more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff (08/11/14)...

Started by WhiteJC, November 07, 2014, 10:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Ealing Road terrace SOLD OUT for Fulham match

Tickets selling fast for Brentford's Sky Bet Championship match against Fulham on November 21

Brentford fans wanting to watch the first league match against West London rivals Fulham for more than 15 years are advised to buy their tickets soon as areas of Griffin Park are selling out.

Fulham will visit TW8 for a Sky Bet Championship match on Friday November 21.

Tickets have been on sale for more than two months and Brentford fans have snapped up most of them.

There are no tickets left in the Ealing Road terrace.

The following parts of Griffin Park are also SOLD OUT:
Braemar Road – Block B304

Paddock – Blocks P201, P202, P203, P204

New Road – Blocks N502, N503, N504, N505, N506

Block B302, in the Braemar Road Stand, has around 15 seats remaining while in the Paddock, Blocks P200 and P205 have around 60 left.

Fulham have not visited Griffin Park for a league match since April 1998, Bees fans that want to attend should get their tickets now.

Read more at http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/news/article/fulham-ticket-update-07.11.14-2068994.aspx#hHyjDjt6d43Svw1B.99

WhiteJC

Struggling Greece drops Mitroglou for qualifier

ATHENS, Greece (AP) — Still looking for his first win as Greece coach, Claudio Ranieri has dropped Kostas Mitroglou for a European Championship home qualifier against the Faeroe Islands next Friday and a friendly against Serbia four days later.

The surprise announcement came days after Georgios Samaras was also omitted, while Turkey-based veteran Fanis Gekas was recalled for duty at Karaiskaki Stadium.

Under Ranieri, Greece has performed poorly in Euro 2016 qualifiers, losing at home to Romania and Northern Ireland and being held to a draw by Finland in Helsinki in Group F.

The results have come as a shock after the national team reached the second round at the World Cup in Brazil.

Ranieri blamed the weak performances on the difficult transition to younger players, and the Greek Football Association insisted this week it was not considering replacing the 62-year-old Italian coach.

"Everything that has been written, talked about, or rumored has no bearing on the truth. ... There is no issue regarding Mr. Ranieri, who is working hard toward achieving qualification," an association statement said this week.

Talented winger Jose Holebas is among several key players at Ranieri's disposal following a bout of injury absences in previous matches.

Bundesliga-based Kyriakos Papadopoulos had his return to the squad again delayed by a fresh injury and surgery that will keep him out at Bayer Leverkusen until the end of the year.

Ranieri handed a place to defender Michalis Bakakis, who plays for second-division AEK Athens.

"This is my first call-up and I'm very happy," Bakakis said. "I want to work to stay on the team. ... It's what every football player dreams about."

___

Greece:

Goalkeepers: Orestis Karnezis (Udinese), Panagiotis Glykos (PAOK), Stephanos Kapino (Mainz).

Defenders: Vassilis Torosidis (Roma), Avraam Papadopoulos (Trabzonspor), Kostas Manolas (Roma), Sokratis Papastathopoulos (Borussia Dortmund), Vangelis Moras (Verona), Jose Holebas (Roma), Nikos Karabelas (Levante), Michalis Bakakis (AEK Athens).

Midfielders: Giannis Maniatis (Olympiakos), Alexandros Tziolis (PAOK), Andreas Samaris (Benfica), Petros Mantalos (AEK Athens), Panagiotis Kone (Udinese), Kostas Fortounis (Sunderland), Charis Mavrias (Sunderland), Lazaros Christodoulopoulos (Verona).

Forwards: Dimitris Salpingidis (PAOK), Fanis Gekas (Akhisar Belediyespor), Stefanos 'Klaus' Athanasiadis (PAOK), Nikos Karelis (Panathinaikos).

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/soccer/2014/11/07/mitroglou-left-out-for-greece-qualifiers/18637157/?

WhiteJC

Next Up: Huddersfield Town

We look ahead to Fulham's first meeting with Huddersfield Town in more than 13 years.

The opposition

After a slow start to the season that saw them win just once in five Sky Bet Championship games, things have markedly improved for the Terriers since the installation of Chris Powell as manager.

Since then, the Yorkshire outfit have secured four wins, with a notable 3-1 scalp away to Wolverhampton Wanderers, as well as a 3-0 victory over promotion hopefuls Nottingham Forest.

Those victories came in the midst of an impressive seven-game unbeaten run which hauled Huddersfield away from the relegation zone which they had been hovering perilously close to.

That run came to an end at the iPro Stadium on Tuesday, but they gave high-flying Derby County a run for their money, eventually falling to a 3-2 defeat.

Tickets for Saturday's game are still available to purchase on General Sale, priced from just £25 adults and £10 juniors.

