https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Music Tower of Power

Started by nose, November 02, 2014, 11:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

Saw then at Indigo O2 last night, wow!
They are top notch, none better.
if you like rhythm and blues, soul and funk and haven't heard them check them out you are missing a treat.

nose

Quote from: RidgeRider on November 02, 2014, 11:52:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9u8KuHArBw

my favourite ToP album ever... one of my favourite albums by any artists. the drummer david garibaldi is a genius but not well known among rock and mainstream music fans... but muscicians seem to know him well! Good pick sir.

It was my late dad that first heard of them on the radio ( he was more main stream than a soul brother) but said i had to check out Don't change Horses. last night the performance of that was out of this world and is a truly great track written by lenny williams (the then lead vocalist) and johnny Guitar watson....   love it.

RidgeRider

Quote from: nose on November 02, 2014, 11:58:18 PM

my favourite ToP album ever... one of my favourite albums by any artists. the drummer david garibaldi is a genius but not well known among rock and mainstream music fans... but muscicians seem to know him well! Good pick sir.

It was my late dad that first heard of them on the radio ( he was more main stream than a soul brother) but said i had to check out Don't change Horses. last night the performance of that was out of this world and is a truly great track written by lenny williams (the then lead vocalist) and johnny Guitar watson....   love it.

These guys came from across the Bay from where I grew up near San Francisco. They are well known here in Northern California. Agree they are, and were, a great band.

nose

Quote from: RidgeRider on November 03, 2014, 12:08:06 AM
Quote from: nose on November 02, 2014, 11:58:18 PM

These guys came from across the Bay from where I grew up near San Francisco. They are well known here in Northern California. Agree they are, and were, a great band.
you are so lucky in the states to have such a wealth of mega talented people.
this year i have seen maceo parker, fred wesley (different concerts), george clinton, the family stone, tower of power... and in each case, regardless of your taste the talent is imense.... better than we have here (we have some good players but we do not have such a depth of brilliance IMO).

RidgeRider

Forever Fulham

Ohhhh, you're talking my language now.  Lenny Williams, Tower of Power.  "So Very Hard To Go."  Played it to death.  When music was really good. 

nose

Quote from: Forever Fulham on November 03, 2014, 02:44:45 AM
Ohhhh, you're talking my language now.  Lenny Williams, Tower of Power.  "So Very Hard To Go."  Played it to death.  When music was really good. 

well absolutely the best.. i sort of neglected tower of power for a rear or two but saw a gospel choir in ali mcbeal singing this and it all came flooding back and i promised to never ever forfget them again.  we saw them firsty in 1975 (I think it might have been 1974) at the warner brothers road show in manchester.... they were outstanding

never understood why they didn't quite get the exposure of other bands of the era.

WhiteJC

Back to Oakland was an incredible album