watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

With our goals scored this season

Started by H4usuallysitting, November 10, 2014, 11:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

14 at home and 13 away - we are talking a top 6 finish........we should have funds in place for a few more players in January, or at the very least put some existing players on longer contracts.....not saying that were going to get promoted this season, but at the moment I fancy us against anybody.....my big concern is when/if Bryan departs in January, he's going to be very hard to replace - maybe LVC or Hyndman could step up...or Ross could move across to the middle of the park

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on November 10, 2014, 11:10:14 PM
14 at home and 13 away - we are talking a top 6 finish........we should have funds in place for a few more players in January, or at the very least put some existing players on longer contracts.....not saying that were going to get promoted this season, but at the moment I fancy us against anybody.....my big concern is when/if Bryan departs in January, he's going to be very hard to replace - maybe LVC or Hyndman could step up...or Ross could move across to the middle of the park

Ross in the middle of the park playing the CAM role could be a brilliant strategy if Bryan leaves, it would give him a chance to lash some more beauties into the top corner and give him the time and space to use the craftsmanship he sees on the pitch to great efficiency. However, Hyndman could also do very well there...but what about David? If he and Kit make up or he gets his act together he could also feature there for us.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

snarks

I'd like to see how Patrick Roberts would do in that role, he isn't a winger, so lets not play him out wide.

westcliff white

i would say with the goals conceded that top six maybe tempered somewhat. i never feel we look like keeping a clean sheet
Every day is a Fulham day

F(f)CUK

I think that our weakest positions are left sided midfield and central midfield.  These are positions that we need to strengthen in January (particularly if and when Ruiz goes).

A noteable mention then goes to central defence and perhaps a good experienced goalkeeper, rather than just an experienced one.

In terms of form, our form is right up there - top six.  However, we have barely made a dent in the actual top six during the past 6 matches.  This is going to be a long run, if we are to make the playoffs.  Also, we have to continue to improve between now and the end of the season across the board and not just in our defence, which continues to concede the most in the division.

Craven Mad

If Bryan and David go, we do risk a big drain on creativity from the CAM role - but I don't think that'll dramatically dent our chances.

I think we can keep scoring without Bryan and David (either LVC/Pat sit in CAM behind Ross+Rod and Hyndman/Tunni slot into CM, or Ross drops to CAM and sits behind Rod+Cauley/Taggart/Moussa/Smith - we'll manage).

In January, we need to focus on our defence; big time. If we don't reach our expectations of top 10/top 6, it'll be because we can't keep a clean sheet, not because we can't score.

We have the 4th best attack in the league [according to goals scored] and (surprisingly) second best attack away from home - which is only compounded by having worst away defence by far. Currently, according to goals conceded, we also have the worst defence in the league. If our defence can match our attack, top 6 could be done.

snarks

Before everyone goes on about the defence, take a look at the last 10 league games (since Kit took over), Fulham have conceeded 13, less than half of the total conceeded so far. Under McGath 17 in 7 games!!!!

I'm not sure the defence is such an issue, although I would like a good right back, and thought Staf had his best game at left back matched up against a very quick winger, and a good goal line clearance too, if he keeps that up the left back slot should be well covered.

westcliff white

I dont see rb as an issue, we have Hoog and several others who can step in. But there maybe a weak link there as we have conceded 13 in the last 5 games in all competitions.

However i believe we have a shot at the playoffs but am tempering my expectations until we look like we can start keeping more clean sheets
Every day is a Fulham day

jarv

It is not just the quantity of goals conceded but the quality. Middlesborough was the best example. I have coached youth teams which would not concede such poor goals. I don't see any games now, living abroad, but I always hear GJ nerves jangling when we are under attack.
I think central defence is a priority. One big, tough, solid leader would do the trick imo.

H4usuallysitting

I think that David could possibly play in the Ruiz role (if Ruiz goes in January), but think Ross adds more.....clever player is Ross....I'd also like to see more of Cauley and Hugo together up front, both work hard