Team news

Powell has no new injury concerns ahead of the game at Craven Cottage, although in-form winger Sean Scannell is a slight doubt after picking up an illness in midweek.

Inside the camp

Terriers manager Powell wants to ensure that Tuesday's loss was just 'a blip' in their form, and is targeting victory over Fulham, even though he anticipates a difficult game.

In Friday's pre-match press conference, the former England left-back said: "My message is to bounce back and show it was just a blip against a side who know the league.

"[The players] were already thinking about how we can get better, looking forward to Fulham and getting back to winning ways.

"I know Kit and I'm really pleased for him. He's been there a long time and done some good work with the Academy.

"They have some very good players and they've spent money and they have a squad who will be competitive. I think many would have thought they'd be favourites and that hasn't happened but what they're doing down there is a mirror image of what we're doing up here.

"It will be a good test and I believe we'll have a really good following which I'm looking forward to."

Player to watch

Harry Bunn: 21-year-old Harry Bunn is currently enjoying the best form of his career, and tops the Huddersfield scoring charts with six league goals from his 14 games played. After spending some time at the John Smith's Stadium on loan last season, he made the move permanent in January but it's the 2014/15 campaign where he's flourished. Usually situated out on the left wing, he's a highly productive individual who tends to start games well, with four of his six goals arriving within the opening 25 minutes of the match.

Marathonbet match odds

Fulham: 23/20

Draw: 51/20

Huddersfield Town: 53/20

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/november/07/next-up-huddersfield-town?

WhiteJC

The Great Dane

Lasse Vigen Christensen has arguably been Fulham's most-in form player of late. Clearly flourishing under the guidance of Kit Symons, the Dane has firmly found his feet in SW6.

Despite his relative youth - he's still only 20 - the midfielder has established himself in the First Team under Symons with the aplomb of a seasoned professional.

Under Symons, Christensen has not only found his confidence, but has made the most of the trust the former Fulham defender has shown in him over the years.

"Kit and I have been working together for about two years now. He's been my manager ever since I came here really. He's a big part of why I am the player I am today," explained Lasse to Saturday's official matchday programme.

"Obviously it's a bit of a funny situation in that he's been driving me to get in the First Team and now all of a sudden he's the man to put me in there. But I'm really happy. It's positive for me that he has been named Manager, but also very positive for the Club as well."

Born in the port town of Esbjerg in Denmark, football was never really a choice that Christensen made. It was simply a way of life. With a father who played for Denmark's Under-21s in his day, and an older footballing brother, Lasse concedes: "I've never really thought about doing anything else!

"When they asked me at school what I wanted to be, I always said professional footballer. They would tell me I needed a 'Plan B'."

Would it be fair to say that perhaps teachers don't always know best? "I think it's just one of those situations where I'm quite focused," said Christensen. "When I want something I'll do a lot to get it."

It's that focus and determination that saw him move hundreds of miles away from home at the age of 17 and establish a life for himself in England as part of his ambition to play abroad.

"I always knew that I wanted to play in England," said Lasse. "I've always liked the English game and thought it would suit me. When I was 15 I did two trials with Arsenal who put in an offer, but my club couldn't agree."

To read the full interview with Christensen, get your hands on a copy of the matchday programme against Huddersfield Town on Saturday.

Other exclusive highlights in the only matchday magazine that matters - which is also available to download digitally from 10am on Saturday - are:

Kit Symons pens his programme notes as he reflects on the Blackpool game
Cauley Woodrow answers your questions via our social media channels
In our regular feature, key figures take a walk back down memory lane to the 1981/82 promotion-winning season
Young midfielder Josh Smile is profiled in 'Through The Ranks'
Ex-Huddersfield striker Iwan Roberts gives his thoughts on the Cottage clash
And Les Strong and Gentleman Jim bring fans their latest columns

Priced £3.50, the 84-page publication is available from various sellers on Stevenage Road from two hours before kick-off. Fans can also save money by taking out a season subscription. Head here for more details.

The programme is also available as an app with added video content from 12pm on Wednesday, so whether you're at home or away, you need never be without it on your iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, PC or Mac via Apple's Newsstand. The programme is also available via the Pocketmags app on Kindle Fire and Blackberry Playbook. You can subscribe for the whole season for the digital edition for just £24.99 or buy a single issue for £1.99.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/november/07/the-great-dane?

WhiteJC

Fulham v Huddersfield

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP
Venue: Craven Cottage Date: Saturday 8 November Kick-off: 15:00 GMT
Coverage: Watch highlights on The Football League Show; listen on BBC Radio 5 live and BBC local radio; text commentary on the BBC Sport website

TEAM NEWS

Fulham striker Ross McCormack is available after missing the 2-2 draw with Blackpool through suspension.

