watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dempsey not in Klinsmann's 23 for break

Started by NJFulham, November 10, 2014, 04:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightwind15

Wondo was a fav of mine until the miss in the Belgium World Cup match. I was gutted and while I am sure he was as well I put a lot of stock in him prior to that. 
I really would like to see him in white for a couple of years.  He works his butt of and as has been related here already.  He gets back on defense well and is a team player.  I hope he will check in for us in the near future.  By the way, I forgive him for the Belgium miss but it took a while. 
I played in the first match I ever saw!

btings

I think there's zero chance he would come here for anything other than a loan.  The Quakes are rebuilding and he's basically their main draw; he's also very connected to the area (he's a Bay Area native, has a very young daughter, etc).  He's also 31, so no overseas team will put up the money that MLS would want to lose a player who is still (despite Belgium) one of their most prolific strikers.

nevzter

Well, I was writing a narrative when I realized a couple of points re Wondolowski would suffice:
- He does play his rear-end off and can score like a mother#@$%^*, but I don't know how his MLS form would transfer to Fulham (I'm an Earthquakes season ticket holder for many years ongoing);  I also forgive him for the Belgium miss, geez, there's been many players more decorated than Wondo that missed such a shot
-  I don't want him at Fulham; I'd be very happy for the club if a loan was worked out, but I also am selfish and want to see him open the new stadium in San Jose
- How did this thread become about Wondo?  (and I contributed to it... 096.gig)

Also, Dempsey is rubbish.

COYW
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

Forever Fulham

That Belgium whiff is going to haunt that poor bastard for the rest of his life.  I know I won't forget it any time soon...

valdeingruo

Shame Emerson wasn't called up. I mean its not like he's in the area or anything.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

love4ffc

Quote from: andersons11 on November 11, 2014, 01:48:27 AM
Shame Emerson wasn't called up. I mean its not like he's in the area or anything.
Was thinking the same thing
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

PaulUMD

I was really surprised Emerson didn't get the call.  Then again, nothing wrong with him working hard in training to become a regular starter at Fulham.  That's more important. 

btings

Quote from: nevzter on November 11, 2014, 01:34:55 AM
Well, I was writing a narrative when I realized a couple of points re Wondolowski would suffice:
- He does play his rear-end off and can score like a mother#@$%^*, but I don't know how his MLS form would transfer to Fulham (I'm an Earthquakes season ticket holder for many years ongoing);  I also forgive him for the Belgium miss, geez, there's been many players more decorated than Wondo that missed such a shot
-  I don't want him at Fulham; I'd be very happy for the club if a loan was worked out, but I also am selfish and want to see him open the new stadium in San Jose
- How did this thread become about Wondo?  (and I contributed to it... 096.gig)

Also, Dempsey is rubbish.

COYW

Whoah, more Quakes supporters!  Somehow I hadn't seen you before.