watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Matt Smith-how much did he cost?

Started by res, November 08, 2014, 11:22:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

res

Thought we paid £50k, but have been told it was £500k. What was the figure? This is not an anti Smith thread, just interested.

Berserker

Thought it was £500k
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Mince n Tatties

£500k...And needs to be played, starting today.
He scored 14 goals last season..

dannyboi-ffc

It was half a million. 50k is the kind of market league two teams operate in. Generally speaking championship players cost between 700,000 and 4 million depending on how good they are. League one is 500,000 for a good player at that level going down to freebies and loans. League two is scraping the barrel and it's very rare you see hundreds of thousands on one player.

I know the Leeds chairman is a fruitcake but 50k would've been ridiculous on their part.

Easy mistake to make though but just wishful thinking I'm afraid
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

fulhamben

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 08, 2014, 11:40:47 AM
playing him will change the whole dynamic of the team. Plus Ross is back today and goals have not been our problem. Would much rather play woodrow next to Ross as he can actually hold the ball up and bring others into play
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: fulhamben on November 08, 2014, 12:39:23 PM
playing him will change the whole dynamic of the team. Plus Ross is back today and goals have not been our problem. Would much rather play woodrow next to Ross as he can actually hold the ball up and bring others into play

Just send him back to Leeds then shall we......

fulhamben

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 08, 2014, 12:56:54 PM

? Are you getting the hump because we have better options for the style of football we play?

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: fulhamben on November 08, 2014, 01:10:23 PM

? Are you getting the hump because we have better options for the style of football we play?

Not at all my friend im a bit too long in the tooth to get the hump
over a football topic..Just think we need to play him see how it goes.....
As for better options did you watch that garbage against Blackpool.
Is that a better option..?

MJG

I want him to play just to shut up those people who keep moaning we don't get the ball forward quicker.
They will soon see sense

fulhamben

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 08, 2014, 01:25:26 PM

and if huddles field were to start the match with only ten men and defend with the whole team in their own third for the entire game, then yes start him. But they won't, so we should start with footballers over big lumps every time.

VicHalomsLovechild

If we are going to continue to lump the ball up to Dave, who to be fair isn't suited for that kind of football we may as well play Smith who is

fulhamben

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on November 08, 2014, 01:47:05 PM

If we are going to continue to lump the ball up to Dave, who to be fair isn't suited for that kind of football we may as well play Smith who is
which is why I would play woodrow. Great first touch and knows how to keep it. Ross plays far to wide for knock downs off a big lump to be effective.

epsomraver

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on November 08, 2014, 01:47:05 PM

0001.jpeg

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: fulhamben on November 08, 2014, 01:43:53 PM

and if huddles field were to start the match with only ten men and defend with the whole team in their own third for the entire game, then yes start him. But they won't, so we should start with footballers over big lumps every time.

Every one thinks all he does is head balls..lol
The lump as you call him scored 14 last season, and I pass now
as you obviously dont like the lump  without ever seeing him play id should think.
Im not saying he will be the answer but we need to try different things to get up the table.
I will go back to the Blackpool game again just garbage.

fulhamben

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 08, 2014, 01:54:17 PM

as you obviously dont like the lump  without ever seeing him play id should think.
Im not saying he will be the answer but we need to try different things to get up the table.
and you seem to think he is like messi with the ball at he's feet without ever seeing him play. I'm only going on what my brother in law who is an st holder at Leeds said? And that's that he is not very good with the ball at his feet

dannyboi-ffc

When were chasing a game and they are playing park the bus tactics like Blackpool.  And our second half corner tally is in double figures, then he has to come on.

I haven't seen enough of him to judge whether he's worth of starting but dembele and Woodrow aren't the immediate answer and Hugo blows hot and cold. I don't think I've ever seen Hugo win a header for a knock down or hold the ball up when being tightly marked. For some reason he is ok facing the goal and bags a handful of goals with his head but he is limited and his premier league experience papers over the cracks of a very average player. I now like mcormack and his link up play but if smith isn't the answer I think we're very average up front and we bag goals because of the system rather than the quality of the strikers.

Ironically it's also the system that causes us to concede so many and somehow we need to find a happy medium. A new forward is needed in January If smith is as the experts put it "just a lump". like I said I only know him for his goals against Liverpool and Everton in the cup on TV, he volunteered for a very short debut at reading and I didn't go to Middlesbrough. 

Juries out for me until he gets a chance.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: fulhamben on November 08, 2014, 01:59:55 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 08, 2014, 01:54:17 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties link=topic=43891.msg605855#mlsg605855 date=1415451414

as you obviously dont like the lump  without ever seeing him play id should think.
and you seem to think he is like messi with the ball at he's feet without ever seeing him play. I'm only going on what my brother in law who is an st holder at Leeds said? And that's that he is not very good with the ball at his feet

Now your being silly..Messi..........

epsomraver

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on November 08, 2014, 02:03:05 PM
When were chasing a game and they are playing park the bus tactics like Blackpool.  And our second half corner tally is in double figures, then he has to come on.

I haven't seen enough of him to judge whether he's worth of starting but dembele and Woodrow aren't the immediate answer and Hugo blows hot and cold. I don't think I've ever seen Hugo win a header for a knock down or hold the ball up when being tightly marked. For some reason he is ok facing the goal and bags a handful of goals with his head but he is limited and his premier league experience papers over the cracks of a very average player. I now like mcormack and his link up play but if smith isn't the answer I think we're very average up front and we bag goals because of the system rather than the quality of the strikers.

Ironically it's also the system that causes us to concede so many and somehow we need to find a happy medium. A new forward is needed in January If smith is as the experts put it "just a lump". like I said I only know him for his goals against Liverpool and Everton in the cup on TV, he volunteered for a very short debut at reading and I didn't go to Middlesbrough. 

Juries out for me until he gets a chance.
Agree, Kit got it wrong on Wednesday bringing Roberts and also for not, having brought him on telling him to run at them in the box instead of staying back, I really rate Kit but he got it wrong and i am sure he knows it and difference is he will admit it unlike our last 2 managers exc renee