Full-back Fernando Amorebieta (knee) will be assessed, but defender Tim Hoogland (pelvic) and striker Adam Taggart (groin) are out.

Huddersfield forward Sean Scannell (illness) is expected to feature but midfielder Jonathan Hogg is is still struggling with a thigh problem.

Striker James Vaughan remains sidelined with a calf problem.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-Head
•   This is the first meeting since Fulham won 2-1 away in the old Division One in April 2001.
•   Fulham are unbeaten in the last five meetings, winning the last three. Huddersfield's last win was 1-0 at home in the old Division Two in September 1993.
•   Huddersfield have won only one of the last seven meetings at Fulham. Their only win there since 1989 was 1-0 in the old Division Two in April 1993.

Fulham
•   Fulham are unbeaten in their last five games in the Championship, winning two. Their last defeat was 2-0 at Middlesbrough on 4 October.
•   Fulham have won three of their last four home games in the Championship, drawing one. Their last defeat in the league at home was 1-0 against Blackburn on 20 September.

Huddersfield
•   Huddersfield lost 3-2 at Derby on Tuesday - their first defeat in eight games.
•   Huddersfield have won only one of their last six away games. Their only win on the road since 19 August was 3-1 at Wolves on 1 October.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29860051

WhiteJC

Bid To Remember

Sky Bet, the title sponsor of The Football League, have teamed up with Fulham to give fans the opportunity to bid for a signed, match-worn poppy shirt in the #BidToRemember shirt auction.

All of the Fulham playing squad from Saturday's Huddersfield Town game will be donating their limited-edition poppy shirts, each signed personally by the player who wore it.

All the proceeds from the #BidToRemember auction will go directly to the Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal, supporting the Armed Forces community, through welfare, comradeship and representation.

Sky Bet Head of Sponsorship Edwin Martin said: "This is a cause that resonates with everyone in the country, especially this year, the 100th anniversary of the outbreak of World War 1 in 1914.

"We know Football League club supporters to be hugely passionate people, who always throw their support behind the Poppy Appeal.

"At Sky Bet, we would like to thank Fulham, who have agreed to do things differently this year, in recognition that together, we can make a bigger difference than ever before."

The Royal British Legion Head of Corporate Partnerships Alexandra Caine said: "We are incredibly grateful to Sky Bet, and to all the Championship clubs, for their support in this year's Poppy Appeal.

"The money raised from campaigns like #BidToRemember will help fund our projects nationwide for current and former servicemen and women, who put their lives on the line for their country."

Signed poppy shirts from each of the other 23 Sky Bet Championship clubs will also be available in the auction.

All lots will be going live on Sky Bet's eBay shop between Saturday November 8 and Monday November 10.

To register your interest in the signed shirt auction, please visit: www.bidtoremember.com.

Furthermore, Sky Bet is giving amateur footballers and fans the opportunity to join the #BidToRemember campaign, by proudly sporting a Poppy Armband during the Rememberance Weekend football fixtures.

The Poppy Armbands are free to collect at Goals Soccer Centres across England.

Footballers and fans alike are encouraged to take a selfie wearing their armbands and tweet it using the hashtag #BidToRemember to show their support for the cause.

During this weekend's Sky Bet Championship fixtures, all players will wear a poppy on their chest, and a plain black armband on their sleeve, as a mark of respect for those who have lost their lives serving their country.

Edwin Martin said: "We'd like to thank Goals Soccer Centres for supporting the #BidToRemember campaign and distributing the Poppy Armbands across their stores.

"We're really looking forward to giving fans the opportunity to join the #BidToRemember campaign and show their support for such a worthy cause.

"We hope that those participating on twitter will go on to bid for their favourite players' shirts to raise funds for the Poppy Appeal."

To join the campaign and pick up a limited edition #BidToRemember armband, go to your local Goals Soccer Centre. (England only - while stocks last)

To follow the campaign on Twitter, use the hashtag #BidToRemember.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/november/07/bid-to-remember?

WhiteJC

Fulham v Huddersfield preview

Fulham can welcome back Ross McCormack when they host Huddersfield at Craven Cottage.

Striker McCormack missed Wednesday night's 2-2 draw with Blackpool through suspension following his red card at Wigan on Saturday, and he is set to go straight back into the starting line-up.

Full-back Fernando Amorebieta needs a fitness check after limping off before half-time against the Seasiders following a kick to his knee.

Defender Tim Hoogland is sidelined by a pelvic problem and forward Adam Taggart is still recovering from a groin injury.

Huddersfield forward Sean Scannell is expected to shake off the illness that forced him off in the second half of the the midweek loss at Derby.

Midfielder Jonathan Hogg is not expected to feature as he continues to struggle with a thigh problem and striker James Vaughan remains sidelined with a calf injury.

