is)

Anyway, any of you Sussex lot know if I can leave the car in Crawley on Saturday lunchtime, and get a train down to the match, and then back again to drive home, or is it best to drive down to the ground - if so, any tips on where to park (don't mind walking 20 mins or so, and no rush).

Also, one of the lads (who's from Crawley originally & supports Brighton) reckons there are one or two places to go out - any comments (good or bad)?

Thanks in advance.....
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Horsfield_No9

When we played Crawley in pre season I parked in a street right near the gound and it was free (no yellows) It's a 10 min walk from town mind.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Chesh

Thanks, but you've lost me there mate...

I'm staying in Crawley for the Brighton match, and am asking about their ground, not Crawley's

***Actually think I know what you're getting at now - but I'm asking about the Crawley-Brighton options, as I can leave my car anywhere within reason in Crawley, and was wondering where to park in for the match near the Amex - thanks anyway***

Domino 1879

Personally I would leave the car near three bridges station - there are several roads nearby eg Jubilee Way I think? that are free or that have residents bays Monday-Friday only so free Saturday.  Better train service from Three bridges.
No parking at the stadium at all.  I'm thinking of using the Bridge car park (£13) about a mile from the Amex because there are 4 of us travelling.
If you have a ticket to the game it should be marked 'subsidised travel included' which I think allows free train travel from Haywards Heath.

spikey norman

You could try driving to Brighton and use one of the three park & ride sites.
The three sites are Brighton University,Mill Road and Brighton Racecourse.
Check out seagulls.co.uk site for more details.
If you are going to use one of the sites best get there early.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Chesh on November 14, 2014, 04:40:38 PM
On the Friday before the match there are a few of us going out & staying in Crawley (don't ask!! - would prefer Brighton obviously, but Crawley it is)

Anyway, any of you Sussex lot know if I can leave the car in Crawley on Saturday lunchtime, and get a train down to the match, and then back again to drive home, or is it best to drive down to the ground - if so, any tips on where to park (don't mind walking 20 mins or so, and no rush).

Also, one of the lads (who's from Crawley originally & supports Brighton) reckons there are one or two places to go out - any comments (good or bad)?

Thanks in advance.....
LOTS of places to go out in Brighton - depends what your likes/dislikes are but on a Saturday night just follow what you like the look of.  There'll be plenty of it about, whatever shape/flavour it is!  Personally, after the game I'll be getting out of Brighton as soon as I can.......
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Chesh

Quote from: Southcoastffc on November 14, 2014, 06:11:41 PM
Quote from: Chesh on November 14, 2014, 04:40:38 PM

Thanks in advance.....
LOTS of places to go out in Brighton - depends what your likes/dislikes are but on a Saturday night just follow what you like the look of.  There'll be plenty of it about, whatever shape/flavour it is!  Personally, after the game I'll be getting out of Brighton as soon as I can.......
Out in Crawley on Friday night I mean...

Baider

Im going to drive down on the Saturday, not too sure where to park yet myself. I may park at one of the park & ride car parks, free buses to and from the stadium every 20 minutes but apparently its a bit of a nightmare getting to and from after the match and don't really trust leaving my car there... Failing that I may park somewhere in Lewes and get the train to Falmer which is opposite the ground, hmm any suggestions?

Shredhead

This confused me as theres another post with the same title. Before you think about getting the train from 3 bridges check there aren't engineering works between there and Brighton.

As Spikey says get to the park and ride sites early.

Parking in Lewes is quite a good idea and there are some cracking pubs.

If getting the train from Brighton to the ground there's a queuing system in the station from around noon. The club try to get people there early and away late by enticing them with beer and pies.

A lot of the inner suburbs of Brighton have resident parking schemes but if you Park near the Lewes Road you can get a bus up to the ground.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC