watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Will the Ha Ha's ever learn?

Started by CottagersOnTour, November 05, 2014, 10:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CottagersOnTour

England striker Jermain Defoe is set to make an extraordinary return to the Premier League with QPR set to sign the 32-year-old on a three-year deal worth £90,000 a week from MLS side Toronto.

It doesn't appear they have just yet.... Only on the gossip pages at the moment, but a 3 year deal @ 90k p/w for a 32 year old Jermaine Defoe just seems a bit crazy, especially if there is a fee on top of that!

It will be interesting to see the ramifications and the battle between the Premier League v Football League on Fair Play if they do get relegated.

snarks

He could be just what they need and as I said the other day him and adebaypr could keep them up

Pie and mash

Old candleface looking after his mates

BigbadBillyMcKinley

He will always score goals. Very under-rated player.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Tonywa

I think I'd rather have Defoe at £90,000 per week than Hugo at £75,000!

CottagersOnTour

He's not a bad player, far from it, he's an excellent finisher, but 90k p/w on a 3 year deal at 32 is a bit mental.

Harry better make sure there's a significant wage reduction on relegation. 

Hugo is at least 29....!

Tonywa

I suppose the thinking is that if he scores enough goals to kept them up then it's a worthwhile investment.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Tonywa on November 05, 2014, 11:32:12 AM
But Hugo was on a free, so effectively the cost of the transfer is built into the wage. Some have big signing fees, plus large payments to agents. You have to look at the overall cost for three years ..suggest it will have been quite a bit less than Ruiz and McCormack, and probably a bit less than Parker. Now you can argue that he is the least valuable of the 4 (I wouldn't!) but even so he came as an established goalscorer in the premiership. And I think he is doing well for us now that he has, at last, been given the extended run in the team he deserves. And he wears, and has always, worn the shirt with pride and played with passion.

Stefano Okaka Chuka

Quote from: Tonywa on November 05, 2014, 11:32:12 AM

Why? He's cheaper, younger, a hard worker and he will probably score you more goals than a player who is playing in the MLS.
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

Tonywa

Well Defoe could hardly score fewer goals than Hugo did at the top level for us. 

GrahamG

Defoe is always likely to score goals. I wish we had him.