Manager Chris Powell could hand striker Martin Paterson his first start of the season, while winger Danny Ward is pushing for a recall.

Powell has no new injury or suspension worries as his side look to bounce back from Tuesday night's first defeat in eight matches.

http://www.teamtalk.com/match/preview/978/9553840/-?

WhiteJC

FA Youth Cup R3 Draw: Crewe/York v Fulham

Last season's beaten finalists to visit the Alexandra Stadium or Bootham Crescent

The winner of the second round FA Youth Cup tie between Crewe Alexandra and York City will face a home match with last season's finalists Fulham in the third round.

The Alex are due to take on the Minstermen before the 22nd November, with the potential third round clash with competition heavyweights Fulham due to take place before the 20th December.

York reached round two by defeating Abbey Hey 2-0 after extra time, whilst Crewe edged past Preston 3-0 on penalties after the game ended 2-2.

Fulham defeated QPR, Tottenham, Manchester City, Huddersfield Town and our conquerors last season, Reading, en-route to the final.

Read more at http://www.crewealex.net/news/article/fa-youth-cup-r3-draw-v-fulham-2069450.aspx#34R3IgL2gPirCzYB.99

WhiteJC

Fulham star desperate to correct Blackpool mistakes against Huddersfield

Lasse Vigen Christensen. (Photo by Mike Hewitt/Getty Images)

Lasse Vigen Christensen is looking for an improved display from Fulham against Huddersfield after their 2-2 draw with Blackpool.

The Dane described the display against the Tangerines as 'not good enough' and is keen to put things right against Chris Powell's side.

"[We need to correct] our defensive unit as a team," he said. "It's not about singling people out.

"We need to make sure that as a team we need to defend better and put each other in silly situations and put ourselves in silly situations.

"If we hadn't given away some easy goals we'd have beaten them quite comfortably.

"That's just the way it is. If you make mistakes, you'll get punished for it.

"Against Huddersfield, we'll come out a lot more concentrated from the start and everyone will be more positive on the ball and we'll have a better game."

Blackpool led 2-0 at Craven Cottage on Wednesday through goals from Ishmael Miller and Jacob Murphy.

Tony McMahon was sent off on 40 minutes before Scott Parker pulled a goal back before half-time.

Bryan Ruiz then equalised direct from a corner to level the scores and rescue a point.

The defiance showed the character that has been displayed under Kit Symons, who was appointed as permanent manager last week.

He added: "When he came in as a caretaker he said that he'd take that role as he would a normal manager so it hasn't really changed after he got the permanent job.

"He's been brilliant all the way through. Everyone in the team has a lot of respect for him and really enjoy working with him.

"I think he deserves all the credit he can get. Now it's time for us to keep going and make sure we win these games when we're expected to."

On the game, Christensen said: "It's a game we should have won playing against a team I think we're miles better than and we gave ourselves a mountain to climb by letting in two sloppy goals and never really got going.

"I think we had so much of the ball and should have more goals in the second half I don't think we can be satisfied with what we showed today."

Symons has restored the pride around Craven Cottage and Christensen is hoping that form continues against Huddersfield tomorrow.

"We've done really well in a lot of games," he explained. "We've only lost to Blackburn and Derby in the cup.

"I think we need to get in our minds that we're not going to lose points at home.

"We need to make sure that we come out, be positive on the ball and take the game and if we keep showing the character away from home by grinding out results and not losing games on the road then we'll be okay."

Fulham are back in action at Craven Cottage this Saturday against Huddersfield Town. Tickets, priced from just £25 adults and £10 juniors, are available to purchase by calling: 0843 208 1234 or by visiting: www.fulhamfc.com/tickets
Tickets will also be available to purchase on the day of the match from turnstiles. Please note that match day ticket prices increase by £5.

http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/fulham/fulham_star_desperate_to_correct_blackpool_mistakes_against_huddersfield_1_3838280

WhiteJC

Fulham striker suffers injury setback

Adam Taggart yet to make appearance for Cottagers following summer move

Setback: Adam Taggart (left)
Fulham striker Adam Taggart has suffered a setback in his recovery from a groin injury.

The Australian World Cup star is yet to make a single appearance since his summer move from Newcastle Jets.

Taggart returned to light training recently and was included in some sessions alongside his Fulham team-mates.

However, boss Kit Symons revealed the 21-year-old felt a niggle and has been put back.

"He joined in with the warm-up and a bit of passing, but then he had a little slip and felt his adductor again," said the Craven Cottage chief.

"It's put him back a bit, but the physio's not worried. It's a minor tweak."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-striker-suffers-injury-setback-8069286?

WhiteJC

Fulham owner Khan targets top-six finish for improving side

LONDON (Reuters) - It's not everyone who can watch two clubs he owns in two different sports while staying on his own yacht moored in the middle of London, but that's the pleasant situation Shahid Khan finds himself in this weekend.

