https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ruiz in a strop at the end

Started by terryr, November 02, 2014, 10:39:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

Quote from: Jambo on November 03, 2014, 10:19:57 PM
Quote from: ffcbulgaria on November 03, 2014, 05:49:08 PM
Did someone mention above we (Fulham fans) didn't like Hayles? I've only started following us in '98 and maybe i'm clueless, but really....??

When he first signed I've never known a player to split opinion as much as Hayles, before or since. You think the Ruiz debates are bad!!!  The name Harry Bayles came from fans calling him that as he was seen to be awful and we had signed the wrong player.  As Epsomraver said Tigana really got the best out of him and changed many opinion.

i loved barry hayles. i never understood why a few people didn't see how good he really was. the trio of saha boa and barry meant all three were on their toes all the time and there was real competiton for the front men.

Loved him

andyk

Not sure what Ruiz was upset about, but it looked like he wanted to go and win the game. After the peno he didn't want to celebrate, just get started again. Maybe he was unimpressed with the lack of ambition from Scotty and the rest of the team.

In the Enclosure

ThinkBarry and Jason Roberts were both playing for Bristol Rovers in 1998 and Roberts had a very good match against us so we all thought we were getting him. We all loved Barry in the end but he did struggle at first not helped when he took a penalty in an attempt to break his goal drought that nearly went over the top of the Hammersmith end !

Wish we had signed Roberts as well but we got the Horse and then both but Saha and Boa worked their magic when they arrived.

The Enclosurite

Quote from: epsomraver on November 03, 2014, 06:24:16 PM
Quote from: ffcbulgaria on November 03, 2014, 05:49:08 PM
Did someone mention above we (Fulham fans) didn't like Hayles? I've only started following us in '98 and maybe i'm clueless, but really....??

When Hayles first came for a fair sum  after Keegan signed him rumour had it that he had signed the wrong player as he was poor, when Tigana came he changed Barry into a real Fulham star

And there the name Harry Bayles was born.
¡COYW!