Main Menu

Funniest comment heard at a match ...

Started by colinwhite, November 10, 2014, 08:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham1959

Last Saturday (and at probably every home game), Block D, Johnny Haynes stand :

"Come on Fulham  -  join in!"

Barrett487

Following a clumsy mis-control of the ball near the sideline, a rather vocal die-hard in the Stevenage Road stand bellowed at Barry Hayles 'my wife's got better ball-control than you'. My mate immediately quipped 'only cos she can multi-task tho'. Hysterics all round and even Basser gave a thumbs up.

Jonaldiniho 88

Have to say none of the many come to mind as irony doesn't work with time. Remember on valentines day the ref hated us and wouldn't give us nothing and we got a free kick and someone blurted out cummon ref it's valentines day, where your cards at?

Barrett487

Barry Lloyd was a great servant of Fulham, however his form dipped later on and i remember a mate commenting after a particularly poor game that the nearest that Barry would come to the team sheet was if he was doing the laundry.

colinwhite

I can remember referees being compared to lots of things over the years including self abusers, blind B....s and numerous variations on that theme , incompetent people etc .
My personal favorite came from a  disgruntled  fan at Leicester away ( Ithink ) a few years ago who bellowed  "Come aun ref Stevie Wonder could do better then that !"

lukeahar

Someone was giving it all to the linesman until he ran out of expletives to say. He ended on "and your hair's s***"
@lukeahar

epsomraver

Chant from the enclosure in the late 90's always used to crack me up, if an opposition player who had incurred the wrath of the fans came over, say no 8, the chant would go up  number number number 8 number 8 number 8 number number number 8 number number 8 w*** w*** w*** w*** and so on, seen said player go red at times so it got to them and gave the crowd a good laugh

keith

Early Eighties at home to Walsall. At the time, Walsall had a player called Don Penn, a bloke near me said. "Don Penn, sounds like a place where the Viet Cong would start an offensive from". Brilliant.