The 64-year-old billionaire, who made his money in the motor trade, will watch Fulham play Huddersfield Town at Craven Cottage in the English soccer Championship (second division) on Saturday and will then see his Jacksonville Jaguars team take on the Dallas Cowboys in the NFL at Wembley on Sunday.

Although Fulham are languishing 21st in the table, a point above the relegation zone, there has been a marked improvement under new manager Kit Symonds and Khan is optimistically eyeing an immediate return to the top flight.

Under their previous German boss Felix Magath, Fulham took one point from 21 in their opening seven games, but have now lost just one of their last eight.

"Why can't our target now be the top six?" Khan told Sky Sports on Friday.

A top-two finish would give Fulham promotion back to the Premier League but they could also go up through the playoffs by finishing between third and sixth.

"We've got great resources, good players and we're still only out of it (the top six) by 11 points or so. That could have been less with one more goal against Blackpool (in Wednesday's 2-2 draw).

"We're not out of the top-six running and our goal has to be that. It doesn't mean we're going to reach it but that's what we're saying. What is not a target is complacency."

The Pakistani-American with the distinctive moustache bought Fulham from Mohamed Al Fayed for a reported 150 million pounds ($237.27 million) in July last year. Despite several managerial changes they were relegated after 13 years in the top flight.

But anyone who owns a yacht named Kismet valued at about 70 million pounds and moored in London for the weekend should not be underestimated when he sets himself, and his team, a target.

(1 US dollar = 0.6322 British pound)

(Editing by Ken Ferris)

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2014/11/08/fulham-owner-khan-targets-top-six-finish-improving-side?

WhiteJC

Fulham star major doubt for Huddersfield clash

Whites defender Fernando Amorebieta unlikely to feature against Terriers

Hurt: Fernando Amorebieta
Fulham defender Fernando Amorebieta is a major doubt for tomorrow's clash with Huddersfield.

The Venezuelan limped out of Wednesday night's 2-2 draw against Blackpool after getting a knock before the break.

And boss Kit Symons admits the left-back is unlikely to be fit in time to face the Terriers at Craven Cottage.

Elsewhere, Sean Kavanagh (thigh) and Tim Hoogland (pelvis) are still sidelined, while Kay Voser is also missing.

But Symons is boosted by the return of star striker Ross McCormack after he missed the stalemate against the Seasiders through suspension.

He said: "Kav had a slight injury but got himself back fit and trained on Tuesday. We were doing set pieces at the end and he felt his thigh. They've done scans and it's not looking too bad.

"Tim is still out and Fernando is unlikely to be ready. He came off in midweek with an injury to the same knee but it's not a bad one."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-star-major-doubt-huddersfield-8069414?

WhiteJC

Team News

Kit Symons will welcome Ross McCormack back to his matchday squad for Saturday's game against Huddersfield Town with the forward having now served his one-match suspension.

In less good news, Tim Hoogland and Sean Kavanagh will still be absent at the weekend, while Fernando Amorebieta – who was substituted in the first half against Blackpool – is a major doubt.

"Tim's still going to be out, Sean Kavanagh's still out," Symons confirmed in Friday's pre-match press conference. "Fernando is looking unlikely at the moment – he came off in midweek; the same knee as before but a different part of the knee was hurting so it's probably all related. It's not a bad one by any stretch but it will probably be unlikely [he'll play].

"Kav had a slight injury, got himself back fit, trained on Tuesday, got through training and was absolutely flying. Then we were doing a couple of set-pieces at the end, he went to clip his last corner and just felt his thigh a little bit.

"They've done all the ultrasound scans and stuff like that so it's not looking too bad but it's put him out for these two games which is a bit of a blow for him."

The Fulham Manager was also quizzed about two individuals who haven't featured during his tenure; Adam Taggart and Kay Voser.

"Adam came in, did the warm-up, did a bit of passing and then just had a little slip and slightly felt his abductor," he explained. "Again, it was very, very slight but it's just put him back that little bit again. It's not a big one by any stretch, the physio's not worried at all.

"Kay's been out injured so he's just coming back now. He was back in training today from a bit of an injury – he had problems with orthotics in his feet and stuff like that – so he's back in now."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/november/07/team-news?

WhiteJC

Kit's Huddersfield Preview

Kit Symons believes Fulham are taking on one of the Sky Bet Championship's most in-form sides when they welcome Huddersfield Town to Craven Cottage on Saturday.

After a slow start to the campaign, the Terriers have quickly gathered some momentum following the arrival of Chris Powell as manager – someone Symons has a lot of time for.

"I've come across him over the years," he said in Friday's press conference. "It's always said that he's one of the nicest men in football, Chrissy Powell. He's lovely, a real top fella, and doing a great job at Huddersfield – I'm delighted for him.

