watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Brentford capacity problem

Started by SP, November 11, 2014, 09:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

I've been mulling this problem over & I think I may have a solution.  My inspiration comes from Scotland, Motherwell (I think) who allowed Celtic & Rangers to fund a new away end to house their travelling support.  I'm thinking we call the fund something like 'Brentford (who are destined for the Premier League apparently) have a shamefully small ground & need our help'. Nurse.

:beer:

St Eve

Is their ground much smaller than ours?

VicHalomsLovechild

Capacity at Griffin Park is just over 12750 So yes a tad smaller than us and we were classed as small back in the days we were in the top tier.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: St Eve on November 12, 2014, 02:52:39 AM

Less than half the size of ours!

f321ffc

064.gif I really don`t think they have to worry about their ground meeting premier league standards 079.gif 079.gif 079.gif 079.gif

My money is on them finishing bottom half and us giving them a spanking on Friday week.  082.gif 049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

filham

It is just crazy that they are turning away good money and not filling their ground because they are nervous about our fans getting a little too close to their fans. Surely they can re arrange some of the partitions so that all those empty spaces we saw in the earlier match are filled.

Riversider

Last weekend Brentford sold out their entire allocation away to Millwall, will we do the same ?

Two Ton Ted

We've played twice at the New Den and sold our entire allocation both times, I don't see why we won't do it again.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

SP

Done Millwall plenty of times over the years but being held in a tunnel for an hour after the game really doesn't appeal.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Two Ton Ted on November 12, 2014, 03:58:03 PM
We've played twice at the New Den and sold our entire allocation both times, I don't see why we won't do it again.

unfortunately we didn`t

St Eve

Quote from: Northern Cottager on November 12, 2014, 09:27:08 AM
Quote from: St Eve on November 12, 2014, 02:52:39 AM

Less than half the size of ours!
Hmmm. Seemed bigger when I watched us play years ago - although i was only 7