watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Smalling sent off

Started by MikeW, November 02, 2014, 02:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

This is a hilarious thread. I love how some Fulham fans seem to scour the press to find examples of ill fortune to former players.

Smalling has played 72 league matches for United. Including Europe and domestic cup matches, that has to be close to 100. He also has 12 full England caps. How many Fulham defenders during the same period would have been of the slightest interest to United or good enough to get England matches at the expense of Terry, Ferdinand, Dawson, Cahill, etc. And, he's 24.

Smalling is a fine player, who was promising for us and who has done well since leaving us. As near as I can tell, he's never had anything bad to say about his time here, nor has he made the papers for antisocial behavior or general boorishness. The SOLE reason why so many on here have a negative opinion of him is that, when he signed for United, they predicted his immediate failure and that he'd come crawling back. Since that has NOT happened, ... .

"You know, some people don't have much to eat ... but they have knives and they gotta cut something." -- Bobby Zimmerman
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FFC1987

Quote from: HatterDon on November 03, 2014, 01:53:06 AM
This is a hilarious thread. I love how some Fulham fans seem to scour the press to find examples of ill fortune to former players.

Smalling has played 72 league matches for United. Including Europe and domestic cup matches, that has to be close to 100. He also has 12 full England caps. How many Fulham defenders during the same period would have been of the slightest interest to United or good enough to get England matches at the expense of Terry, Ferdinand, Dawson, Cahill, etc. And, he's 24.

Smalling is a fine player, who was promising for us and who has done well since leaving us. As near as I can tell, he's never had anything bad to say about his time here, nor has he made the papers for antisocial behavior or general boorishness. The SOLE reason why so many on here have a negative opinion of him is that, when he signed for United, they predicted his immediate failure and that he'd come crawling back. Since that has NOT happened, ... .

"You know, some people don't have much to eat ... but they have knives and they gotta cut something." -- Bobby Zimmerman

I wrote a long message in response to this and deleted it. All I can say is, I take no pleasure in Smalling's shortcomings but ultimately his progression has stunted and he's not played well since going to Utd. I wish he had as its always nice especially when there English that they leave a club and go on to greater things. Sadly, I can't see this happening for Smalling. I've watched a lot of his matches and sadly, he sticks out like a sore thumb for Utd and England most of the time. Hopefully, the coach can steer him in the right direction but i'm not convinced he's been successful since leaving.

Putney

Scour the press? He was live on television.