"They've done really well. Talking about the form guide, Huddersfield are right up there, they've done exceptionally well. They were on a seven-game unbeaten run going into Tuesday's game against Derby County where they narrowly lost and put in a really good performance by all accounts.

"They're very well balanced I think as a team, they've got the things you want in a team; they've got strength, they've got pace, they've got power, and they've got craft and guile, so they've got a little bit of everything. He's done a tremendous job there, Chris, and he's got a good group of players."

Six points was the target from this week's fixtures, but despite dominating proceedings against Blackpool on Wednesday, Fulham were forced to settle for a point.

The Seasiders had raced into a two-goal lead which made the task that much harder, and Symons is keen to see his team tighten up at the back.

"The goals against is something we need to work on, without a doubt," he admitted. "Scoring goals doesn't seem to be a massive problem but the goals against is something we need to focus on. We had done well at home, in the league, with a few clean sheets but we need to get back to that.

"We've spoken about things that we could've done better against Blackpool, and some of the things that we did very, very well. There were a lot of positives to take from the game but the overriding theme is probably disappointment that we didn't come away with three points.

"But saying that, having been 2-0 down so early on, I think again it showed the team's character to make sure they came away with a positive result, although not quite being the one we wanted."

Shahid Khan will again be in attendance at Craven Cottage on Saturday, as a big week in his sporting calendar reaches its climax.

Mr Khan's Jacksonville Jaguars take on the Dallas Cowboys at Wembley Stadium on Sunday – a match that Symons is keen to take in.

"I'm looking forward to the game," he stated. "I've very luckily been invited to go along. I went along to watch the Jags last year when they were at Wembley and thoroughly enjoyed the day out.

"I'm not the biggest American football fan, I haven't got a great knowledge of it and I wouldn't profess for that to be the case, but I'm obviously a big Jags fan!"

Tickets for Saturday's game are still available to purchase on General Sale, priced from just £25 adults and £10 juniors.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/november/07/kits-huddersfield-preview?

WhiteJC

POWELL: WE WANT TO PUT ON A PERFORMANCE

Chris previews Saturday's trip to Fulham

Chris Powell is keen to ensure that Tuesday night's defeat to Derby County was just a blip and hopes that his Town side can return to winning ways as it faces Fulham at Craven Cottage on Saturday.

The defeat was Town's first in eight games and Powell explained that the mood is still good within the squad and there is a strong will to put it right this weekend.

"Over the course of the season you will have mishaps and games were it doesn't go for you. On Tuesday there was still that commitment and a will to try and get something from the game. We're building a character trait in the side," Chris told htafc.com.

"I went in to the changing rooms (after the game) and no-one said a word. I thought that was good; we hadn't felt this feeling for a long time and that bodes well for the future.

"It's been about recovery this week; we've kept training as light as we can and will do before we travel down, but they'll get the message and know exactly what I'm after.

"We want to show everyone it was just a blip against a side that have good experience in this league and a good way of playing. We're just getting going and that's what we aspire to be. We want to be an established side in the Championship.

"The driving force for us tomorrow is to show people what we're about and that we can respond. We just want to go in to the Yorkshire derby against Sheffield Wednesday with a really positive result. Three points at Fulham would be great for us and put us in a position to be proud of what we've done in the first third of the season."

After a poor start to the season, Fulham's results have picked up lately under new boss Kit Symons and the Cottagers are unbeaten in their last five Championship games.

Powell says that the form of Saturday's opponents has a similarity with Town's this season, and that they are side better than their current position of 21st in the Championship.

"I know Kit and I'm really pleased for him. He's done well with the Academy and deserves his chance; it was a bit of a no-brainer with the mayhem that has been going on there.

"It's a club I know well; they've settled down and they've spent a lot of money in areas. They've got (Ross) McCormack and Scott Parker who I know well from playing. They do have a squad that will no doubt be competitive; they're now getting wins and confidence, which will get the crowd back on side.

"I suppose what's happening down there is a mirror image of what's happening here. It will be a good test and I believe we're going to have a really good following, which I'm looking forward to. We want to put on a performance for the travelling fans."

Read more at http://www.htafc.com/news/article/managers-comments-powell-pre-fulham-2069636.aspx#ii2A5YB5R3gsVYFy.99

WhiteJC

Marcus' England Pride

A beaming Marcus Bettinelli spoke of his delight on Friday at receiving a first England Under-21 call-up of his career.

The goalkeeper has been a mainstay between the sticks for Fulham since Kit Symons took the managerial reins, and his form has not gone unnoticed by Three Lions U21 boss Gareth Southgate.

