Nfr..Disgusting Celtic Fans

Started by Mince n Tatties, November 10, 2014, 02:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

They took 2500 fans up to Aberdeen yesterday, while the minutes silence
was being observed by the Home fans,they were singing songs about Bobby Sands
and throwing objects at the Aberdeen fans...And to think some want them to join
our league down here, no thanks..
One good thing was they apparently got their just rewards for their behavior.
Aberdeens notorious casuals ambushed them after the game and put a few of them in
the Out Patients at the hospital. .

jarv

Disgrace. I am from Glasgow and have no time for either team. Went to a derby game once, dreadful experience. The bigotry and hatred is beyond belief.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: jarv on November 10, 2014, 02:40:26 PM
Disgrace. I am from Glasgow and have no time for either team. Went to a derby game once, dreadful experience. The bigotry and hatred is beyond belief.

Nothing wrong witb Glasgow, ive visited a couple of times lovely city.
These idiots come from all over UK and Ireland..

Jonaldiniho 88

Whoever disrespected our veterans should be ashamed. I think a lot of them where from brave Scottish regiments. Whoever hurt them after the game should be ashamed.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on November 10, 2014, 03:01:58 PM
Whoever disrespected our veterans should be ashamed. I think a lot of them where from brave Scottish regiments. Whoever hurt them after the game should be ashamed.

It was tbe Celtic fans who got hurt for their disrespectul behavior.

Putney

Funny that some people take exception to imperialist brutality.

epsomraver

Quote from: Putney on November 10, 2014, 04:03:14 PM

And your point is?

Dodgin

Celtic for the English leagues, no chance

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: epsomraver on November 10, 2014, 04:58:08 PM

And your point is?

I was thinking the same..What is his point?

jarv

M 'n T, sorry, I didn't mean there was anything wrong with Glasgow, just the 2 main teams and supporters. I get back there almost every year. Often used to go to Hampden for internationals. Funny thing is, the Scots national team supporters behave superbly and are welcome almost everywhere.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

A Scottish friend of mine posted on Facebook that McLean (Wigan) refused to wear a Poppy
on his shirt
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on November 10, 2014, 06:05:01 PM
A Scottish friend of mine posted on Facebook that McLean (Wigan) refused to wear a Poppy
on his shirt

Thats his perogative I believe, as long as he doesnt disrespect  how others
feel..
What the Celtic fans did was a disgrace their manager has come out
and lambasted them for it...No wonder the Aberdeen fans went looking
for them after the match..

Chesh

on his shirt
To be fair to McClean, he wrote an open letter to David Whelan explaining why he felt he couldn't wear one, and having read the letter, I thought it was very well put and respectful. It's published on the official Wigan site if anyone is curious.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

andyk

A minute's silence is easy to spoil, it only takes half a dozen idiots to disrupt the moment. The vast majority of Celtic fans respected the remembrance gesture. As for Mclean he is probably one of the few players who thought seriously about the poppy tribute. He decided not to wear one on his shirt, he gave a full explanation, as Chesh has pointed out, and his choice should surely be respected.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Chesh on November 10, 2014, 06:31:06 PM
on his shirt
To be fair to McClean, he wrote an open letter to David Whelan explaining why he felt he couldn't wear one, and having read the letter, I thought it was very well put and respectful. It's published on the official Wigan site if anyone is curious.

Exactly, people's beliefs differ and he respects those who observe what the poppy means. Huge difference between him and his reasons and the Celtic fans. Scrotes.

Mince n Tatties

Celtic were the only side in the country not to have poppies
On their shirts...

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Chesh on November 10, 2014, 06:31:06 PM
on his shirt

I just read it and completely understand his point of view.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Irelands_number1

When living in London last year I had a huge debate over this issue (same time of course). He (also Irish) refused to observe the minutes silence at work and instead went to the toilet. I thought he was being a hypocritical x y and z, he was working and living in the UK after all.

My argument was that there were many Irish who fought for Britain during the 1st world war especially, there's a memorial in our town and that he was just being your average moronic 'hate the queen' and all things British, Irishman. (A 19 year old caused havoc recently because he wouldn't fold a pair of union jack boxers in a shop in Dublin - yes there are people in Ireland who are that narrow minded. I say that because he has most likely not been impacted in anyway by historical events and probably has received very little education on the history)

Having read McClean's letter I have to say I agree with his decision, now that I know it's celebration does not include Irish soldiers who fought for the British in ww1 and instead celebrates brave men of other campaigns.

On the matter of Celtic, if you understand the history of the club and really understand it and what it represents, who its founders were, who its supporters were and are then you would surely understand why the club could NOT wear the poppy.

Forever Fulham

I was heartened to see the Cowboys and Jaguars NFL players all wearing the red poppy veterans remembrance pins.  A lot of Americans and Canadians died in those same trenches.  Whatever your political stripe, death for country deserves respect.  The more often people stop to think about the loss of so many the more likely, hopefully, their leadership will hesitate before rushing into another military confrontation.  I lost an uncle in WWII in Europe.  But maybe it's all a pipe dream.  Bush's people ginned up an invasion of Iraq with hand picked and sometimes cooked up 'evidence' purporting to prove weapons of mass destruction in existence and being constructed, ignoring or shouting down evidence to the contrary.  I think that's a fact beyond reasonable dispute at this point, regardless of political persuasion.  So maybe such remembrances will serve to give everyone future pause about the real life consequences of rushing in with half-baked facts. 

Logicalman

Yes, what actually IS your point please?
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.