Main Menu

Roy Unveiled On Liverpool Official Site & Confirmed As Gone On FulhamFC.Com

Started by White Noise, July 01, 2010, 09:24:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/liverpool-appoint-hodgson

Liverpool appoint Hodgson

1st Jul 2010 - Latest News

Roy Hodgson has been appointed the new manager of Liverpool FC.

The 62-year-old former Fulham, Inter Milan and Switzerland manager has agreed terms with the club on a three-year contract and becomes the 18th manager in our history.

He will be unveiled to the world's media this afternoon after overseeing the first day of pre-season training at Melwood.

Hodgson joins us from Fulham, where he guided the Cottagers to the Europa League final in May and was voted Manager of the Year by the League Managers' Association.

He exclusively told Liverpoolfc.tv: "This is the biggest job in club football and I'm honoured to be taking on the role of manager of Britain's most successful football club. I look forward to meeting the players and the supporters and getting down to work at Melwood."

Ordar

can anyone actually get on the Fulham website?

tingtawng

New Liverpool FC manager Roy Hodgson signs in at Melwood
by Richard Buxton. Published Thu 01 Jul 2010 09:25, Last updated: 2010-07-01

New Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson arrives at Melwood
More pictures available. View the gallery

Roy Hodgson has arrived on Merseyside after becoming Liverpool's next manager.

The 62-year-old signed in at the club's Melwood training ground earlier this morning where he was greeted by Paul Tyrrell, the Reds' head of press, having put pen to paper on a three-year deal.

Liverpool successfully agreed a compensation package with Fulham, believed to be £2million, on Tuesday and have now announced Hodgson as Rafael Benitez's successor.

Despite the ongoing financial turmoil at Anfield, Hodgson, who took Fulham to last season's Europa League final, is delighted to have finally take what he described as 'the biggest job in club football'.

He said: "This is the biggest job in club football and I'm honoured to be taking on the role of manager of Britain's most successful football club.

"I look forward to meeting the players and the supporters and getting down to work at Melwood."

Fulham captain and former Liverpool midfielder Danny Murphy, who is a surprise candidate to succeed Hodgson at Craven Cottage, believes that his former manager is the perfect fit for his old club.

"Liverpool need someone who has an understanding of the history and heritage that lies behind the club and what it means in the context of English football," he said.

"People spoke about Mourinho, but I personally didn't see him as an ideal fit with Liverpool, because right now, they need someone who has an empathy for the club.

"I admire Roy Hodgson. He has a philosophy of playing good football which will fit well at Liverpool, and he gives players responsibility and a platform to work from

"Maybe it is time Liverpool had an English manager who knows about the club."

--
You can now follow Richard Buxton, our Liverpool FC correspondent, on Twitter at http://twitter.com/rbuxton87
IN SVEN VE TVUST

White Noise

Club Statement

Thursday 1st July 2010

Fulham FC News in association with  

Fulham confirm that at 9.20am this morning, Roy Hodgson resigned from his position of First Team Manager, effective immediately.

The Club would like to wish Roy the very best for the future and thanks him for all that was achieved during his tenure. Ray Lewington will take temporary charge of team matters, until a successor is announced in due course.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/June/ClubStatement.aspx#ixzz0sPxeUI3z

Lighthouse

A nice terse statemeny from us. So he resigned and not a wave goodbye. Not a comment about Fulham either. What a shame seems to have left like a thief in the night.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FFCBadger

I greatly appreciate the work Roy's done at this club over the past 2 1/2 seasons, reaching the Europa League final was obviously a magnificent achievement - as was the 'Great Escape',  but the manor in which he's left the club has undoubtedly left a bitter taste in my mouth. I can't bring myself to 'dislike' the bloke, but he's gone down in my estimations. It appears as though he and Liverpool have taken the club and the supporters for a ride, and left us in the lurch regarding the longetivity of this entire episode/saga. This said, I would like to thank Roy for his endeavors with regards to FFC.

I feel the club will want to have a manager in place ASAP, as Im sure the incoming manager will want to stamp he's own authority and ethos upon the team in time for the new season, and integrate new players into the squad. In my opinion Mark Hughes would be the ideal candidate to fill the void left by RH.

Chopper

Crap  :dft006:

Right, moving on now. Let's get someone good in Fulham - I vote Hughesy too.
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

Abbotsbury White

The reaction of Liverpool fans is similiar to us when he was 1st appointed generally underwhelmed,Roy's success at Fulham was down to the repitition on the training field over a long period of time with players that took on board all he preached,will it be tha same at Liverpool?will he get the time to get it right?will the players be as willing? I'm not sure and if they are mid table come Xmas Roy may yet regret this decision.
The thing that really gets me is a couple of years ago Roy would have been lucky to have got a job in the championship,yes he was good for Fulham but Roy dont forget how good Fulham was for you.
Anyway looking forward of the names being mentioned Hughes would be my pick.
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town.