"I'm extremely proud," Bettinelli told fulhamfc.com. "It's always an honour to go away and represent your country so I'm delighted that I've been called up to the squad. It's something that I've wanted for a very long time and I'm just glad that I've got the chance now.

"I'm glad that I've had this opportunity to play a run of games for Fulham. I think I'm playing quite well so this is a nice little reward to show how well I'm doing, and I'm just happy to be involved."

The youngster didn't find about his inclusion first hand, instead he was informed by one of our England regulars – not that he believed him.

"It was funny actually, we were up at lunch and Cauley Woodrow was just checking the squads," Marcus revealed. "I wasn't really thinking about it, it hadn't really come into my mind, and then Cauley just said 'oh Betts, you're in the squad!'

"At first I thought he was joking but Dan Burn was there and he checked as well and said that I was in. So I thought if Dan's saying it then I must be, so it was a nice little surprise at lunch, if I'm honest."

Before Bettinelli can turn his full attentions to the international scene, there's the small matter of Huddersfield Town to deal with first.

After only picking up one of the targeted three points against Blackpool on Wednesday, the Londoner is desperate to take a maximum haul when the Terriers visit Craven Cottage on Saturday.

"We're looking forward to Huddersfield," he said. "We've got to get three points. We're going to have to be on top form to get a good result from the game, but we're unbeaten in five now in the league, so our form's not too bad.

"It's massively important to take a good result into the international break, especially for the looks of the league table as well. We just need to get a good couple of wins. We've had a good couple of draws and now we've just got to start turning those draws into wins."

Chris Powell's Huddersfield arrive in SW6 on the back of a run of form which has seen them beaten just once in the last eight games.

But while Bettinelli respects the strength of the weekend's opposition, he believes that Fulham have more than enough in the artillery to come away with the win.

"They're a strong side, they're doing really well this season, but we've got as many threats as anybody in this league," he insisted. "In the last few games we've been really solid, bar Wednesday night's first-half performance, and we've got to take our recent form into the next game against Huddersfield.

"We're not scared of anybody – we'll take on whoever comes to the Cottage, we showed that against Norwich City and Charlton Athletic. So we're looking forward to Saturday when we'll hopefully get three points."

Tickets for Saturday's game are still available to purchase on General Sale, priced from just £25 adults and £10 juniors. Prices rise by £5 on matchday.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/november/07/marcus-england-pride?

WhiteJC

U18s Face Leicester

Fulham Under-18s will be looking to bounce back from their 3-2 home defeat by Tottenham Hotspur when they travel to Leicester City on Saturday (11.30am).

The Foxes currently occupy fourth spot in the Barclays U18 Premier League table, but are just two points off top spot following their excellent 3-2 win over high-flying Brighton & Hove Albion last time out.

The sides met twice in the 2013/14 campaign, with Fulham emerging victorious on each occasion.

At the Leicester City Training Ground in October 2013, a solitary Moussa Dembélé goal just after the hour mark earned the visitors a 1-0 triumph, before they completed the double four months later when strikes from Liam Donnelly and George Williams saw Fulham come from behind to win 2-1 at Motspur Park.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/november/07/u18s-face-leicester?

WhiteJC

Fulham v Huddersfield Town: Three key battles which could decide this weekend's clash at Craven Cottage

Chris Powell's side take on the Cottagers in their last game before the international break hoping to return to winning ways after a midweek defeat to Derby County

Huddersfield Town travel to resurgent Fulham this weekend looking to make an immediate response to their first defeat in eight league games after a 3-2 reverse at Derby County.

The Terriers fell to goals from Jordon Ibe, Johnny Russell and Simon Dawkins as the unbeaten run came to an abrupt halt at the iPro Stadium, but manager Chris Powell is determined to prove it was little more than a blip which caused the setback.

Town face a Fulham side who, despite stringing together 15 points from a possible 24, have drawn both of their last two league games against struggling sides in Wigan Athletic and Blackpool.

Here are the three battles which could decide the meeting between the two teams at Craven Cottage as Town look to finish the latest segment of the season on a high ahead of the international break.

Dan Burn v Grant Holt

The towering central defender has been one of the Cottagers' stand-out players so far this season and recently rescued a point for his side in the 3-3 draw at Rotherham United.

Good in the air as well as being able to play out from the back, the 22-year-old is a composed performer who is one of only a handful in the current first-team setup to have experienced Premier League football.

He will be sorely tested by Holt's strength and battle-hardened qualities at this level, however, and will have to be on his guard to deal with the striker's movement, which has been increasingly noticeable of late.

The Wigan Athletic loan frontman has tended to drift out to the left when Nahki Wells occupies central space but even if Town line up with just one forward on Saturday, Burn can be sure to have his hands full.

He will hope to win the early challenges against a striker who only tasted his first defeat with the Terriers on Tuesday and will be keen to get his and his side's game back on track.

Bryan Ruiz v Jacob Butterfield

A face-off between the two creative hubs of the side, with Ruiz coming into this encounter in high spirits after rescuing his side a point in the 2-2 midweek draw with Blackpool.

Ruiz represented Costa Rica at this summer's World Cup and so his quality is clear for all to see, but Town have a player of their own who has discovered good form in recent times and possesses a similar game-changing ability.

The Fulham man can often tend to fade into the periphery of games but his mercurial talent ensures that he must be watched at all times and his playmaking qualities mark him out as a definite key man for the Cottagers.

Butterfield has been the driving force from midfield areas for Town of late and the Terriers will rely on him to provide the craft and running to link with Holt and the two wingers.

With goals and assists added to his game all the time, the former Middlesbrough man is becoming a valuable asset to Powell but will have to be equally as diligent in his defensive duties against the hosts' talented midfield.

Hugo Rodallega v Mark Hudson

Ross McCormack is likely to return to the Cottagers' lineup this weekend but top scorer Rodallega is as much of a threat having dropped down from the Premier League.

Like Ruiz, he is still a player who possesses top-flight quality and has flourished under the guidance of Symons, with four of his five goals coming since he was appointed - including his initial caretaker basis.

He is the Cottagers' most lethal hitman but also one of their most dangerous when it comes to providing opportunities for team-mates, having claimed three assists so far.

Hudson seemed downbeat after the midweek defeat to Derby but can be buoyed by a first goal for the club and will hope his side can take the lessons learned into this weekend's game to eradicate a goals against column which is the third worst in the division.

The captain will need to be at his organisational best on Saturday in keeping the backline as rigid as possible against the interchanging nature of Fulham's frontline but it is a test he will relish.

http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/news/fulham-v-huddersfield-town-three-8071692?

WhiteJC

Brian McBride tips Fulham's Emerson Hyndman for big things

Fuham legend Brian McBride believes 18-year-old American Emerson Hyndman can go on to big things at Craven Cottage.

Fulham legend Brian McBride is tipping young Cottager and fellow American Emerson Hyndman for big things at this former club.

Hyndman, 18, joined the club's youth academy in 2012, and has since enjoyed a rapid rise through the ranks at Craven Cottage, proving a core contributor to under-18s side's run to the FA Youth Cup final last season.

Making his professional debut as part of an inexperienced line-up in the season opener against Ipswich Town, the emerging midfielder made three starts over the first month of the season, which earned him a surprise call-up to the senior national team for the match against Czech Republic in Prague.

Appearing as a 67th-minute substitute for Jurgen Klinsmann's side, big things are expected of the promising teenager at the both the club and international level moving forward and, while he has not featured on a regular basis for Fulham in recent weeks, McBride remains excited about his undoubted potential.

The US icon hasn't yet reached out to his compatriot, despite being closely involved with the club over the past month as part of the five-man search committee to find Felix Magath's replacement, but believes that the environment at the Cottage is the perfect place for him to develop his talents.

"I haven't reached out or talked with him but I've certainly seen him play a few times. Yeah, you can see the talent is there," he told AmericanSoccerNow.com.

"Of course the history with his family is very soccer-oriented. There is a lot going for him. At Fulham right now, especially with Kit [Symons] being the new coach, he understands the strengths and weaknesses of all the players breaking in right now. He has a lot of positives happening right now in that movement."

Position   Team   Goals    Assists   Key Passes GAME   Total Passes GAME   Pass Acc   Touches GAME   Dispossessed GAME   Unsuccessful Touches GAME   Appearances   Mins Played
Emerson Hyndman   MF   Fulham   0   0   1   45.67   90%   54.33   0.5   0.83   6   433
Despite his tender age, Hyndman has managed to prove a remarkably accurate passer in his short career, his statistics placing him among the Championship's best, with the departed Magath even moved to compare his game to superstar Andrea Pirlo back in September.

"I came to the Club last February, and like I always have done wherever I have worked I looked at the youth team," he told the club's official website. "One of the players I saw very early on was Emerson Hyndman.

"He has a wonderful range of passing, short or cross-field. He understands tactics, but at 18 years old he has a lot of time to develop and to get experience.

"I'm sure he will be a good player. His role could be similar to the one that Andrea Pirlo plays, responsible for the forward play of the team from deep.

"I have never seen a player of his age play like he does; he passes like an old professional," the German added. "He is very responsible with the ball and tries to make things happen."

While those comparisons might seem outlandish to some, the Texas-native has no doubt impressed for someone who just made their professional bow in August, but his immediate goal still remains trying to nail down a regular starting spot in new boss Kit Symons' line-up.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/11/07/brian-mcbride-tips-fulhams-emerson-hyndman-for-big-things/?